A butterfly and me

I've been thinking about what has been commented on this thread for a couple of days and debating whether to post my comment or not. Considering that my hesitation is mostly based on the fear of being judged as insensitive, I decided to post it. Eventually, should this be the case (that my comment is inconsiderate and/or insensitive), there are people on this forum much wiser than me who will surely bring it to my attention. In any case this is a forum to debate ideas, so it is in that spirit that I share what I think.

I would like to call this lesson 'The Butterfly Solution’ on your behalf. And it does not just pertain to this butterfly event, but all events of similarity. The butterfly could be any 2nd or 3rd density soul. The resolve is what matters in these events, how did you handle the situation, what was your resolution on the matter. This affects the STO orienting soul. Loreta, your care for the lesser forms and your reactions were beautiful. I commend you. It was very 4th density STO of you. And for those that are reading this thread, how would you have reacted to this event? Would you have done something else? Think about it, because you probably will experience it before this is all over and done.

Haiku, you ask "how would you have reacted to this event? Would you have done something else?". Well, I probably would have let nature take its course, the spider has as much right to feed as the butterfly. It doesn't seem fair to me that the spider, perhaps because it is a little scarier in our eyes or not as pretty as the butterfly, should suffer a worse fate.

I can understand what an experience of communion with the Universe means, where one can feel connected or where one can perceive beauty in an intense and profound way. But just as Loreta experienced this with a butterfly another could experience it with the web built by the spider or with the spider itself. It is in this sense that I see the experience as individual and personal.

Regarding saving or not saving the butterfly, IMO I don't think it's fair to do so. I understand that Loreta may have sensed that the butterfly was asking for help, but (and I say this with the greatest respect) I think that is debatable. Loreta may have felt that the butterfly was asking for help, but one must consider that this may be a result of her own subjectivity and the biases that each of us have in judging the world around us. Some may see the beautiful butterfly as the victim and the spider as the villain, but I tend to think that, in objective terms, there is no such thing, everyone occupies a place in the Universe and is honoring that place.

Extrapolating, I imagine what would happen if the Cs imagined that we were asking for help (even if we did not do it openly) simply because we are being victimized by our 4D STS predators and decided to simply destroy the technology of these beings to "save" us.

On the other hand, the butterfly belongs to the 2D world and like all beings at that point of development have something like a sort of shared soul belonging to the species (or at least that's my understanding). Wouldn't it be logical to think that the death of that butterfly in the claws of the spider would have been a good lesson for its entire species/shared soul?

Reviewing the story and re-reading some of the commentators, more questions come to mind: Is it truly STO to arbitrarily intervene in these types of events? When we intervene, do we do it because we are aligned with the creative/positive forces of STO or because of how good it makes us feel to have "saved" the butterfly? And if the latter, wouldn't this be more STS oriented? ... and several others along the same lines.

Finally I would like to say that IMHO we have to be very careful when interpreting this kind of experiences. If we let our imagination fly driven by our traumas, fears, biases, etc., I think it could play a dirty trick on us; if we don't make an effort to see the world around us as objectively as possible, we can start seeing signs everywhere and give them the most whimsical and subjective interpretations that cross our minds; the cover of "Crime and Punishment" we see in a shop window can quickly become a "sign from the universe" calling us to become executioners, or a red car can become in a flash a prophecy of a bloody event that will soon occur (silly examples, but I hope you get the idea).

I am not saying that the Universe cannot "speak" to us in a symbolic way (in fact I think it does it all the time even though most of the time we don't realize it). What I am trying to say is that to properly understand the "message", we have to be hygienic in our mind and emotions.

Well, it's a broad topic and I can come up with many more comments, but I think this quite well sums up what I think about it.

I don't think your post was insensitive at all msante.. I found it thoughtful. It's an interesting topic I've thought about a lot at times, but have no conclusions on.. I don't disagree with anything you said, but at the same time don't disagree with what loreta did and said.

Reviewing the story and re-reading some of the commentators, more questions come to mind: Is it truly STO to arbitrarily intervene in these types of events? When we intervene, do we do it because we are aligned with the creative/positive forces of STO or because of how good it makes us feel to have "saved" the butterfly? And if the latter, wouldn't this be more STS oriented? ... and several others along the same lines.

As we know, we are all STS. Even if we are heading in the direction of becoming STO aligned, I guess we'd be talking about 3D or 4D STO, not yet 6D unified thought forms.. I'm not even sure we know what STO really looks like, if it's a whole different mode of being. Well I don't anyway. The way of looking at it that you wrote about makes sense to me, but I feel like it's very intellectually based, and there could be more to it... not a "one size fits all" solution, but a wide range of meanings depending on different people's inner core / soul essence / something like that.. I'm having trouble putting this into words.

The way I saw it from loreta's post was like, she acted naturally and openly, according to her being, in the moment that life put in front of her. There are plenty more butterflies and spiders but that one was right there, right then, and something connected and something happened.. I see it as a very different thing from say, the proverbial buddhist who goes out of their way to never step on an ant.

I think of that line from the FOTCM evening prayer, "For Cosmic Mind will deliver you from the snare of the fowler"..

So, I don't know. I think your post is good for thought though. For what it's worth, I have no idea what I'd do in the same situation. If I had the thought about rescuing a butterfly just before finding a trapped one I think I'd feel obligated to rescue it, but at other times would probably just let what be, be.

