Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music

tykes

Jedi Master
Hi everybody, i wanted to show this adaptation i made from the Prayer Of The Soul, it´s just a little intent to put music into those beautiful and inspiring phrases, i try it as a personal way of meditation, cause i find more easy to meditate with music, i write songs once in a while so i decided to try to write down something. I must say i wasn´t sure to show this because i´m afraid it is not apropiate or just bad, one of my programs i think, but i would really apreciate to know what you think about, anyfeedbacks are welcome :) :) :) so here it is. gulp!:
http://www.mediafire.com/?myz3nwlmlwa

modedit: changed title to make topic clearer

I think you've got a really good voice Tykes and what you've produced is great. Thanks for sharing.

I have exactly the same program as you: About two weeks ago I added a vocal POTS to a musical composition found by searching for meditation tracks on Youtube. I bought one that seemed tp fit in well by Paul Collier, his website is here: _http://www.paulfromstokeuk.com/.

I haven't posted it because - probably similar feelings you had - potential embarrassment because I wasn't sure whether it was good or not.

Anyways, inspired by your efforts and use of mediafire, and without meaning to steal your thunder so to speak, here's my attempt: http://www.mediafire.com/?3kkwvetmmzy gulp gulp :)

edit: updated link to louder version :)

Pob said:
I think you've got a really good voice Tykes and what you've produced is great. Thanks for sharing.

I have exactly the same program as you: About two weeks ago I added a vocal POTS to a musical composition found by searching for meditation tracks on Youtube. I bought one that seemed tp fit in well by Paul Collier, his website is here: _http://www.paulfromstokeuk.com/.

I haven't posted it because - probably similar feelings you had - potential embarrassment because I wasn't sure whether it was good or not.

Anyways, inspired by your efforts and use of mediafire, and without meaning to steal your thunder so to speak, here's my attempt: http://www.mediafire.com/?5djnyni1coc gulp gulp :)

Thank you very much for the compliments Pob, i´m so glad to read your post and to hear your track, it is great and thrilling to know that someone else is trying similar attempts, and i must say it is hard for me to believe someone liked it :-[ but i really thank you for your kind words :)

Tykes said:
Thank you very much for the compliments Pob, i´m so glad to read your post and to hear your track, it is great and thrilling to know that someone else is trying similar attempts, and i must say it is hard for me to believe someone liked it :-[ but i really thank you for your kind words :)
You're welcome Tykes, I liked it because you do have a strong singing voice, so don't underestimate yourself. It is great fun having a go at making tracks like this, look forward to hearing more compositions from you.

It's quite incredible to see, how the inception of the fellowship has inspired so many forum members to put their creative energies to good use - FOTCM's Got Talent! :D

Wow! Such a beautiful voice and beautifully sang!!

Thanks for sharing Tykes!

Am listening to yours now, Pob. So beautiful! I'm going to save both :D

Here's my thoughts:

I think ya'll ought to get a big hug and a piggyback ride for even trying to put such a beautiful prayer to song.

I would suggest more confident projection of the voices, though, because I couldn't understand most of the words, but speaking of voices, you guys were great!

Pob, I'm a big fan of orchestral strings, and I have to admit I had a full body reaction to your music - very uplifting for me.

Thanks to both of you for sharing those! :thup:

Thank you both for posting these songs! :) I liked both versions. I think that these songs are very energizing and has the potential to be very healing.

I agree with Buddy about the vocals from Pob being a little too quiet. I would like to hear the prayer a little louder in the song. :)

Masamune said:
I agree with Buddy about the vocals from Pob being a little too quiet. I would like to hear the prayer a little louder in the song. :)
Thanks Buddy, Oxjajil and Masamune for the feedback, you're right about the quietness, - hiding a little. I've rerecorded a new version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3kkwvetmmzy (and relinked the original post to this one too)

Thank you guys, glad you liked it, i think that showing this has help me to get rid of some fears and feelings of inferiority, still remains so much insecurities, but it´s simply overwhelming to have this community to share, feedback is very important. Oxajil, i don´t know what to say, just thank you for your comments really gives me energy, thank you! :D

Hi Pob. I hardly know what to say. I don't really know if the POTS is suited for a song (and I'm probably completely wrong), but your creation (the music, sincerity, heart and 'soul') touched me deeply and is forever a part of my experience in this life. Thank you for that! :flowers:

Great job you two! Very inspiring to hear members putting the prayer to music and exercising your divine cosmic voices!

Wow, you two!

Both songs made me cry, and I've really enjoyed listening to them. Save them both to my computer and set them on "repeat." ;D

Myrddin Awyr said:
Wow, you two!

Both songs made me cry, and I've really enjoyed listening to them. Save them both to my computer and set them on "repeat." ;D

Indeed, very moving. With members creating beautiful works like this the Fellowship is on its way. I kept thinking of a gathering (a congregation) of several hundred Fellowship members singing the Prayer like this.

Well done.

Mac

Mac said:
Myrddin Awyr said:
Wow, you two!

Indeed, very moving. With members creating beautiful works like this the Fellowship is on its way. I kept thinking of a gathering (a congregation) of several hundred Fellowship members singing the Prayer like this.

Well done.

Mac

Great work you two, inspiring and moving!

A chorus? That would be definitely fabulous.

Myrddin Awyr said:
Wow, you two!

Simply Beautiful. I really enjoyed them too.

Brainwave

Back
Top Bottom