Numbers in dreams

Cleo

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I hardly ever remember numbers in my dreams so this last one stood out. What I remember is either hearing or seeing the number 150 and 108.

I had a couple other disturbing dreams that same morning (yesterday) so was feeling pretty unsettled when I woke up at around 5am. I had indigestion the night before as well which very likely influenced the weirdness of the dreams. Anyway, I focused mostly on the number 108 when I woke up and for whatever reason I thought of the days in the year..and how close it is now to that day (but doing the math at first wrong in my head, thinking it was closer than it was).

What upped the unsettling factor was hearing at around the same time, a loud sound outside like a transformer blowing up. That definitely got me up! When I went into the next room I was told that the lights had been flickering as well before the loud noise. There was a wind storm here that morning so the loud noise could very well have been from the above. A lot of people in the county lost power that day actually, even more further North, though even with all the above the power didn't go out where I was. This type of storm is pretty unusual here for April.

Anyway, I wonder what numbers might signify if anything? The night before I had actually been talking about plans for the 18th of this month..I say this half seriously...maybe I should change my plans.. This is the part where I also sense how easy it is to get carried away and read more into dreams than necessary.

Hello Cleo,

My first impression while reading your post was about 108 steps up the hill which Buddhist monk has to do to take a water from the well. I've read this parable somewhere. I can not find it now though. So Wikipedia helps me out a bit:

W said:
In Japan, at the end of the year, a bell is chimed 108 times in Buddhist temples to finish the old year and welcome the new one. Each ring represents one of 108 earthly temptations (Bonnō) a person must overcome to achieve nirvana.

This reference to "108 earthy temptations" leads me to Buddhist "conception/idea"(?) of "klesha" which is defined as:

[M]ental states that cloud the mind and manifest in unwholesome actions. Kleshas include states of mind such as anxiety, fear, anger, jealousy, desire, depression, etc. Contemporary translators use a variety of English words to translate the term kleshas, such as: afflictions, defilements, destructive emotions, disturbing emotions, negative emotions, mind poisons, etc.

I have no idea what is number 150 about.

Hi Zee Ley,

Thanks for the interesting info about the parable. About the number 150, I haven't been able to find much on this number either.

I think hearing the loud sound of what was likely a transformer exploding in the distance around the same time that I was thinking of the numbers from the dream, made me think more about the numbers than I might've otherwise.

I hardly ever remember numbers in my dreams so this last one stood out. What I remember is either hearing or seeing the number 150 and 108.

I had a couple other disturbing dreams that same morning (yesterday) so was feeling pretty unsettled when I woke up at around 5am. I had indigestion the night before as well which very likely influenced the weirdness of the dreams. Anyway, I focused mostly on the number 108 when I woke up and for whatever reason I thought of the days in the year..and how close it is now to that day (but doing the math at first wrong in my head, thinking it was closer than it was).

What upped the unsettling factor was hearing at around the same time, a loud sound outside like a transformer blowing up. That definitely got me up! When I went into the next room I was told that the lights had been flickering as well before the loud noise. There was a wind storm here that morning so the loud noise could very well have been from the above. A lot of people in the county lost power that day actually, even more further North, though even with all the above the power didn't go out where I was. This type of storm is pretty unusual here for April.

Anyway, I wonder what numbers might signify if anything? The night before I had actually been talking about plans for the 18th of this month..I say this half seriously...maybe I should change my plans.. This is the part where I also sense how easy it is to get carried away and read more into dreams than necessary.

Hi Cleo,
I know this post was a while ago and I am interested to see where this all went with you. I have been all of a sudden seeing the same numbers everywhere which led me to finding numerology. The numbers I was seeing directly relate to my current life lesson cycle in my personal cycle. Reading more has expanded my knowledge base so much more.

Hi Cleo,
I know this post was a while ago and I am interested to see where this all went with you. I have been all of a sudden seeing the same numbers everywhere which led me to finding numerology. The numbers I was seeing directly relate to my current life lesson cycle in my personal cycle. Reading more has expanded my knowledge base so much more.

Hi, interestingly enough-soon after reading your post the other day and thinking back to that dream, I read a thread that mentioned that very number, 108. I almost thought you wrote it because of the mention of that number. The posting mentioned something about '108 prayer beads.' Maybe there's some significance there or maybe it's pure coincidence..

That would be the first time though since the dream that the number has really stood out.

First time last night I dreams about the numbers, all I remember is that I was reading some kind of books or script but I don’t remember anything except numbers, that is ‘321’, I wonder what’s that means?
And it seems like I dream every night, but I don’t remember most of the time, but from my experience, if I remember, that’s means something is going to happening or trying to tell me or warning.

First time last night I dreams about the numbers, all I remember is that I was reading some kind of books or script but I don’t remember anything except numbers, that is ‘321’, I wonder what’s that means?
And it seems like I dream every night, but I don’t remember most of the time, but from my experience, if I remember, that’s means something is going to happening or trying to tell me or warning.
Oh, your dream sounds like it may have been a type of answer Dream, perhaps to a query or question you were pondering, before drifting off.
You saw the numbers 3,2,1. That also is the final countdown sequence, to a blastoff or event, so there is that as well!
And, even tho the numbers are in reverse, they are the first three Prime numbers, which I was just rereading in an entry in the information theory thread:
Q: How do we find out who are the prime numbers? Do we plot...

A: Who are the first 3?

Q: Father, Son and Holy Ghost?

A: Numbers!!!

Q: (A) 1 2 3 are the first three prime numbers...

A: Yes, thank you Arkadiusz!!!! Laura is dancing around in wonderland, meanwhile all of creation, of existence, is contained in 1, 2, 3!!! Look for this when you are trying to find the keys to the hidden secrets of all existence... They dwell within. 11, 22, 33, 1/2, 1/3, 1, 2, 3, 121, 11, 111, 222, 333, and so on! Get it?!?!

Q: When you say that the secrets of all existence dwell within 1 2 3 or variations thereof, what kind of secrets are we talking about here?

A: All.
I have had such enlightening breakthroughs by using the method of holding the question in my inner ”mind” before entering sleep, and hopefully this may help you unravel your dream puzzle. These are such interesting times, and I send you all the best.

You saw the numbers 3,2,1. That also is the final countdown sequence, to a blastoff or event, so there is that as well!
That was my first thought as well (that of a countdown sequence). FWIW, I work with preschool age kids and watch after a family member occasionally who is close to preschool age..lately I'll sometimes find myself saying in a playful way ‘3, 2, 1 go!’ before they go down the slide at the playground, for example.

Back
Top Bottom