FRV songs !!!

Here is another distinction in this. Some songs sound otherworldly and some have lyrics that are “of the way”. And some songs have both. Some songs may beckon from 4D but the lyrical content is decidedly STS. You have to be on your toes. Some songs that sound sweet and happy are straight out of the realm of wishful thinking.

Great comment 👍

Coincidentally this tune used to pervade dreams a couple of years ago and also happened to pop up again in the early hours this morning;

With it not having been my thing back in day (I was 11), when it originally started the initial thought was that it was by Journey or someone, but then after a couple of renditions and discovering it was by Toto;

In the early 1980s, band members told the press that the band was named after Toto the dog from The Wizard of Oz. After the completion of the first album, the band and record were still unnamed. David Hungate, after viewing the name on the demo tapes, explained to the group that the Latin words "in toto" translated to "all-encompassing." Because the band members played on so many records and so many musical genres, they adopted the name "Toto" as their own.

Me being me, ended up off on a big symbolic analysis of ‘the dog’;

57EB6177-0240-4734-A648-CB83B2168521.jpeg

A long winding road...

5CCF5E8E-11A7-44F2-8934-E8F54EDCE0D3.jpeg

That ended up with contemplating ‘spiritual descent’, duality blah blah blah...

Which then seemed a funny coincidence after eventually getting around to the proposed etymologies for ‘Africa’;

Massey, in 1881, stated that Africa is derived from the Egyptian af-rui-ka, meaning "to turn toward the opening of the Ka." The Ka is the energetic double of every person...

The Do(h)gons“defined our identity as AfRAkan and while the term may appear similar it is unlike the word African in that it has a meaning that is defined by us and not a European explorer. AfRAka means First-Sun-Soul.”

Results that then made the lyrics quite thought provoking.

Still on my toes 🍻

Andrew Bird: "Yawny at the Apocalypse"
(Violins and Cellos with Andrew's Fiddle....give a listen)
Opps wrong "Yawny"...kind of like this "Bird".

@goyacobol I was going to use the song, 'Yawny at the Apocalypse," to lead into the following from Andrew Bird. It means much to me as I hope it will to others for different reasons and to some here whose screen names give me a hint of ancestral pasts.

Lyrics: "Scythian Empire":
Five day forecast bring black tar rains and hellfire
while handpicked handpicked handler's kid gloves tear at the inseams
their Halliburton attach cases are useless
while scotch guard Macintoshes shall be carbonized
now theyre offering views of exiting empire
such breathtaking views of Scythian empires

Scythian empire, horsemen of the Russia steppe
Scythian empire, archers of an afterthought
Routed by Sarmations, thwarted by the Thracians
Scythian empire

Scythian empire, exiting empire
Scythian empire, exiting empire
Routed by Sarmations, thwarted by the Thracians
Scythian empire
Kings of Macedonia, Scythian empire

A kinder portrayal of the Scythians than what the texts tell us.

Also, I second Pink Floyd. I spent a year in my teens listening only to PF. I remember hearing Dark Side Of The Moon for the first time. My mind couldn't even register what this music was. It was so different to what I was used to. After a few more listen throughs, I was hooked and proceeded to acquire and listen to everything they ever recorded. After that I went into jazz and funk, but I always enjoy revisiting PF.

Hello everybody! this is my second participation here, I am from Argentina, and just starting The Wave volume III, imagine that I have so much to learn!

I don't know if anyone already posted this song, It is the first song that "touched my soul" at age 3 and really feel that song even today (I'm 30), it gives me emotion of bliss and I feel related. It is strange since I didn't speak English at the time and didn't know what i was trying to sing ... I would say "Hop oh bilibubu" also it was weird because never happened so strongly with any other song. The song is Hope of Deliberance By Paul McCartney

The lyrics makes a lot of sense! especially this parts:

"I will understand someday, one day, YOU (the C's?, our higher selves?) will understand always, always from now until then"
"hope of deliberance from the darkness that surround us" (I really hope to have less darkness around)

i remembered that in 80ts this was for us our FRV music ... and listening to it now, I rather go back more to the Nordic, Celtic, Slavic, Illyrian tuning past ... but posting it here, maybe will resonate with some of yours memories of that time too ... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :boat:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Cousin, on my Moms side, we share mtDNA, 💖 has participated in the Rock/Country Music scene for most of his life. He is a very gentle and kind man, and over the years has trusted me with his questions regarding some of the deeper spiritual issues.
He just did this song with a few of his recording friends.

Dear Goyacobol

Here is response part one. The C's mentioned electronic music which I believe is due to the ability of this type of music to create soundscapes that are otherworldly and call us from/to "other" places. My all time fave in this category is Hybrid, hands down. Artistic, emotional, thought provoking, dynamic, complex, polyrhythmic. IMO, they absolutely crush it. If you need to go on a long drive in the car - this stuff is a great choice. Here are a few titles:

Hybrid
We Can be Free
Everything is Brand New
If I Survive
Until Tomorrow
Space to Think
Numb
It’s Over
In Good We Trust
Orbit
Every Word
Climbing Wall
Cascade
Beachcoma
Heading Out

Before I venture into pop music I would add Ludovico Enaudi (modern minimalist?) in the classical vein - he has a ton of emotional piano pieces that stretch the depth of feelings. And Erik Satie, Les Gnoissiennes 1,3,4 which is kind of like the Gurdjieff Hartmann pieces. Of course there are oodles more classical things for all tastes and levels of evolution, but I just wanted to mention these in particular.

Here is response part one. The C's mentioned electronic music which I believe is due to the ability of this type of music to create soundscapes that are otherworldly and call us from/to "other" places. My all time fave in this category is Hybrid, hands down. Artistic, emotional, thought provoking, dynamic, complex, polyrhythmic. IMO, they absolutely crush it. If you need to go on a long drive in the car - this stuff is a great choice. Here are a few titles:

Hybrid

@BHelmet,

I thought the vocal part was interesting. I am not into the super electronic sound too much. I am more traditional (oldy era whatever that may be). The lyrics caught my attention.

Hybrid
Breathing shallow
I'm slipping away
Hanging in the gallows
I'm starting to pray

How careful it was planned
To do away with me
So kill me if you can
But words won't make me bleed

So what if I survive
And live to tell the truth
Imagine my surprise
To find me living and so very much alive

I'll find a new life and hide, if I survive
But I swear you're going down if I survive!

I'll find my own place in time, if I survive
I'll learn to forget the crime, if I survive

If I survive I'll tell on you

I'll find my own place in time, if I survive
I'll learn to forget the crime, if I survive

Maybe "I swear you're going down if I survive" should have the PTB worried a bit. That part made me think.

Back
Top Bottom