Cometary Encounters - Now available!

Arrival in Stockholm

Once it was available at Amazon.se - it came again like with Lauras book, lightning fast and I just got it from the fake postoffice (tobacco store) today. Added Kindle version, as well. Albeit I will not read it yet, because I am busy with the 4th book in the Billionaire Bankers & Russian Series book project...

However - it feels Weheeeee, Pierre :cheer:

💞

0V6A1974.jpg

Page 90, bullet points describing ALH84001:

"At the time of its arrival on Earth, Mars was a wet planet."

Presumably this should read:

"At the time it left Mars, Mars was a wet planet."

since the transit time between Earth and Mars could a priori have been very long.

Pages 94-95:

If the Antarctic ice sheet is the result of catastrophic deposition of the Martian ocean via interplanetary electrical discharge, it seems highly unlikely to me that it would carry any record at all of the Martian climate. Such an energetic, chaotic process should scramble any ice core climate signal, since ice cores measure climate via comparison of isotope and gas abundances in stratigraphic layers.

Instead, it seems significant that the Antarctic temperature record pre-Younger Dryas is quite a bit smoother than the Greenland signal. This would seem consistent with scrambling.

Page 95, coincidence between Antarctic ice mass and missing Martian oceanic mass: if the bulk of the Martian ocean is now locked in the Antarctic ice sheet, how does this account for the sea level rise?

Pages 94-95:

If the Antarctic ice sheet is the result of catastrophic deposition of the Martian ocean via interplanetary electrical discharge, it seems highly unlikely to me that it would carry any record at all of the Martian climate. Such an energetic, chaotic process should scramble any ice core climate signal, since ice cores measure climate via comparison of isotope and gas abundances in stratigraphic layers.

Instead, it seems significant that the Antarctic temperature record pre-Younger Dryas is quite a bit smoother than the Greenland signal. This would seem consistent with scrambling.

Page 120, Fig. 95 and associated discussion: again, if the Antarctic ice sheet was deposited 12.6 ka, ice cores cannot provide accurate climate data before that horizon.

Back
Top Bottom