Search for Missing Soldier - Disappeared from TX Base

Pearce

Jedi Master
Wasn't sure where to put this but it reminded me of the Missing 411 cases where a person left all their belongings; keys, wallet, etc.

How do you go missing from an army base? I hope they find her, and this may be my imagination running wild, but I feel like now is the perfect hysterical climate where a lot of military personnel could be taken and "repurposed" without a lot of people noticing.

An “extensive search” continued Sunday for a 20-year-old soldier who went missing while stationed on a military base in Texas last week.

Pvt. 1st Class Vanessa Guillen was last seen around 1 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of her Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood.

Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card and wallet were later found in the armory room where she was working earlier in the day, according to the Fort Hood Press Center release.

Guillen was described as of Hispanic descent, 5 feet, 2 inches tall, 126 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt.

A “Be on the Lookout” (BOLO) notice was issued by Fort Hood Military Police notifying surrounding law enforcement. An “extensive search” is underway by military members, as well as civilian and military police, the press release said.

Fort Hood officials and Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command are also asking for the public’s assistance in their search.

Her sister, Mayra Guillen, shared a Facebook post on Friday, writing: “My sister... last seen two days ago. Phone last tracked at Belton, Texas. No contact with boyfriend, close friends or family. Belongings and CAR are at base too back in fort hood. Something is not right please help me find her. Houston Austin Fr hood/ Killeen areas."

“My little girl,” she added in another message, sharing Fox 26 Houston’s report about the search. “I promise I'll find you.”

The soldier’s boyfriend, Juan Cruz, also posted a message to Twitter.

“Please help me find my girlfriend her name is Vanessa Guillen,” he tweeted Friday. “Height 5'3. She has 3 tattoos on her left arm. Please anything helps.”

Fort Hood is a U.S. military post located in Killeen, Texas. It covers roughly 340 square miles of Coryell and Bell counties in central Texas between Waco and Austin and is home to III Corps and The First Cavalry Division, as well as many tenant units, according to Military.com

Found some interesting things about Ft Hood I didn't know before. Or if any of this was written about in Laura's books I seem to have completely forgotten it. I've found a few other interesting documents I'm looking through as well but I wanted to start with this info.

Fort Hood Sightings, 1949

For four months in 1949, Fort Hood (then known as “Camp Hood”) in Killeen, Texas, one of America’s most secure military facilities, at which nuclear weapons were stored, was plagued by an amazing series of UFO sightings witnessed by approximately 100 servicemen and confirmed by radar data. The section of Camp Hood called “Killeen Base” was one of the Air Force’s storage-and-assembly bases for nuclear weapons. Gray Air Force Base near the AEC’s Killeen Base (Site Baker), was one of three National Stockpile Sites where nuclear weapons were stored at the time. This entire area was buzzed by strange, illuminated, flying objects in different shapes and configurations, from March 6 through June 6, 1949. The sightings were investigated thoroughly by Project Blue Book and by the National Investigations Center for Aerial Phenomena (NICAP). The rash of sightings, which resemble in some measure the sightings during the Rendlesham Forest Incident in 1980, have never been explained.

Below is a synopsis of the sightings. “BBU” means Blue Book Unknown.

March 6, 1949; Killeen Base, Camp Hood, Texas (BBU)
8:20 p.m. (AFOSI 29 & 30) Army Sgt. Hubert Vickery and PFC John Ransom on patrol at the AFSWP (Armed Forces Special Weapons Project) nuclear weapons storage site saw a blue-white oblong object about 2 ft x 1 ft in size travel S from 286° to 279° azimuth elevation 5°45′. Other sightings by Army patrols from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. (FOIA)

Project Blue Book Data Sheet on March 6 Incident
March 7, 1949; Camp Hood, Texas (AFOSI-32-34)
PFC. Max Eugene Manlove, 1st Provost Squadron, Camp Hood, Texas, observed a teardrop-shaped object, orange in color, drop vertically in front of him. Observation time: 2 seconds. (AFOSI 34). 1:30 a.m. Two other sets of military witnesses. Very brief (2 secs?). (AFOSI 32, 33).

March 8, 1949; Killeen Base, Camp Hood, Texas (BBU) (AFOSI Case 39)
2 a.m. Army infantrymen in separate locations 1/2 mile apart sight different lights, one white seen by Payne, the other, by Cpl. Luke Sims, was of a yellowish red light in level flight crossing 60° of sky. (FOIA; FUFOR Index) 5 secs ?

