Death of Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh at 99 years of age.

You left out the weather and the food 🤪
But I love English weather and (some) English food!

As an immigrant in the UK I gotta say I actually like the weather here. I don't like hot summers becuase I don't deal well with heat at all and in the south it doesn't rain as much as they say it does. I'd say it rains less than back home.

But although I do like English breakfast the food doesn't sweep me off my feet. It's not a coincidence that I learned to cook after I came here and I think it's fair to say that tourists don't come here for the cuisine. Well most, Adaryn might ;-)

But how do you know that ? And what if that is not true ?

Attitude
Sincerity
Respect
Willingness (to make the effort to contribute something that adds to the discussion)

These are the attributes I would focus on if you want your situation here to change for the better. No one is going to take the time to explain exactly what you should do or how you should do it. There are forum guidelines that can give you the general expectations.

It would be rather hard for the royals to engage with all charities that have them as patrons every year. The queen herself is a patron of well over 500 charitable organisations, if she wanted to dedicate a day to each of them it would take her over one and a half years of doing just that. What about other duties?

The source you quoted also said that charities linked better staff morale to having a royal patron and I think most people who have worked in leadership or management positions will tell you how very important that is. Not everything is about money.

Okay. I suppose they can be a source of pride if one is associated to them in some way.

Personally I find it very hard to see them separate from the essence of what British elitism is, both good and bad. I don't think people brought up with a silver spoon either through highly privileged families or being born a royal are "normal" in the sense that the majority think of that word. Their normal is a different kind of normal than the normal of the majority. This is not necessarily bad but I can't excuse them from the policies that run the world as these are the people who rule and make these policies. As the world is currently being driven to the ground I personally see these people, including the royals as being at the forefront of this. For example, Prince Charles is HEAVILY involved with the "Great Reset" agenda amongst other things.

I just can't bring myself to not holding them to a certain level of accountability for what's going on in British society and the wider global community. Try as I might, I just can't do it. Also, they are endorsing the genocide(!) of their own people by endorsing these gene based vaccines for covid. 😒

The royal family can be a bit controversial and everyone has their view. My personal view is that they house some really disturbed individuals e.g. Prince Andrew. Prince Charles as well is into the whole world economic forum agenda and all that entails. I don't see the queen as a victim, if anything I see her as a leader.

The royal family just like the common people are also victims of the media and their propaganda. Same with movie stars and other celebrities.

Their ignorance makes them useful as mascots for dark agendas. But this does not make them evil perse. Many of them are just useful idiots.

It seems to me that a lot of people think that anyone who has a prominent role in society belongs to some sort of elite club where they meet in secret and laugh together about how their progress is going with taking over the world.

That's not how the world works. Do not underestimate the harmful effects of Ignorance and propaganda.

As if Greta Thunberg and all green politicians have a seat at the big table.

Same with Covid, many world leaders blindy believe and follow the advice of their intelligence agencies and other advisors. Not knowing that these are corrupt. And even these individuals are kept in the dark. While they probably believe they know how the world operates. Do they not!

There are a few Elite families, I think. Of which their children are being groomed to take over their roles as world rulers. But these operate from the shadows. Everyone below the pyramid operates from a need-to-know basis. Many even believe that their role is for the good of all. Everyone is being deceived.

Last edited:
The royal family just like the common people are also victims of the media and their propaganda. Same with movie stars and other celebrities.

Their ignorance makes them useful as mascots for dark agendas. But this does not make them evil perse. Many of them are just useful idiots.

I think it worthwhile distinguishing between members of the Royal family. Certainly not everyone is the same.

However, I'd argue that in the main, they aren't "useful idiots". Prince Andrew and Prince Charles certainly 100% aren't useful idiots. They are fully cognizant of what they are doing and the main things they are involved in.

British royalty has been at the apex of global society for centuries, including overseeing one of the greatest empires in recent history. This does not happen by accident. All these is only possible if those at the apex know precisely what they are doing and are competent at it. The proof of this is in the results, that they still maintain their position.

My point still remains, their institution is in a position that warrants accountability and responsibility. If they didn't want to be held to such standards, they can just abolish the whole thing, but they obviously won't do that!

For sure they aren't a naive clueless bunch. These people are highly competent and capable.

Last edited:
Whilst some of the speculation is interesting - it's frustrating to see so much back and forth in the form of judgement on whether these people are 'good' or 'evil', and whether that in some way qualifies, or disqualifies them as candidates for our compassion.

At the end of the day, do you feel it makes you a 'good' person to judge someone you don't know as evil and therefore unworthy of a moment of empathy? Or would it make you more of a 'good' person to perhaps attempt to look past someones flaws and find a moment to empathise with?

Even if every single member of the Royal family was pure evil, do you grow more from feeling spite in a moment of their potential pain, or by finding something human in their suffering?

