The power that you hold is strong
Your own eternal flame
A light that has been dimmed too long
By judgement , guilt and shame
The glow of something burning true
Can never be put out
And those that want to kill its hue
will die in fear and doubt

Wonderful poestry and thoughtful rhymes, Willfez74. Holding in mind that I rarely appreciate poetry, surely enough because of the way it was taught and enforced at school, yours has touched my heart deeply.

Lessons in the stars

There are lessons in the stars
That we all must learn to see
Shining through our hearts
Learning how to be
Guidance for the soul
And protection from attack
Showing us our role
In the patience that we lack
Symbols of enlightenment
In the information field
A sacred geometric bent
Where imbalances are healed
Light is a creative force
Building all that matters
In cycles it will run its course
Until all illusions shatter
And ignorance will try so hard
To fight against its knowledge
But always it will disregard
Creation as a college
for truth is abstract in some ways
But still something you must do
For all that's true in all your days
Is only found in you
A conscience will not lay so low
As to be dulled by mere distraction
It wants to give, it wants to grow
And it hears the call to action
For all those rendered mute by greed
The call will terrify
As long as its not they who bleed
All sins are justified
The world is pathological
And built by thought control
And what you're told is paradise
Is an unforgiving hole
Where spirits get dragged into it
With the purpose to destroy
The souls in there get smashed to bits
And the smashers jump for joy
But they know that awareness counts
So its numbed and misdirected
Sedated serfs in large amounts
All behaviours are corrected
But should you waken from this slumber
You'll find the hole is deep
Light will guide you through its lumber
As you clamber from its keep
For what you will is what you get
All efforts start out mental
They're afraid that you may not forget
And remember your potential
Your own eternal flame
Can never be put out

Wow, such a long poem must have taken quite a lot of work and time. Could you share with us what was the inspiration that fueled your creative process ? How long did it take you to lay it out fully ? Do you write poetry often ? How's your creative process like ?

Sorry about the barrage of question, I'm quite curious about how people approach art in their own unique way. The history behind an artistic work is sometimes as interesting as the piece of art itself.

In any case, well done !

Lessons in the stars

Learning how to be
Guidance for the soul
Showing us our role
Symbols of enlightenment
In the information field
A sacred geometric bent
Creation as a college
Is only found in you
The call will terrify
All sins are justified
Is an unforgiving hole
Your own eternal flame
Can never be put out
A great piece of poetry, I like it also. It made me recollect Dante’s Inferno.
Yes please do share your inspiration and process. How long have you been writing?

Last edited:
A great piece of poetry, I like it also. It made me recollect Dante’s Inferno.
Yes please do share your inspiration and process. How long have you been writing?
Thank you gottathink, been writing for about 25 years now, it started out with songwriting which I still do occasionally and it just progressed in recent years to stories, quotes and then poetry, much of it fuelled in the last 3 or 4 years by this invaluable online resource known as the Cassiopaean experiment. I write everything down on my phone as it comes to me, my phone is always full of my ideas. Its a wonder I get any work done at my regular job, luckily I have an easy going and forgiving boss (and partner) which helps. I've been doing it so long now that it feels like if I went more than a day or so without writing anything I'd be missing part of who I am.

Wow, such a long poem must have taken quite a lot of work and time. Could you share with us what was the inspiration that fueled your creative process ? How long did it take you to lay it out fully ? Do you write poetry often ? How's your creative process like ?

Sorry about the barrage of question, I'm quite curious about how people approach art in their own unique way. The history behind an artistic work is sometimes as interesting as the piece of art itself.

In any case, well done !
Thanks Recto. Don't apologise, I welcome your questions, I'm fascinated by the writing process too and for me, more often than not, its usually related to popular music that I grew up with, the Beatles and Elvis Costello being two of my personal favourites and there's a hell of a lot of good material there. You may not believe me and I'm not trying to sound all clever but I actually wrote the meat of that poem at work one morning and finely tuned it as I re read it. I highly recommend re reading you're own stuff again and again till you're really really happy with the final draft, sometimes altering just one word can transform the whole thing, I found that happened a lot in song writing too. Lets just say I'm lucky enough to have an easy going working environment and boss, I know most people aren't so fortunate. I really spent a long time writing songs (much to the chagrin of my partner) which served me well when it came to having a crack at poetry which incidentally coincided with myself discovering the Cassiopaean experiment and beginning my journey through The Wave series and I have to say mirrored my personal life changing at that time (this was 2018) in nothing short of a spiritually transforming way. All my old belief systems came crumbling down and I went through a period of confronting things I had tried to avoid about myself up to that point. Anyway, my partner, my daughter, our two cats and two dogs survived it and now we're as solid a unit as ever. I got to a point where I thought I can't keep all these thoughts and ideas to myself, its time to share and so started posting poems on here. The content of the poem was mainly ideas I picked up concerning the connection between the symbolism all around us and noticing it and acting on it. That of course requires some measure of awareness and once you have enough to notice this it really is your responsibility to continue to grow it and not sit back. The Cs are always saying it, knowledge really is protection and I suppose if I had to describe that poem in one phrase that would pretty much cover it. Sometimes writing can be the hardest thing in the world and at other times the easiest. Usually when I get an idea to write something I'll plant the seed, leave it to grow and bud for 20 minutes or so whilst I get on and do something else and hopefully let it remind me of its own free will that, ''Hey you, its time to water me some more!''