May 6, 1949; Killeen Base, Camp Hood, Texas (BBU)
UFO observation network using Army artillery observers (Ward?), established 2 days earlier, tracks its first object. (FOIA; Jan Aldrich) real-time triangulation?

Note: On May 7, a high level conference was held at Camp Hood with a number of top military officials, including the commanding officer of Killeen Base, Lt. Col. H. L Gandy, as well as representatives of the OSI , ONI, and FBI. The report on the conference stated, “During the day, all representatives of the Fourth Army expressed great concern about the unknown phenomena as they believed some of the sightings to be valid, and even after all questionable sightings were discounted, that there remained a sufficient number of unknown manifestations to cause grave concern. This view was shared by the ONI representative.” The report concluded with: “At the joint weekly conference between representatives of Fourth Army, FBI, ONI, and OSI, held on 19 May 1949, representatives of the other agencies were unanimous in agreeing that the new [UFO] observation system instituted by Fourth Army provided precise results and definitely indicated that the unknown phenomena in the Camp Hood area could not be attributed to natural causes.”

There are quite a few sightings listed with pictures of the records; it's an interesting read.

A Brief History of Killeen Base

In 1948 a mysterious military post became a quiet part of the Killeen-Copperas Cove area economy that was known as Site Baker or Killeen Base .This project originally named “project 76” by the War Department used Black & Veatch Consulting engineers to do the initial plans and drawings. After 3 revisions to the plans, approval by the War Department was granted.

The actual construction of Killeen base began in the spring of 1947. Miners were employed to dig tunnels in to the mountainside. These workers from coal mining parts of the country, neither knew what the tunnels were to be used for, and did not know where they were doing the construction.

[My Thought: So does this mean they were brought in symbolically blindfolded, if not literally?]

The 7,000 acre base surrounded on three sides by then Camp Hood had the tunnels carved out of solid rock, heavily reinforced with concrete, and sealed off with heavy steel doors.The first concrete was poured in the fall of 1947. The construction of the tunnels, for ultra secret reasons, was not without its problems.

According to a retired construction contractor that worked on the project. The major problem encountered during construction was water gushing from underground.

The tunnel corridors are each 20 feet wide with 30 foot ceilings that penetrate to a depth of 80 plus feet below the mountain top. Interspersed throughout the complex are rooms of various sizes that are still equipped with steel rails for overhead cranes.

Killeen Base was one of seven atomic weapons storage facilities located in five states, and the only one operated by the U.S. Army. Officially, Killeen Base was a Department of Defense Classified Ordinance Storage Facility, manned by Army personnel under the direction of the Defense Atomic Support Agency with Headquarters in Washington D.C.

Security was extremely tight at the base producing many stories and rumors about what went on inside. Reportedly a couple of deer hunters who accidentally strayed onto the reservation were picked up by guards, whisked away to headquarters, and held incommunicado until an investigation showed they were not communist spies.

The Santa-Fe railroad switched cars on a mile long spur only under the cover of darkness. Heavily armed guards took over the train from switchmen at the railhead.

There were reports from people in the surrounding communities of planes disappearing with there (sic) mysterious cargo, inside an underground cavern.

The base was so ringed with security forces that any hour of the day or night that guards might pop up from the ground — like hidden targets to challenge man or beast.
The concrete watch towers are still intact along the original inner parameter.

What in the world does THAT mean?? What a funny way to word that second-to-last sentence.

This next excerpt is from a pdf file I found of a book called 'The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse - UFOs: A History 1957 November 7th - 12th' which can be found here.

The link itself is
Center for UFO Studies › UF...PDF
The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse UFOs: A History November 7th-12th - Center for UFO Studies

[/URL]

It's 105 pages of what is just accounts and newspaper clippings from the time that I've only just skimmed through.

From Page 29:
Fort Hood

Meanwhile, at Fort Hood, UFO activity there also attracted crowd of law men. Said the Killeen paper:

"Probably the largest group to observe the objects here was
near Fort Hood reservation. City Patrolmen Leo Berman, Bobby Nobles, and Homer Cunningham, at the request of Waco Highway patrol office, had gone to the area to look for the reported object. Also there were Highway Patrolman Weidon Elliott and Pvt. Carroll E. Scott, Pvt. Robert Fesse, all of the 720th MPs at Fort Hood."

"In addition, number of servicemen and civilians were gathered in the area near the Fort Hood airfield to observe the
strange lights."

The best Fort Hood press report we know of took place later in the evening:

• Two Fort Hood military police said they got 'within about 300
yards of it' about 10:30 p.m.

• They said they spotted it 'hovering about 100 feet above the
Fort Hood military reservation.'

• They said they got within 'about 300 yards of it. Then it went.'

UFOs and the Atomic Bomb

UFO activity being reported by observers at locations of "nuclear interest" first attracted serious official attention in 1949 when it was suggested that there could be some connection between UFOs being sighted at Sandia Base, New
Mexico; Los Alamos, N.M.; and Fort Hood, Texas.

Early in 1949 Los Alamos atomic installation guards observed luminous objects in restricted air space. Likewise, at Sandia Base, due south of Los Alamos about 50 miles, experienced similar UFO sightings. Sandia military reservation is adjacent to Kirtland AFB. Sandia had an extensive ordnance area and
it is assumed it contained nuclear weapon storage.

Fort Hood is just north of Killeen, Texas (about midway between Austin and Dallas). This Army post had "Q" area protected by armored vehicles. Alert teams manning tanks provided security. The "nuclear police" guarding the actual "Q sites" were known as AFSWP personnel(Armed Forces Special Weapons Project). Many sightings of luminous phenomena at night at Fort Hood were made in 1949. When these sightings were plotted on map overlay, they showed that the sightings formed circle about the "Q" area, the atomic storage yard.

I don't know if any of it has any relevance to the disappearance of the young woman but I just thought it was interesting as I had no clue about the history of the base.

I think it possible, even likely, that there is some serious overhead surveillance going on there. Probably someone knows in what direction she headed and with whom.

The family of Army Private First Class Vanessa Guillen is calling for an independent investigation into her disappearance, and has called for Fort Hood, the base she was stationed at, to be closed if she is found dead.

The 20-year-old was last seen on April 22, wearing a black t-shirt and purple workout pants. Her car keys, wallet and ID were found in the armory room on base where she was working that morning, but her phone is still missing.

Investigators have said they suspect foul play, but her family says they are not doing enough, and now want the FBI or another federal agency to take over the case.

"They're not here to help us find Vanessa," family attorney Natalie Khawam told CBS News' Mireya Villarreal. "They're here to hoard that information because they don't want us knowing what's happened."

Khawam is demanding the Army release more information on Guillen's disappearance, claiming "they're covering up for each other" at the base.

"
Their own people are investigating their own people, basically. And that creates a conflict of interest," he said.

He said his group "needed to start putting pressure" on investigators after Guillen's family received no answers for 30 days.

Volunteers and law enforcement investigators including the FBI have scoured fields and a river near the base since Guillen's disappearance. Her family, who know she was having some issues at the base, suspects someone she knew is responsible.

"We understand that she was sexually harassed by a couple of her superiors at two different occasions that she reported to her family and her friends and her colleagues at work," Khawam said.

Guillen is the second soldier to go missing at Fort Hood in recent months.

Gregory Wedel-Morales disappeared in August 2019, and his remains were recently found in June. While the Army is still investigating, they suspect foul play there as well.

"Whatever is going on in that base needs to be investigated," Khawam said. "We need to find out because nobody is safe on that base. Nobody is safe right now in the military."

Partial human remains, which have not been identified, have been found during the search in Texas for missing Army soldier Vanessa Guillen, the military said Tuesday.

Guillen, 20, a private first class, was last seen April 22, and the Army believes “foul play” is involved in her disappearance, officials have said.

"After receiving additional information, agents have discovered what has been described as partial human remains after analysis from a forensic anthropologist," the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation, known as CID, said in a statement.

Army Soldiers at Fort Hood in Texas Are Dying at Alarming Rates Stateside (January 1, 2016 to Present)

1596151457879.png

In the last 4 years from January 2016 to present, Fort Hood on average lost 36 soldiers a year. If you divide 36 by 12 months, that’s an average of 3 soldiers a month. We must find out WHY so we can prevent these untimely deaths and save the precious lives and futures of these mostly young soldiers. The average age at time of death is 28 years old and each death has a ripple effect on the families, friends, and communities left behind. Help us hold leadership accountable by joining us at Military Justice for All on Facebook, IG, & Twitter (@Military_Crime).

1. Patrice Wise on November 14, 2017 at 4:18 pm said:
    I am Dakota Stump’s mom, I will never believe these are all suicide or accident or whatever the next label they have for the next victim. I appreciate you keeping up with the deaths and honoring these soldiers… hope you plan to do an article on what all the families feel happened… we know our children.
    Reply ↓
  2. Hope on November 16, 2017 at 8:44 am said:
    I am not a Ft. Hood mom although I feel your pain I am having the same issues at the post my son is currently stationed at state side I won’t mention because we are having enough of the same problems there also so know it is not just happing at Ft. Hood it is on a lot of our posts and it’s not right and I agree something needs to be done and the Army needs to give us some answers as to what the He** is going on with our soldiers.
    Reply ↓
    • Tina Stephenon May 3, 2020 at 12:27 pm said:
      Like many other Government agencies abuse of power and authority and plenty of cover ups to protect the ring Leaders in their “boys club,”
      Reply ↓

I know it is old news, but the deaths continue.
In fact in 2018 Fort Hood declared they will Not report any deaths of soldiers to the public.

What is happening at our military bases
By Uriel | November 4, 2017 | Dept of Homeland Security (DHS), Donald J. Trump, FBI, MILITARY:, NATIONAL SECURITY:, US CONGRESS:
What is happening at our military bases?

70110-425x282-Military_funeral.jpg

Apparently there has been a large issue with soldiers dying at or around military bases in the USA.

Here is what is been happening since January 1, 2016:
October 30, 2017 – FORT HOOD – General Joseph Martin, Commanding General, Ft Riley releases full statement outlining a post wide plan to combat the ever-increasing suicides at his post. (Suicides, really? wonder if this is the same effort to cover up as all the JP Morgan and other bankers killed in less than a year. They were also listed suicides. Geez). He became commander at Ft. Riley after Major General Grigsby was relieved of command and under investigation.

FORT HOOD – On November 5, 2009, a mass shooting took place at Fort Hood, near Killeen, Texas. Nidal Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others. It was the deadliest mass shooting on an American military base.

Military Justice For All – Facebook listed the following as of January 11, 2017:

72 deaths at Fort Hood since 1/16
4 insider attacks in Afghanistan
1 non combat death (suicide) in Iraq
1 non combat death in Korea
66 stateside non combat deaths
3 homicides off base
13 found dead on post
22 found dead off post
11 died in training accidents
4 died from medical issues
7 died in motorcycle accidents
3 died in automobile accidents
1 died unexpectedly out of state
1 declared dead after missing
1 shot self after accused of sex crime

January 19, 2017 – Killeen Daily Herald FORT HOOD — A soldier found unresponsive in his barracks room Jan. 12 is the 11th noncombat-related death for the Army installation since November. His death also marked the fifth Fort Hood soldier death this month. The Daily Herald reported on all 11 deaths.
Of those, two soldiers died of illness, two were in vehicle accidents and the remainder died either of a gunshot wound or were found unresponsive and are under investigation.
Nearly a year ago, on June 2, 2016, eight soldiers and one West Point cadet died on Fort Hood when the cargo truck they were in overturned during a flash flood at Owl Creek.

For Jan. 1, 2016, to Dec. 24, there were 13 confirmed suicides with an additional five pending confirmation. Fort Hood had 11 noncombat-related deaths since November:two thrown from wrecked automobile; two died of illness in Killeen; one died of gunshot wound in Peru, Ind. self-inflicted; one unresponsive at Killeen residence; two of gunshot at Killeen residence; two unresponsive on post; and one unresponsive at place of duty.

February 27, 2017 – MarinePatriotBlog – FORT RUCKER – Chief Warrant Officer found unresponsive in an on-post hotel at Fort Rucker, Alabama. He was stationed at FORT HOOD but at a training course in Fort Rucker. (link no longer active)

January 11, 2017 – Marine Patriot Blog – Sargaent found unresponsive while on duty – under investigation but tentatively ruled suicide

February 5, 2017 – FORT HOOD – Army CID Special Agent Staff Sgt. Found Dead Behind Fort Hood Building

March 28, 2017 – Marine Patriot Blog – FORT HOOD – Soldier killed in one vehicle motorcycle accident (link no longer active)

April 7, 2017 – Marine Patriot Blog – FORT HOOD – Soldier found unresponsive in barracks. (link no longer active)

April 14, 2017 – Marine Patriot Blog – FORT HOOD – Young soldier found dead in an old vacant parking lot.

April 16, 2017 – Marine Patriot Blog – FORT HOOD – Soldier drowned in Belton Lake. Stationed at Army Corps of Engineers reservoir in Belton.(link no longer active)

July 10, 2017 – UpRoxx – CAMP PENDLETON, FORT BRAGG – USMC KC-130 accident downed in a field in Leflore County, MS, at least 16 onboard no survivors.

