Does anyone remember this TV Series?

Mililea

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
It came back to me like a flash while I was out walking today. I saw it as a child and had a very, very deep-seated fear. I remember feeling that you can't escape them. I must have been about 8 years old and I think it was a bit of a trauma. I haven't seen it since, but looked into it today via Youtube.... I don't have a feeling of fear anymore, but the parallels are fascinating I think....
The Tripods / Wikipedia

I remember seeing it on french TV when I was young. I had similar feeling as you, Mililea.
According to the fr.wikipedia it was aired on French Tv from 1985 to 1987 (so, I was 8 to 10 years old) and hasn't been aired in any other francophone country.

I remember seeing it as a kid in GDR times, watching West German TV. The German title was "Die Dreibeinigen Herscher" IIRC.
I was too young to understand the plot, but I found it scary in an exciting way.

Last edited:
I remember seeing it on french TV when I was young. I had similar feeling as you, Mililea.
According to the fr.wikipedia it was aired on French Tv from 1985 to 1987 (so, I was 8 to 10 years old) and hasn't been aired in any other francophone country.

It was also aired In Québec in French.

It was also aired In Québec in French.
I think I saw one episode.

At the time I was training how to kill foreign tanks with a Karl Gustav rocket launcher, and M-72s. The imagined TV threat was kind of off the radar. We were being trained to fear other people.

Thankfully that fear dissipated rather early. ;-D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom