What just happened to Bitchute?

Ruth

The Living Force
I know this isn't concerning this website, but I was wondering if others were having the same problem with getting onto Bitchute? Are they being 'censored' in some way? Maybe Google Chrome doesn't 'like' them? Or maybe someone is messing with me, trying to steal information. I'm don't know. I could get to the website via cached, but not direct.

I got this message a couple of times:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from bitchute.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

And sometimes I got this link. Actually the link is working again! Where previously it went to this screen shot:

Weird Bitchute Screen Shot.JPG

I seem to be able to connect again, now - How bizarre! That was just odd.

I can load the website without problems. Videos are also playing and I'm using a Yandex Browser. Having said that, at least in the past I noticed that the website can be very hard to load and it can take ages to do so.

I can not access Bitchute since yesterday.

All kind of answers: Error 403, website dangerous and not secure....

Maybe it is really a browser issue? Some browsers block it now?

PS: Just tried Firefox and it works there too same as with Yandex.

It seems to be loading normally for me here in the eastern US.

So maybe the location where it is viewed from does matter?

Most likely they have some kind of content delivery network with servers in different parts of the world. Maybe they were/are having an issue with some of their servers.

And, then I went back to having issues.... A screen came up when I was trying to access Bitchute saying that Bitchute was "having a problem with my request". Part of this notification included an email address that I could use if problems continued. So, I emailed them with some of the information.

It does seem to come down to some sort of "security certificate issue" which according to the warnings coming up on my computer could mean that someone, or something, is trying to 'steal my information' off Bitchute, or at the very least, intercept it.

I am currently using a VPN, so I have no idea whether this is a factor, or not.

I had some sort of thought that (maybe) it had to do with censorship, since YouTube has recently cracked down on content it 'didn't like' and de-platformed people who produce it. These people are still publishing on Bitchute. A recent example is Del Bigtree and the Hirewire....

I tried going to Bitchute via the google search engine and Bitchute was described as:

BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists.[9] The platform was created in 2017 to allow video uploaders to avoid content rules enforced on YouTube,[10] and some creators who have been banned from YouTube or had their channels barred from receiving advertising revenue ("demonetized") have migrated to BitChute.[2] The Southern Poverty Law Center has said the site hosts "hate-fueled material".[11]

At launch, the site described itself as using peer-to-peer WebTorrent technology.[10] As of November 2019, The Daily Dot questioned whether end-user peer-to-peer sharing was actually in use.[12]

Obviously the "Powers That Be" are not going to like something like that! :lol:

Thanks to everyone for their input!

Scottie, any chance Bitchute can be added to list of 'Insert Media'? As more and more independents flee GestapoTube its fast becoming a regular source for important information.
I second this. GestapoTube is fast turning into the McDonald's of video streaming sites - glossy on the outside but increasingly offering no alternatives other than junk and highly corporatised information. Most of the top people in the alternative space are now setting up shop on BitChute and so this is becoming one of the key places to get genuine non-corporatised information.

If we can get the videos to play directly on the forum, that'd be lush.

I second this. GestapoTube is fast turning into the McDonald's of video streaming sites - glossy on the outside but increasingly offering no alternatives other than junk and highly corporatised information. Most of the top people in the alternative space are now setting up shop on BitChute and so this is becoming one of the key places to get genuine non-corporatised information.

If we can get the videos to play directly on the forum, that'd be lush.
I agree too. A great number of my fave channels had to move to BitChute because they were being banned on YT over so many issues, re-Israeli shenanigans, covid etc. The censorship has gone beyond now. I've had a BitChute account for over a year now, and it's growing well as things continue to unravel. They need to support live streaming too, only Brandnewtube and Dlive offers this alternative at the moment.

Maybe "Brandnewtube" as well? Although they say that another attempt was made to hack them recently. Things are really heating up in the world of Tech censorship. Oh, and I didn't mention "Rumble", did I? I believe they also offer a service too.

I tried to sign up for an account on Bitchute this morning but the confimation mail has yet to arrive in my mailbbox at _@gmail. Time to change email-provider?

I have no problem getting in Bitchute, using Duckduckgo trough firefox, with all kind of ad ons, ad blocker, cookie autodelete, privacy badger.
I also recently completely reinstalled my pc with Linux mint, (dont want windows anymore)
Have created a new mail on gmx.com, Hate outlook microsoft 🤮had a lot of problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom