What's the weather where you are?

It was about 45°F and sunny here in Alaska, so breakup is underway. I can put away my winter clothes now, and wear lighter clothes.
The snow accumulated little by little in the previous weeks, but it added up, so hopefully it will help dampen the ground from last years drought.

Bonn is sunbathing - nice bright and sunny but still cold with 6 degrees and real feel of 2 degrees because of the cold winds.

On the other side, Croatia is covered in a white blanket! Instead welcoming spring, winter arrived to almost all parts of Croatia.
Here are some pictures:
Much of Croatia woke up on Tuesday covered in a white blanket. Although spring has arrived, it seems that winter is not yet a good time to go. Snow fell on Monday afternoon in Zagreb and the surrounding area, Slavonia, and it was in Dubrovnik.

There will be snow on Wednesday, especially in the interior.
- along the coast and in the islands alternating with shorter sunny periods. In the south of Dalmatia, light rainfall is possible in the morning, mostly rain and more often to the high seas, and very little snowfall in the middle of the day in Kvarner. Lowest temperature from -5 to 0, along the coast and in the islands from 0 to 5 ° C. Highest daily mostly from 0 to 5, and in the Adriatic from 5 to 10 ° C - writes meteo hr.

Here in Luxembourg we had quite a weird weekend. Sunny day with highs of 18C on Saturday followed by a cold and windy spell on Sunday close to freezing and with the occasional snowflakes.

Its spring here in the Netherlands, and currently now in the morning -1
This is normal for march in Netherlands.
Sun is shining, clear blue sky.
Birds everywhere, and singing.

The last 2 summers were realy hot here.
We often have a heat wave, but then it lasts at least a week.
The last 2 years we have had heat waves of months.
Last summer 4 months above 30 degrees.
Winters are getting warmer here.
But that has been going on for a long time.
When I was a kid, it was normal for it to freeze 20 degrees.
Now you can clap your hands, if it becomes -5.
I have also been looking at the plants for years, how much they deviate from their normal flowering period.
They also haven't bloomed for years, when they should bloom.
This year, the Cytisus was blooming along the highways in February, while it should be blooming in mid-spring.
Crocuses and daffodils were way too early this year.
The plants react like this because the winters are much too mild.
And this winter we had 1 night that it was freezing, and nothing else.
Therefore,the Cytisus crocuses and daffodils were far too early.

In my view, the planet still seems to be warming up.

East-Europe, Hungary [West of Ukraine]: just this Saturday we had a sunny, warm spring weather, a perfect jogging day! So I did my weekly commando exercise in the sun. Strangely, as I was finishing up by ~14:30 the warmth seemed to go away, winds developed a cold thinge and clouds were gathering.

Today, Winter Cold CHILL and corresponding snow-clouds are gripping our region into their icy grasp again. Pretty high chance it could snow as the winds are freezing!

These images are from this morning 8:30 am, in front of my building . Real winter. Snow about 10-12 cm and temperature of -2C.
And this was not the show that knows sometimes to fall in spring. That snow is soft and watery. This is real winter snow.
According to forecasts, this should end by tomorrow. We will see.

20200401_082013.jpg20200401_082029.jpg

Above the 49th parallel in North America's west, can add for this year in April that my rake has not left the shed due to persistent snow cover; and it's cold each night to the low teens. The fireplace is still a dally function. April Fool’s day offered up a little reminder, snowing most of the day while only semi-melting here today. Now being on lockdown you notice these things ;)

There is extensive bird nesting ground here that in normal (what is that) times the geese, ducks and swans make their way north earlier in March and land in the slowly opening waters. April 3rd and there is not much open water (ice and snow) and yet they have been hanging around waiting :knitting:. The hummingbirds are, give or take, 18 days away in flight ETA, and my thoughts turned to them thinking, just hang on, slow down, this will not be easy for you unless the IPCC turns out to be right with their models, which frankly seem a little off. Will have to see.

For the third time this year, the Netherlands has measured a heat record. The first one was on the 31st of January, the second one on February 16 and the third one today, April 5th.

Today's record reached 19.5° Celsius in De Bilt at 16:20 hrs. The previous record was 19.4° on this date in 1957.

Locally, it was warmer still with 20.0° Celsius in Hoek van Holland at 13:10 hrs.

Full details (Dutch only): Warmste 5 april ooit gemeten

Back
Top Bottom