September 8, 2017 – Military.com – Nevada Classified Training Range – Lt. Col. died from injuries sustained in an accident in which an aircraft crashed around 6 p.m. local time on Tuesday at the range, located about 100 miles northwest of Nellis Air Force Base.

September 13, 2017 – NY Times – CAMP PENDLETON – First Marine Division, Southern Calif. – Fifteen Marines were wounded, six of them critically, when an amphibious vehicle they were training in caught fire at Camp Pendleton.

September 14, 2017 – NY Daily News – FORT HOOD – One soldier said to have been a Special Operations person died during a medical evaluation training.

September 14, 2017 – NBC News – FORT BRAGG – One soldier died and seven others were injured during a Special Forces Operations qualification training exercise gone wrong. (Incident occurred during a demolitions training incident on Rage 69 at Fort Bragg and involved students and cadre from the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School. WRAL)

October 3, 2017 – Military.com – Special Ops Command Pacific, Hawaii – SEAL Cmdr. died after jumping out of a hot air balloon in Perris in Riverside County. The Federal Aviation Administration said his parachute failed to open properly.

October 7, 2017 – Army Times – FORT JACKSON – Basic Training accident between military vehicle and troop formation occurred and takes the life of two privates, two in critical condition, and four others injured.

October 19, 2017 – NBC – Chicago hoodlum badly injured an Air Force soldier who was out for a jog.

October 14, 2017 – The Fort Hood Fallen FB – FORT HOOD – New recruit dies from injuries while swimming in Mansfield. According to friends, he was just in processing at Ft Hood.

April 2017 – Fort Hood Fallen – FORT HOOD – Soldier killed in drive-by shooting while walking outside the base.

October 3, 2017 – Fort Hood Fallen – FORT HOOD – Soldier involved in drive-by shooting just outside Fort Hood. Fort Hood Fallen making reference that two other soldiers were also involved in random drive-by shootings not far from each other.

October 12, 2017 – Fort Hood Fallen – FORT HOOD – Spc.in 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division was found unresponsive on post.
October 12, 2017 – Fort Hood Fallen – FORT HOOD – Fort Hood soldier shot himself in the head Oct. 12 at his Killeen home after leading police on a chase that ended with an exchange of gunfire near the Williamson and Bell County line. He was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl, who prosecutors said he raped back in November 2012.

October 18, 2017 – Fort Hood Fallen – FORT HOOD – SPC assigned to 12th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team found unresponsive in his off post home.

October 18, 2017 – FORT HOOD – Officer found dead of gunshot wound in Killeen.

–00–

I am sure there are others but these were shocking enough. I really had absolutely no idea of how absolutely huge this stateside problem is, did any of you?
Are these careless errors or equipment failure where training was involved? Or is there something more to be considered, like morale issues where soldiers act against others?

In the case of FORT HOOD, holy crap! Is that base haunted by evil or something? Is there something much more sinister happening? Despite the “alleged suicides” several of the families who posted on the Fort Hood Fallen believe that without doubt they have been lied to about their family member’s deaths. Some point out categorically that their sons would never opt for suicide so what is going on? Even MORE suspicious is the death of the CID investigator.

Granted a few of these listed are newbies and probably a few careless errors. But I have to say, I find it extremely hard to believe that Special Forces personnel don’t check equipment or are prone to “accidents” without cause. I also found it extremely suspicious how many were found “unresponsive”.
What the heck does that mean or imply?
Were they all taking some designer or laced drug that killed them?
Or was there something done to them?
Another troubling thing is that for some reason lone or small groups of military are being targeted wherever they are in the areas mostly which have heavy gangs.
Why would the enforcement and military outside of Fort Hood and Killeen allow that amount of dangerous drive-by gang activity or is it so bad that they are overwhelmed?

Whatever is going on needs to be seriously investigated from the top down. New commanders need to get a grip on what is going on and either put a stop or shot to kill those who are causing the problems on or around the bases.
IF as it feels like to me there appears to be targeting of military personnel for some reason then lockdown on bases may need to be done.

There has always been an ever-increasing problem with drugs on base and with black market of equipment. Equipment that is used in one training cycle with apparently no problems then suddenly blows up in another is just as suspect.
This staggering amount of incidents is going far beyond coincidental to have so many deaths in a one and a half-year span.

Parents deserve answers and bases deserve to be safe especially with all that they have and use.

–Uriel–

https://www.davisvanguard.org/2020/07/vanguard-analysis-suspicious-deaths-of-women-in-the-u-s-military/

Sexual Assault and Harassment

Since Vanessa Guillen’s murder and sexual assault, many have called into question the military’s handling of sexual assault and harassment.

