I'll let it burn the way the sunlight burns my skin
The way I feel inside, the way the day begins
I'm ready now
I'm not waiting for the other side
I'm ready now, I'm ready now

Cause everyday the world is made
A chance to change But I feel the same
And I wonder
Why would I wait till I die to come alive?
I'm ready now
I'm not waiting for the afterlife

I still believe we could live forever
You and I we begin forever now
Forever now
Forever

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now
Forever now
Forever now
Or never now

Cause everyday the world is made
A chance to change But I feel the same
And I wonder
I'm ready now
I'm not waiting for the afterlife

Everyday
A choice is made
Everyday
I choose my fate

And I wonder

"Days Go By"

Run to the light
It won't save you tonight
All our yesterdays are pictures lost in time
Never enough
Towers crumble to dust
Looking back on the moments of our lives

All your anger all your hurt
Doesn't matter in the end
Those days go by
And we all start again
What you had and what you lost
They're all memories in the wind
Those days go by
And we all start again

Stars still burn bright
Seasons change overnight
As we find a way the times they come and go
Look back in love
A new day rises above
With the wind it comes to carry you back home

Those days go by
And we all start again
Those days go by
And we all start again

Those days go by
And we all start again
Those days go by
And we all start again

Those days go by

One More for today - one of the first songs that started to open my heart chakra as a teenager... or even make me realize I had a heart!

White bird
In a golden cage
On a winter's day
In the rain

White bird
In a golden cage
Alone

The leaves blow
Across the long black road
To the darkened skies
In its rage

But the white bird
Just sits in her cage
Unknown

White bird must fly
Or she will die

White bird
Dreams of the aspen trees
With their dying leaves
Turning gold

But the white bird
Just sits in her cage
Growing old

White bird must fly
Or she will die
White bird must fly
Or she will die

The sunsets come, the sunsets go
The clouds roll by, and the earth turns old
And the young bird's eyes do always glow

And she must fly
She must fly
She must fly

White bird
In a golden cage
On a winter's day
In the rain
White bird
In a golden cage
Alone
White bird must fly
Or she will die

Well, this is a strange thread I suppose. I did not really know what to expect. I prefer melodic music but that does not mean there is not a good FRV benefit from exploring the lyrics and meanings of other songs.

To my brothers and sisters and The Wings That Fly Us Home. John Denver died in a plane but his memory is still with me.

Well, this is a strange thread I suppose. I did not really know what to expect. I prefer melodic music but that does not mean there is not a good FRV benefit from exploring the lyrics and meanings of other songs.

To my brothers and sisters and The Wings That Fly Us Home. John Denver died in a plane but his memory is still with me.

Oh yeah. I love John Denver. When I was little my mom used to sit on my bed with her guitar and play songs to help me sleep. She has a wonderful voice.

She is the only one who abbreviates my name and calls me Annie. One evening she said to me. This song is from John Denver. And do you know what? I think he only wrote it because he knew you were born.

Oh yeah. I love John Denver. When I was little my mom used to sit on my bed with her guitar and play songs to help me sleep. She has a wonderful voice.

She is the only one who abbreviates my name and calls me Annie. One evening she said to me. This song is from John Denver. And do you know what? I think he only wrote it because he knew you were born.

And without knowing this story... I sang that Song for you ❤️ Many times ... Deep from my Heart ❤️
You Never told me this, or I forgot, like many other things the Last 10 years...

Virtual hug... yours Mililea

I think they are 2 ways both important and valid. But I tend to be a phlegmatic type so upbeat stuff is much more speaking to me. Ok here is one from the 80's (SO SO laughably 80's!!) - somewhat obscure (South Africans) but very upbeat with great poignant lyrics. I used to hold my first son in my arms and dance around the house with him in my arms to this.

You have to wash with the crocodile in the river
You have to swim with the sharks in the sea
You have to live with the crooked politician
Trust those things that you can never see

It's a cruel crazy beautiful world
Every time you wake up I hope it's under a blue sky
It's a cruel crazy beautiful world
One day when you wake up I will have to say goodbye
Goodbye, It's your world so live in it!

Beyond the door, strange cruel beautiful years lie waiting for you
It kills me to know you won't escape loneliness
Maybe you lose hope too

When I feel your small body close to mine
I feel weak and strong at the same time
So few years to give you wings to fly
Show you the stars to guide your ship by
It's your world so live in it, it's your world so live in it

I've been thinking a long time about what song is an FRV song for me... there are many. But I was at a concert of Olafur Arnalds last year and what can I say, he definitely touched my soul... here as an example a song he wrote for his grandmother who made him play the piano...

You could have fooled me but I don't see you as being that "phlegmatic" at all. And I enjoy your posts. You seem very logical and rational but still have warm qualities too.
Ok I will give you that, as I look at the definition, but I AM good at flopping around on the couch in the morning staring off into space. I am guarded - self-contained - a bit withdrawn. But I have learned how to open up and be "human" through the course of the lessons. The other day I noticed how much I still have my "defenses up" with people - all people - even those in my own family. My mom used to call me a fish-eye. I have always been looked dubiously at this world and this life from a young age. I had my infected tonsils out when I was 2. Under the anesthesia I "saw things".

So back to the idea of FRV songs. I like songs that wake me up. Songs that mirror the journey - songs that are like Gurdjieffian shocks. I don't want songs that put me back to sleep or are self-calming, in general. Although, of course, there is a time and place for everything.

So I have to include Muse; Matthew Bellamy. I have always had a love-hate relationship with that band but much of their music is so spot on with our world and what is happening and even a lot the C's refer to. One of the greatest falsetto's, like EVERRRRR.

Back
Top Bottom