Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music

loreta said:
Aragorn said:
The other day I got inspired to write a new melody to the POTS. So, I sat down at the piano, and here's the result...

It was unfortunate that my piano at work was in pretty bad condition - you can hear some extra noise from the hammers etc. I hope to make a more professional recording of it some day. ;)

http://youtu.be/fI7arwh6MCQ

Wow, this is wonderful.

Aragorn,

I agree with loreta. Wow! The piano part and voice go well with the words. I like the way you repeated "The holiness of true existence" twice. It has a noble feel to me.

Thanks. :)

Turgon said:
Great job! Both versions sound amazing. Listening to the songs reminds me of this quote (even if it may not be in the correct context)
C's said:
Some will find their creativity expanding and thus their ability to make more direct connections as a result of the practice!

Tykes and pob/Theseus,

I agree with Turgon.
I am playing all the versions of POTS trying to catch up with the threads. I found your versions very moving. The honesty in your voices really comes through. Thank both of you. :thup:

Tykes I liked your other song too. It reminds me of some of the Beatles earlier songs in style. :)

Approaching Infinity said:
Ailén said:
Indeed! Bravo! It would be nice if one day the POTS was in all kinds of different styles and types of music, available to everyone, and if it could help people get the message while having fun. Great idea. Keep'em coming, musicians! It's great to see all the creative work that the EE program and the FOTCM has inspired so far!

Here's a POTS in my own style. It's written in odd time signatures (7/8+5/8, 7/4, and plain 7/8) but I think it flows well. Let me know what you think!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ktmmtm10zbt

Approaching Infinity,

I have been late to wake up to the importance of "Music is Good". I am trying to catch up with all the versions of POTS and here I am 6 years later finding treasures. I really like how your version flows and of course I like the guitar part (12 string?). I agree with Ailén that it would be great to have all the different versions available for the forum to access.

Thanks for sharing your "time" and talent. I really enjoyed your version! :) :thup:

Re: My Take on the Prayer of the Soul (yet another)

Desiderata said:
After I got the urge to record a song incorporating the Prayer of the Soul, I discovered that several others had already done so and beautifully, at that. I went ahead and did my own rendition since I was already set on doing it. You can add it to your Prayer of the Soul megamix. :lol: It's a quiet, ambient-ish, and meditative piece. It seems fairly redundant to do something like this, but it's already done now, and I'm since I'm starting to sound redundant myself, here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjjwdwjjkej

Give it away, spread it around, put your dog to sleep with it, do whatever you want with it. Enjoy. :)

Desiderata,

Thank you for the "speaking" version with ambient background music. It is very soooothing! :zzz: Just kidding, I like smooth jazz and some people call that "elevator" music. I have been late to wake up to the importance of "Music is Good". I am trying to catch up with all the versions of POTS and here I am 6 years later finding treasures. I am trying to thank each person that shared their version. I don't know if I really need to add another one since these are all in various styles and sound great. I counted about 8. Thanks for your version! :thup:

Merci beaucoup pour cette bien jolie mise en musique... A quand une interprétation Française ?... Y aurait-il des bonnes volonté ?...

Thank you very much for this very pretty set to music ... When a French interpretation? ... Are there good will? ...

Back
Top Bottom