I think I'm just saying the same thing here in different ways, which is just my frustration bubbling over. Perhaps it is also hypocritical as I confess I felt a moment of humor in some peoples comparisons of the Princes appearance to a zombie.

However taking time to think on it, and reading through the first few pages of this thread upon reflection I began to think of my own Grandfather who passed away a few years ago, someone whom I admired and loved, despite being far from perfect, and thought about how I might feel if all people focused on were his flaws and not his good moments.

However, I'd argue that in the main, they aren't "useful idiots". Prince Andrew and Prince Charles certainly 100% aren't useful idiots. They are fully cognizant of what they are doing and the main things they are involved in.

Prince Charles seems like a needy character with a fragile Ego. Approach him with a good story about how he can be a key player in saving the world from climate change and he gladly accepts his role as a mascot for this dark agenda. People believe in the things that makes them feel special. Easy peasy.

British royalty has been at the apex of global society for centuries, including overseeing one of the greatest empires in recent history.

Roles changes. They are not part of the true nobility anymore.

At least, that's what I think.

At the end of the day, do you feel it makes you a 'good' person to judge someone you don't know as evil and therefore unworthy of a moment of empathy?

In the main, it looks like there's a push for forced empathy from the public in respect to his passing. A huge part of the public isn't reacting too well to this - being told they need to feel a certain way because otherwise it makes them bad I guess?

The public is inundated by death nowadays and news of death especially when you consider the covid media blitz. The public surely have grown battle weary from constantly being asked to deploy their empathy in a never ending way. From saving the NHS, to not seeing their grandma because they might kill her, to staying at home for fear of giving a stranger covid, to maintaining social distance, to all sorts. Everyday, it's never ending.

This time they are being asked to feel bad because of one man, a real man, not an institution like the NHS. Usually they get asked to diffuse their empathy across all the deaths on covid, usually on a daily basis with the constant stream of victims being faceless and nameless unlike the prince. Of course no one asks the public to take a moment for the daily victims of cancer or other illnesses.

Certainly in the alternative space I can sense people pushing back on feeling anything for the prince. They see the wall to wall coverage, the whole country coming under a blitz and they sense they are once again being manipulated with the same tactics used last year under covid being re-deployed.

Does it make people bad for wishing not to be told what to feel?

In the main, it looks like there's a push for forced empathy from the public in respect to his passing. A huge part of the public isn't reacting too well to this - being told they need to feel a certain way because otherwise it makes them bad I guess?

The public is inundated by death nowadays and news of death especially when you consider the covid media blitz. The public surely have grown battle weary from constantly being asked to deploy their empathy in a never ending way. From saving the NHS, to not seeing their grandma because they might kill her, to staying at home for fear of giving a stranger covid, to maintaining social distance, to all sorts. Everyday, it's never ending.

This time they are being asked to feel bad because of one man, a real man, not an institution like the NHS. Usually they get asked to diffuse their empathy across all the deaths on covid, usually on a daily basis with the constant stream of victims being faceless and nameless unlike the prince. Of course no one asks the public to take a moment for the daily victims of cancer or other illnesses.

Certainly in the alternative space I can sense people pushing back on feeling anything for the prince. They see the wall to wall coverage, the whole country coming under a blitz and they sense they are once again being manipulated with the same tactics used last year under covid being re-deployed.

Does it make people bad for wishing not to be told what to feel?
Well at least it pushed the non-stop Covid 19 coverage into the background for a couple of days. Let's be thankful for small mercies.

Both Philip and Charles appear to have had a fixation on 'environmentalism' for much of their lives. I find that people who have a strong urge to 'save the planet' tend to be decent people but rather detached from, or uninterested in, the arguably more 'mature' cause of 'saving people'.
Can we apply this for Bill Gates for example ?
Good idea.
I am trying to be careful when I write, I do not use bad words or profanity but I like to say what I think.
Attitude
Sincerity
Respect
Willingness (to make the effort to contribute something that adds to the discussion)

These are the attributes I would focus on if you want your situation here to change for the better. No one is going to take the time to explain exactly what you should do or how you should do it. There are forum guidelines that can give you the general expectations.

You were placed on moderation for a reason and when you've proven that you've improved and this reason isn't applicable to you anymore I'm sure mods and admins will remove you from moderation. You see it as an obstacle. We see it as an opportunity to help you improve your behaviour without disrupting forum conversations.
There is a high chance that both of you do not know why I was placed on moderation. And even those who did it maybe forgot it. Before you tell me to improve my behavior or name : attitude, sincerity, respect and willingness you can maybe go through all my posts and see where and if I was behaving on inappropriate way and write me about that. I wrote about 80 of them as you can see it is not too much.

Is this insulting on some way ? :)

Back
Top Bottom