In response to the surge of support for victims of sexual assault and harassment, the social media hashtag #IAmVanessaGuillen was created. Similar to the #metoo hashtag, #IAmVanessaGuillen is used for military women to share their stories of sexual harassment and assault while serving in the armed forces.

While conducting our research of suspicious deaths of women in the military, we found that of the 53 women included in our research, 13 percent had experienced sexual harassment or sexual assault during their military service.

Unfortunately, Vanessa Guillen is not the first case to receive attention for sexual assault and harassment.

Just last year Senator Martha McSally, the first American woman to fly in combat, reported that she had been raped by a superior officer, and in November 2019, Army Colonel Kathryn Spletstoser filed a federal lawsuit against vice chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, John Hyten, for sexually assaulting her on numerous occasions while working at U.S. Strategic Command in 2017.

Every two years since 2006, the Department of Defense releases a report on the prevalence of sexual assault in active duty. Additionally, about every year the DOD releases an annual report on sexual assault in the military that details sexual assault report rates and the programs focusing on sexual assault prevention.

According to the 2019 report, the DOD saw a three percent increase in sexual assault reports from the 2018 figure. Hopefully, this increase in reporting is a positive sign suggesting that more active military members feel supported and comfortable with coming forward after experiencing sexual assault or harassment.

However, the report also states that “no sexual assault prevalence study for the active force was required or conducted this year.” The 2018 report detailing the prevalence of sexual assault in the active force shows a 38 percent increase from 2016.

With increased pressure on the military to properly address sexual assault and harassment in their ranks and to support the women and men who come forward and report these crimes, the 2020 annual report will hopefully continue to reflect increased reporting rates and show more transparency about sexual assault and harassment in the military.

Disputed and Unsolved Cases

Of the 54 cases we studied, approximately 11 percent involved some sort of inconsistency between Army conclusions and the opinions of those who knew the deceased.

After an investigation, Army officials declared the death of Amy Tirador to be a suicide. According to Army reports, Tirador began struggling with her work at Forward Operating Base Caldwell in eastern Iraq.

This led to mental struggles for Tirador, which were exacerbated by alleged marital problems—her husband, Sgt. Mickey Tirador, had recently moved to the same base. According to the military, all of this came to a head on Nov. 4, 2009, when Tirador was found in a boiler room with a bullet in her head.

The story the Army tells about Tirador’s death doesn’t ring true to many of those that knew her.

When asked about marital issues by investigators, Mickey Tirador became frustrated, saying “my wife and I were very close.” Both Mr. Tirador and Colleen Murphy, Amy Tirador’s mother, don’t believe the killing is a suicide because it didn’t match Tirador’s character. Murphy described her as a “very happy, well-adjusted person.”

Both Mickey Tirador and Murphy have pursued further investigation into Tirador’s death.

The supposed suicide of Ciara Durkin, a 30-year-old woman stationed at Bagram Air Force Base in 2007, was just as surprising for the Durkin family.

Durkin, according to her family and friends, was passionate, and never would have killed herself. In fact, the family believes that Durkin’s death was a murder because about eight months before her death on Sept. 28, 2007, Durkin had told her friends that a coworker of hers pulled a gun on her. Despite this, the Army still ruled Durkin’s death a suicide.

Keisha Morgan’s family has also not accepted that their daughter, a 25-year-old stationed in Baghad in February 2008, committed suicide.

The Army stated that Morgan had overdosed on Army-prescribed antidepressants. Her mother didn’t even know she was diagnosed, and said she couldn’t see her daughter hiding that from her. By her mother’s account, Morgan was “outgoing and very happy.”

Many of the disputed cases involved issues with military investigations and communications.

In several of the cases we studied, families have reported that Army investigations were ambiguous and incomplete. LaVena Lynn Johnson’s father, John Johnson, said that the Army “didn’t give [him] any information.”

Several families have also said that officials were unresponsive, cold, and callous, especially after families had inquired for more information. Morgan’s mother, Diana Morgan, has said that officials have discouraged her from trying to discover more about her daughter’s death.

Several families have continued to take action for the deceased.

In the case of Kamisha Block, a 20-year-old stationed in Camp Liberty Iraq, the Block family met with local and Army officials, called the Department of Justice and the FBI, and filed a Freedom of Information Act request in attempt to get more information. The Block family also disputes the facts of Kamisha Block’s case after discovering four more bullet wounds in her body than the Army reported.

“It’s just lie after lie after lie after lie,” said Shonta Block, Kamisha’s sister.

Case Studies

The recent killing of U.S. army soldier Vanessa Guillen has led us to take a closer look at previous cases of suspicious deaths of women of color in the U.S. military.

Two cases of women of color stood out the most due to their similarities. Both Army Private LaVena Lynn Johnson and U.S. Army Spc. Kiesha Marie Morgan were women of color, whose deaths were ruled a suicide, and whose family’s believe they were victims of sexual assault.

In 2005, LaVena Lynn Johnson was found dead on a military base in Balad, Iraq. U.S. Army officials ruled LaVena’s death a suicide and informed the Johnson family of LaVena’s passing. After taking a moment to grieve the loss of a loved one, the Johnson’s questioned the legitimacy of the U.S. Army’s investigations.

The Johnsons were not informed of how LaVena committed suicide when the U.S. Army told the Johnsons about LaVena’s suicide. Months later, Army investigators concluded that LaVena died by shooting herself in the mouth with an M-16 rifle.

The Johnsons believe LaVena wouldn’t take her own life based on a phone call they had two days before her death. LaVena’s peers even described her as someone who was happy and healthy.

The Johnsons demanded to see the evidence of LaVena’s suicide and worked with various organizations and local officials to assist them with the retrieval of evidence, reports, and photos of the incident.

The Johnsons painstakingly reviewed the evidence and found that LaVena had a broken nose, black eye, loose teeth, a gunshot wound that seemed inconsistent with suicide, and burns from corrosive chemicals on her genitals.

Based on the evidence they investigated, the Johnsons believe LaVena was sexually assaulted and beaten to death. The Johnsons are still searching for clear answers from the U.S. Army but the U.S. Army insists that LaVena’s death was a suicide and nothing more. LaVena’s family has faced years of vague and inconclusive answers on her own death.

On February 22, 2008 Army Spc. Keisha M. Morgan was found dead in Iraq. The U.S. Military notified Diana Morgan, Keisha M. Morgan’s mother, of her daughter’s passing with little to no explanation as to how and why. This frustrated the mother and made her seek out her own investigation on her daughter’s death.

Six months later, the Army investigators concluded Keisha M. Morgan’s death to be a suicide from an overdose of her military-prescribed anti-depressants. Her mother disputed this conclusion because she was never informed of her daughter being diagnosed with depression. She recalled her daughter being happy and communicative, always being open about her experience with the Army.

Ms. Morgan recalls a time when Keisha called her and told her about a concerning incident involving a fellow soldier who drugged her drink at a local bar. Keisha said she couldn’t recall how she left the bar and how she arrived at her room. She even said she found the suspected soldier in her room when she woke up. This led Ms. Morgan to suspect sexual assault had a role in her own daughter’s death, not suicide.

Ms. Morgan continued her investigation by examining photos of the scene. She found that her daughter’s room was torn to pieces as if there was some type of struggle. Ms. Morgan has known her daughter to be organized and that she would never leave her room in disarray. When Ms. Morgan tried to inquire further, the U.S. Army insisted she stop.

Ms. Morgan is still trying to find answers to her daughter’s death. Unfortunately, the U.S. Army has been unwilling to be clear and has instead become indifferent toward Ms. Morgan’s concerns. It’s an indication of the U.S. military’s lack of empathy toward grieving families of color.

Concluding statement

Vanessa Guillen’s murder is the latest example of the U.S. military’s inability or unwillingness to protect women, especially women of color. The U.S. military fails to be transparent with grieving families and discourages families from investigating further. Perhaps the U.S. military is too caught up with protecting and serving their own image, that they fail to protect and serve the most vulnerable within their ranks.

In a world where women, especially women of color, are constantly mistreated both socially and physically it is up to the U.S. military to take responsibility for sexual assaults and murders of women that happen within their operations. They must work to console the grieving families and victims, when it comes to investigating incidents and holding suspected soldiers accountable.

----------------------------------------------------------

List of recent deaths of women in the US military. Many of which the families disputed the official cause of death.

If I had to wager, I would suspect many of these army personnel have either been conscripted or "activated" into a secret ops team. Thinking of DUMBS and the like. If they are really preparing for something, removing people to underground, telling the families they disappeared and opening an internal investigation would allow them space to really never have to divulge much. Of course some could be "standard" abductions, but I feel there's more 3D level involvement than direct 4D.

Ft Hood / Killeen is just south of Waco, which sits almost right between Austin and DFW and many do consider it the halfway point while making that drive. This gives it strategic proximity to both the State Capitol as well as the insanely large DFW International Airport, which in my mind definitely houses some underground facility.

The city of Austin also is known to have extensive underground tunnels. In fact, I worked downtown at a bar once that had a direct tunnel to the capitol building. I was told the bar was once a train station (as well as later becoming a brothel) that had an underground rail line for executive and government use in the case that they needed a quick, silent escape out of Austin. Real interesting place, and absolutely haunted. The now-closed bar is one of Austin's most haunted places. Experienced a few strange things myself while working there.

There's also Camp Swift about 30 or so miles from the capitol in Bastrop County.

Camp Swift Army Base in Bastrop County, TX

Located in Bastrop County, Texas just east of Austin, Camp Swift has a population of 6,282 and spans about 12 square miles. The camp has consistently been used by the military, but it is currently still in use by the National Guard as a storage and training facility. Camp Swift has a long military history that is tied to the development and beginnings of Bastrop. Before the US joined World War II, the government decided that Camp Swift’s location would be one of 14 sites chosen for new military camps. Even though Lyndon B. Johnson stated there were a lack of funds to build all of the new camps, the bombing of Pearl Harbor created a need for new training sites like Camp Swift. The 52,000 acres located east of Austin were purchased and allocated to the construction of the new Texas military camp.

History of Camp Swift

Construction began for Camp Swift in 1941. Out of flat lowlands and hilly uplands, a camp came together that would house 90,000 troops at one point. In 1942, the camp opened its doors with 2,750 buildings and accommodations for only 44,000 troops. It would become a major combat infantry training camp for World War II troops. It was named after General Eben Swift. He had led troops in World War I as a commander, and later he became a recognized author of several military books.

Training activities at Camp Swift included tank maneuvers, weapons firing, personnel and cargo air drops, small arms firing, combat engineering skills, infantry skills, helicopter operations and other types of training environments for the field.

The Army helped to construct all of the buildings at Camp Swift including warehouses, training facilities, recreational facilities, artillery ranges, barracks, gas stations, storage tanks and more.

The camp reached 90,000 troops during World War II. The 95th, 97th and 102nd Infantry Divisions; 10th Mountain Division; the 5th Headquarters; and the 116th and 120th Tank Destroyer battalions were all stationed at Camp Swift during the second World War. In doing so, it became the largest transshipment and US Army training camp in Texas. Eventually it would also house over 3,500 German prisoners of war.

Like so many other military sites after World War II, Camp Swift was returned to the former owners of the land. In 1945, soldiers were shipped back home, and Camp Swift was declared a military excess site. However, the government still owned 11,700 acres to use as a military reserve. Today, this land houses parts of the Texas National Guard, University of Cancer Research Center and a federal prison. In the 1970s, Camp Swift also became the site for environmental-impact studies and new development plans to mine multiple lignite deposits that were lying beneath the camp’s foundation

All service men and women must go through training at Camp Swift. There are multiple educational facilities as well including classrooms for advanced courses. There is a gas chamber for training, drop zone for airborne units, pistol and rifle ranges, helicopter landing sites and navigation testing zones. There are also multiple facilities on site for equipment and weapons storage

And as far as Ft Hood, in one of my above posts it reads

The actual construction of Killeen base began in the spring of 1947. Miners were employed to dig tunnels in to the mountainside. These workers from coal mining parts of the country, neither knew what the tunnels were to be used for, and did not know where they were doing the construction.

Maybe it's time all those Walmart stores that were closed are going to be put into use, and they are busy getting the automatons ready. Texas is apparently loaded with underground tunnels so I can imagine it being a strategic flashpoint. It could be a stretch but that's what I'm feeling.

I have no idea if this is correct here. I spontaneously remembered this session while reading. Maybe a hint? Maybe not. I'm too little involved in these events to judge, but it may help.

You do realise the C's talked about this in one of the sessions when they were asked about military personnel suddenly going crazy and doing massive shootings. The reason for it is because in places like Fort Hood soldiers get kidnapped against their will to be mind programmed and become sleeper agents. Sometimes their program gets triggered by accident so they go on a killing spree. They are basically Greenbauming soldiers for future use.

For more military base shannigans and high strangeness I recommend Chameleo:

Also, Sott posted an article regarding similarities to Skinwalker Ranch:

Having grew up in SD and near Camp Pendleton I’ve seen plenty of weirdness in the sky and everyone has a story. Also, pretty sure there’s an underground base near Poway...

Back
Top Bottom