Thank you for your reply Brandon!

It's true that my perspective may be intellectually focused and I may not be considering other, deeper factors. Still, if we focus specifically on the experience related by Loreta, there are some points that I find remarkable.

The way I saw it from loreta's post was like, she acted naturally and openly, according to her being, in the moment that life put in front of her. There are plenty more butterflies and spiders but that one was right there, right then, and something connected and something happened.. I see it as a very different thing from say, the proverbial buddhist who goes out of their way to never step on an ant.

Certainly this could be the case, but in her original account Loreta says:

I continued to walk when in my head came the following thought: I would like to save a butterfly from a spider web. And this thought, strange and sudden, made me see spider webs and there were many of them on the road.

This is the point where all my doubts arise. I have the feeling that there is an a priori desire on Loreta's part to save a butterfly from the claws of a spider. IMHO this hints (I'm not saying that this is so, I perceive it to be so) at a certain judgement on Loreta's part about the right of the butterfly not to perish and the non-right of the spider to feed on the beautiful butterfly. I feel that there is a perhaps somewhat arbitrary value judgement here based mostly on how Loreta perceives the butterfly and the spider. From my perspective it is as if Loreta's genuine and commendable desire for justice materialised on a personal and subjective projection of her inner world and not on objective reality.

Having said that, I cannot but consider the possibility that it is I myself who am failing to grasp the depth of this experience and cannot come out of my cocoon of intellectuality.

Finally... @loreta, I hope you don't take my comments the wrong way, I am not judging you, we are all subject to perceiving the world in subjective ways and projecting our inner world onto the world around us. My intention is simply to use your experience as an opportunity to reflect and debate ideas.

Thank you for your reply Brandon!

It's true that my perspective may be intellectually focused and I may not be considering other, deeper factors. Still, if we focus specifically on the experience related by Loreta, there are some points that I find remarkable.

Certainly this could be the case, but in her original account Loreta says:

This is the point where all my doubts arise. I have the feeling that there is an a priori desire on Loreta's part to save a butterfly from the claws of a spider. IMHO this hints (I'm not saying that this is so, I perceive it to be so) at a certain judgement on Loreta's part about the right of the butterfly not to perish and the non-right of the spider to feed on the beautiful butterfly. I feel that there is a perhaps somewhat arbitrary value judgement here based mostly on how Loreta perceives the butterfly and the spider. From my perspective it is as if Loreta's genuine and commendable desire for justice materialised on a personal and subjective projection of her inner world and not on objective reality.

Having said that, I cannot but consider the possibility that it is I myself who am failing to grasp the depth of this experience and cannot come out of my cocoon of intellectuality.

Finally... @loreta, I hope you don't take my comments the wrong way, I am not judging you, we are all subject to perceiving the world in subjective ways and projecting our inner world onto the world around us. My intention is simply to use your experience as an opportunity to reflect and debate ideas.
Ja ja, not at all, I take your comments with a lot of interest. This experience with the butterfly is this: I walk, I see a butterfly, I communique with it, then the thought came to save a butterfly. The thought was not mine, and I am not mother Theresa that wanted to save all the butterflies on my road. The strange situation is this thought that came to my mind, like that, without thinking of little butterflies that are in danger. I know that all butterflies are in danger, they are fragile, I know also they are very strong. Then I saw the butterfly is there, in a spiderweb.

In front of a butterfly that is catch in a spiderweb you have two alternatives: you say, oh well, life is hard for butterflies, and they are food for spiders. bye bye butterfly, nature is like that, we are all food for someone, all of us. Or you can stop and look a butterfly that try to fly from a danger, and thought or not thought you try to save it because it is something spontaneous in you to save someone who is in danger. The spider will have food anyway, no problem for the spider.

Is this so complicated to understand my attitude at that moment? I have to admit: I do not like spiders. I never kill a spider and I admire their webs but I do not like them at all. The are repulsive and ugly, for me. I accept that they exists, because life is beauty and ugliness also and spiders are food for birds, they are essential in the realm of life. Insects are important, without insects life is not possible on earth.

I did not rationalised me saving the butterfly. I saved it because he was trying to save himself and needed help in front of a hungry spider. When you need help you ask for help. Sometimes it came, sometimes not. In that story, the butterfly asked for help and I was there at that moment. And before that I received the message in my mind. The life of a butterfly is important even if they not live long. Maybe one more day of sun and flowers and beautiful colors for this butterfly.

One more little thing: why not to see a little "magic" in our lives now that we are living in a nightmare all of us? Why not a little spicy moment in a day, just a little surprise in our life, something beautiful to remember, a communication with nature itself while some crazy people (these criminals) that are trying to de-naturalise us? To see, just that, to see a butterfly is a miracle, for me. It is amazing that in this devil nightmare I am able to see and look and talk to a butterfly. I am grateful to this butterfly for being there that day and giving me joy, and calming me, and open inside me something that is good, the simple contact with nature, the beauty of a butterfly.

I know that spiders are amazing also, and mysterious and creative, they are artists in a sort of way and very strange. When I had spiders at my home I never killed them, even if I do not like them at all. I save the life of some spiders also.

But that day it was a butterfly that I saved. I did not do it for me, I think so. But maybe, maybe, saving this butterfly was also saving a little part of me that is scare and feel lonely, and need, sometimes, help and ask also for help. So in the middle of this terror we try to save others and saving others we are saving ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom