Sense of Smell is more that we thought?

Εἰρήνη

Jedi Master
Hello Everyone.
I want to ask the Cs why is the SENSE OF SMELL is altered by the virus? Has it been deliberately targeted by the human adjusters of the virus or this smell adjusting feature is from another dimension?

I got cor ona the new variant while visiting Russia 1 month ago. Immediately I lost a sense of smell and taste. 2 weeks later the taste and smell started to return, but a month later my smell is not like it used to be. Now I ether don't sense the smell of certain things at all, or it is altered.

This made me think a lot about our sense of smell lately.
Smell is obviously important for safety, for navigation, smell is also related to emotions and memories. And of course there are many many more things we know about the smell and the role it plays in our lives.

But what if the sense of smell is related to something yet undiscovered?

(some wild guesses might be: certain scent might be a marker that can help enter a certain state of consciousness or even certain dimension or location? Or certain scents can activate certain zones in the brain that were "asleep", or activate something else in our body? Or it could be something completely else?)

Hello Everyone.
I want to ask the Cs why is the SENSE OF SMELL is altered by the virus? Has it been deliberately targeted by the human adjusters of the virus or this smell adjusting feature is from another dimension?

I got cor ona the new variant while visiting Russia 1 month ago. Immediately I lost a sense of smell and taste. 2 weeks later the taste and smell started to return, but a month later my smell is not like it used to be. Now I ether don't sense the smell of certain things at all, or it is altered.

This made me think a lot about our sense of smell lately.
Smell is obviously important for safety, for navigation, smell is also related to emotions and memories. And of course there are many many more things we know about the smell and the role it plays in our lives.

But what if the sense of smell is related to something yet undiscovered?
(some wild guesses might be: certain scent might be a marker that can help enter a certain state of consciousness or even certain dimension or location? Or certain scents can activate certain zones in the brain that were "asleep", or activate something else in our body? Or it could be something completely else?)
This is such an interesting idea! With the information given by the C's in the July 17, 2021 session that hairs are antenna, I wonder if there may be an electromagnetic component of our orafactory system?

Maybe different scents have different EMF signatures? We all have hairs in our nostrils. Maybe the virus alters the receivership of antennas in the nostrils?

You might be on to something here. There is still so much we don't know about human bodies and how they function. We have good information on the forum about some of our bodies' functions, but it seems we may not have the complete picture. Thank you for starting this thread, I am curious to know how the C's would answer this question!

I wonder if anosmia (blocked sense of smell) was planned by STS as one of the side effects of this modern virus in order to block our intuition and some zones in our brain, at least temporarily?

What is the sense if smell connected to? Possibly intuition, emotions, what else?

On the positive side I can mention that some people had a change in the way they smell usual things. And based in my experience, things smell different because people notice another faucets of that usual smell; those faucets were there all the time, but went unnotcied. This bring new information to our brain and body.

What negative and positive effects did anosmia bring to people?

This is such an interesting idea! With the information given by the C's in the July 17, 2021 session that hairs are antenna, I wonder if there may be an electromagnetic component of our orafactory system?

Maybe different scents have different EMF signatures? We all have hairs in our nostrils. Maybe the virus alters the receivership of antennas in the nostrils?

You might be on to something here. There is still so much we don't know about human bodies and how they function. We have good information on the forum about some of our bodies' functions, but it seems we may not have the complete picture. Thank you for starting this thread, I am curious to know how the C's would answer this question!
Avia, those are very good questions!

if you like proximal coincidences, I was just reading this article, which I was not expecting to be about the nose/smell... , and I remembered reading this thread here a day or so ago...

"The case of Emma Eckstein"

The main perpetrator, Wilhelm Fliess, was a successful ear, nose and throat surgeon, who practised in Berlin in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. He had a wide range of medical interests, including biorhythms and the phenomenon of bisexuality, which he believed to be universal. He was one of the first doctors to apply topical cocaine to the nasal mucous membrane, and was interested to find that his patients often improved in their general health as a result. On the basis of this, he conceived the idea that the nose was a far more important organ than had ever been recognised, and was intimately connected with the heart, respiration, digestion and the genito-urinary system, along with mental well-being. In a monograph published in 1892, he described a condition he called the “nasal reflex neurosis”.1 He argued that nasal infections or alterations in vasomotor function could lead, among other things, to menstrual disorders, infertility and miscarriages. Equally, he claimed, the therapeutic application of cocaine to specific areas of the nasal mucosa could be used to remedy these.

On the positive side I can mention that some people had a change in the way they smell usual things. And based in my experience, things smell different because people notice another faucets of that usual smell; those faucets were there all the time, but went unnotcied. This bring new information to our brain and body.

What negative and positive effects did anosmia bring to people?
I also lost my sense of smell and taste after getting Covid in November this year. Sense of smell and taste have since returned to a great extent but not completely. I still don't smell the full range of scents around me. My husband also got Covid within a few days of me. His experience with loss of taste and smell has been similar except he started to smell at first a burnt or smoky smell out of nowhere, and later a sweet sickly odor. He told me the sickly sweet odor or the ‘Covid smell’ as he calls it came back yesterday. He hoped it wasn’t a relapse where he’d start smelling the strong odors often again. Thankfully today he said the odor is a lot more faint and not as strong.

I read this article recently which describes the different conditions related to a change in taste and smell after getting Covid:

Some people develop a distorted sense of smell, a condition called parosmia. It sometimes persists for weeks or months after having COVID-19. Some people with parosmia describe everyday odors as “smoky” or unpleasant.

COVID-19 can also lead to another condition called phantosmia, where you experience odors that don’t exist. Some people with COVID-19 also experience hyposmia, which is a loss of smell that can range from partial to total.

This is a very interesting discussion about the sense of smell and healing effects of essential oils.
Thanks for the link to the discussion. Just the other day, I read an article related to this topic as well:

Info pertaining to article's topic include: Smell Loss is Correlated with Neurological Dysfunction, How Sense of Smell Correlates with Deficits in the Right Hemisphere in the Brain, Left Brain vs. Right Brain, and Dr. Robert Melillo's Olfactory Smelling Exercises, where the author of the article talks about which oils she recommends (some of them are her essential oil blends) and how to stimulate your sense of smell.

Loss of taste and smell is common with respiratory virus infection (the flu for example) because the immune response uses up zinc stores and zinc is a key component of taste and smell. If you're low in zinc, you will likely lose your sense or taste and/or smell.

Thank you all for adding very valuable insights to the discussion.
I just want to add that based on what I understood certain smells can help to unlock stuck energy and maybe certain smells can be used in conjunction with Eiriu Eolas?
Or it can be the opposite: loosing the ability to smell can help cut off certain non-beneficial passions or addictions.

Also, it seems to me that sense of smell has a connetion to 4D. In history and mythology many times I came across stories explaining that certain gods and godesses prefer certain smells that can be delivered to their density through fire: some vicious gods demanded the smell of the burning flesh, other more peaceful gods were happy to smell various insences etc. So I understood that some beings from higher densities "consume" scents as we consume food here in 3D.

Scent can be communicated to a higher density (through fire) but also higher density beings aka gods can manifest themselves to humans through fragrance. For example Queen Hatshepsut (1479 BC ) was concieved (according to the poetic description found on one of the walls of her temple at Deir el-Bahari) through perfume:
"Amon, god of Thebes, found her [the mother of Queen Hatshepsut] as she slept in the beauty of her palace. She waked at the fragrance of the god, which she smelled in the presence of his majesty. When he came before her she rejoiced at the sight of his beauty. His love passed into her limbs which the fragrance of the god flooded. All his odors were from Pundt" (From Kennet, F., History of Perfume, p. 42)

Bottom line: I dont think the sense of smell plays a clrucial role in the Work. It is the actual Work that needs to be done, no shortcuts. But I was very surprized when losing a sence of smell changed the way I percieved live and that made me curios about this subject.

Loss of taste and smell is common with respiratory virus infection (the flu for example) because the immune response uses up zinc stores and zinc is a key component of taste and smell. If you're low in zinc, you will likely lose your sense or taste and/or smell.

Joe, I owe you my sense of smell. Early in the year I had COVID, about 5 or 6 days in I lost my sense of smell. And this exact post of yours flashed into my mind. And I immediately started taking larger doses of zinc. My sense of smell started coming back the next day, and in a few more days it was back completely. I know someone who had covid before me, who still doesn't have all her sense of small back.

I lost my sense of smell last year in April due to Covid infection (with pneumonia and fever for more then 20 days) , I used Zinc before during and after the infection.. Im still using it.. Unfortunately I still do not recognise wide range of scents... Its soo anoying...

Exactly this. Have observed it many times in my own experience. After taking 30mg of zinc citrate my smell and taste got enhanced.

Lately (about month or two) I've noticed occasional sensitivity to smell of chloride, that I suppose is in the water. As I live in an apartment house in the urban area, the water isn't exactly coming straight out of the well.

Be it kitchen tap or flushing toilet, there comes that *puff*, like I was in the swimming hall. Sometimes it's quite bitter smell. I'm not yet quite sure if I can taste the chloride in the tap water as clearly as I can smell it.

I take supplements like vit. B, C, D, magnesium, calcium, and omega 3 almost daily, but only rarely zinc tablets (25mg + 200mg C vit.).

I've also been on a diet for over year, without bread or other grain products, dairy and sugar(apart from some slippings.)

I smoke quite a lot, so that perhaps rules out the the myth that smoking decreases one's sense of smell.

Or could it be that one's sense of smell may become more "selective", for what ever the reason might be, to possibly wake some sort of defensive mechanism more or less unconsciously?

While writing this, I got a thought about animal (or basic human) instinct. Which is more important for survival, sense of smell, or sense of taste? Perhaps both, depending on the situation.

Be it kitchen tap or flushing toilet, there comes that *puff*, like I was in the swimming hall. Sometimes it's quite bitter smell. I'm not yet quite sure if I can taste the chloride in the tap water as clearly as I can smell it.

I did some research and here are some possible reasons to explore. First, as a general knowledge, apparently the chlorine smell that we usually associate with a standard "pool smell" means that the pool isn't actually clean.

As for smelling chlorine in the house, it could be due to some external reason or a health issue. Considering the fact that you smell it particularly around kitchen tap or the toilet area, it's possible that it has to do with a local sewer system.

Back
Top Bottom