@Willfez74 thats really interesting thankyou for sharing that. It is a good example to: develop knowledge, give opportunity to inspiration, then act to create something, refine it through practice and training so that it manifests as something relatable and relevant to others.
How you have outlined your process is also a wonderful piece of writing. Thanks!

Thanks Recto. Don't apologise, I welcome your questions, I'm fascinated by the writing process too and for me, more often than not, its usually related to popular music that I grew up with, the Beatles and Elvis Costello being two of my personal favourites and there's a hell of a lot of good material there. You may not believe me and I'm not trying to sound all clever but I actually wrote the meat of that poem at work one morning and finely tuned it as I re read it. I highly recommend re reading you're own stuff again and again till you're really really happy with the final draft, sometimes altering just one word can transform the whole thing, I found that happened a lot in song writing too. Lets just say I'm lucky enough to have an easy going working environment and boss, I know most people aren't so fortunate. I really spent a long time writing songs (much to the chagrin of my partner) which served me well when it came to having a crack at poetry which incidentally coincided with myself discovering the Cassiopaean experiment and beginning my journey through The Wave series and I have to say mirrored my personal life changing at that time (this was 2018) in nothing short of a spiritually transforming way. All my old belief systems came crumbling down and I went through a period of confronting things I had tried to avoid about myself up to that point. Anyway, my partner, my daughter, our two cats and two dogs survived it and now we're as solid a unit as ever. I got to a point where I thought I can't keep all these thoughts and ideas to myself, its time to share and so started posting poems on here. The content of the poem was mainly ideas I picked up concerning the connection between the symbolism all around us and noticing it and acting on it. That of course requires some measure of awareness and once you have enough to notice this it really is your responsibility to continue to grow it and not sit back. The Cs are always saying it, knowledge really is protection and I suppose if I had to describe that poem in one phrase that would pretty much cover it. Sometimes writing can be the hardest thing in the world and at other times the easiest. Usually when I get an idea to write something I'll plant the seed, leave it to grow and bud for 20 minutes or so whilst I get on and do something else and hopefully let it remind me of its own free will that, ''Hey you, its time to water me some more!''

Well I'm definitely not an artist but I do reread my drafts here on the forum probably a dozen times before posting, rewriting sentences and paragraphs here and there. I think I understand the feeling of satisfaction and/or happiness related to the end result.

Your partner doesn't like songs ? Were you singing the songs you wrote ? Did you switch to poetry from song-writting because it suited you better ?

So if I understood what you wrote, writing poems is a sort of synthesis of the knowledge you picked up and at the same time a conscious act to put that knowledge into practice (thus protecting yourself by expanding your awareness). It's an awesome way to put meaning and its search at the center of the creative process !

Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out. It was very enlightening :-)

Well I'm definitely not an artist but I do reread my drafts here on the forum probably a dozen times before posting, rewriting sentences and paragraphs here and there. I think I understand the feeling of satisfaction and/or happiness related to the end result.

Your partner doesn't like songs ? Were you singing the songs you wrote ? Did you switch to poetry from song-writting because it suited you better ?

So if I understood what you wrote, writing poems is a sort of synthesis of the knowledge you picked up and at the same time a conscious act to put that knowledge into practice (thus protecting yourself by expanding your awareness). It's an awesome way to put meaning and its search at the center of the creative process !

Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out. It was very enlightening :-)
No problem. Ha, it wasn't that my partner didn't like the songs I wrote, she was and still is very supportive of the music, its just she resented all the time they took me away into my only little world when I was deep in the writing process. Something I completely understood, I did have to moderate it bit and not let it consume me (once you get into the recording, mixing and mastering side of things that can easily happen, there just aren't enough hours).

I still am writing songs but not as many as I used to and yes I sang/sing them too on an acoustic guitar or sometimes a keyboard or piano. Another thing I need to do every couple of days is sing something whether its my own stuff or someone else's or I start to get withdrawal symptoms!!!

I like your ''synthesis of knowledge'' angle and I've never really looked at it that way but yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I used to be big into drawing when I was younger up to about my mid teens (mostly Star Wars and cartoon related) and I guess I just progressed to other areas of creative expression as I got older. Always loved music though from an early age and I see a lot of musical lyrics as poetry anyway. To try and put some of my more esoteric poems to music, now that would be a challenge. Thanks again for the interest, I really appreciate it.

Lessons in the stars

Learning how to be
Guidance for the soul
Showing us our role
Symbols of enlightenment
In the information field
A sacred geometric bent
Creation as a college
Is only found in you
The call will terrify
All sins are justified
Is an unforgiving hole
Your own eternal flame
Can never be put out
Ahhh, wonderful, thank you so much for sharing this!

Back
Top Bottom