Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music

mocachapeau said:
I'm afraid I am not sure how to upload my song to youtube. More specifically, I don't know how to get a video and put it together with my song. Is there a simple way to do this, or is it something that would take a long explanation?

I have some Nero movie making software, if that would help me, but how do I find a simple video or slide show and put it with my song?

Any takers for this question?

I'm not sure about Nero, but most video editing software I've used allows you to compose a slide show out of still images and then use your song for the audio. Music "videos" I've put on youtube before just consist of a single static image that lasts the duration with the song being played as the audio portion of the video. That's the lazy way to do it, but of course I don't know how complex you intended to make your music video.

Before I got Adobe Premiere, I used this video editor: http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

It's very simple and intuitive and has a trial period that you can use to make your video if you don't feel like paying for it. You just drag and drop your images, video, and audio into the program and then arrange everything along the timeline. Export your video and voila!

Desiderata said:
I'm not sure about Nero, but most video editing software I've used allows you to compose a slide show out of still images and then use your song for the audio. Music "videos" I've put on youtube before just consist of a single static image that lasts the duration with the song being played as the audio portion of the video. That's the lazy way to do it, but of course I don't know how complex you intended to make your music video.

Before I got Adobe Premiere, I used this video editor: http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

It's very simple and intuitive and has a trial period that you can use to make your video if you don't feel like paying for it. You just drag and drop your images, video, and audio into the program and then arrange everything along the timeline. Export your video and voila!

Alright, I'm on it!

Thanks Desiderata

Could one of the members with the capability of making simple videos upload the versions of those who lack the capability? If so, I give my permission to upload mine on your account! ;)

I can help.
AI, the mediafire links to your version don't work. Is it hosted somewhere, or do you need to send it to me?
Do you have an image or two you'd like to use?

Anyone else who needs help with this can let me know here on this thread.

Well it took me a while, but I think I got it happening. I'll just copy down my earlier description here:
mocachapeau said:
As a preface, I must say that my talents as a producer are not very developed, so the levels are not always properly balanced in my recordings. Also, I wanted to point out that, one of the instruments in the accompaniment is doing nothing but playing a major scale. It plays the same rhythm as the rest, but only rises one scale degree with every major chord change. That was the little harmony experiment I decided to add with Gurdjieff's octave of evolution in mind. This way, there would be a direct octave of evolution implied in the music, without any deviance from the path. Oh yeah! I also wrote it just a little bit too high for my singing range.

So, after having made all the appropriate excuses, here it is:

I also decided to throw this other tune in here as well. It is something that came about due to dealing with my issues (my past, in this case) since arriving here at SOTT.

Prayer of the Soul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDx2XH9tBw

Other song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQa61LtZnSY

I played around with a slide show for the POTS, but for the other song I just through in an image and left it there - it was getting late.

Approaching Infinity said:
Could one of the members with the capability of making simple videos upload the versions of those who lack the capability? If so, I give my permission to upload mine on your account! ;)

Excellent idea! You youtube-wizard-guys have permission to upload my version too. The link to my file was:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zorueziz0e3/pots_aragorn_1b.mp3

And cheers to all the makers of the recent versions, good job guys!

mocachapeau said:
Well it took me a while, but I think I got it happening. I'll just copy down my earlier description here:
mocachapeau said:
As a preface, I must say that my talents as a producer are not very developed, so the levels are not always properly balanced in my recordings. Also, I wanted to point out that, one of the instruments in the accompaniment is doing nothing but playing a major scale. It plays the same rhythm as the rest, but only rises one scale degree with every major chord change. That was the little harmony experiment I decided to add with Gurdjieff's octave of evolution in mind. This way, there would be a direct octave of evolution implied in the music, without any deviance from the path. Oh yeah! I also wrote it just a little bit too high for my singing range.

So, after having made all the appropriate excuses, here it is:

I also decided to throw this other tune in here as well. It is something that came about due to dealing with my issues (my past, in this case) since arriving here at SOTT.

Prayer of the Soul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDx2XH9tBw

Other song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQa61LtZnSY

I played around with a slide show for the POTS, but for the other song I just through in an image and left it there - it was getting late.

Thanks mocachapeau!

I enjoyed your work, you have talent.

It is interesting to me that people having trouble with mediafire, I have been using it ok.

What I did with your POTS version was download the flv from youtube, then I extracted the AAC file and converted it to MP3 since I tend to listen to music on an MP3 player. So I generally like when people use mediafire, actually! :)

By the way, you sing quite clearly on the Two Big Words, but nevertheless I often ask if others could post the lyrics too, if it is not too much trouble. It can be helpful for people to follow, all with different skills in English, and abilities in hearing.

Hi Breton,

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier, I only found it today. Thanks for the kind words, and here is the lyric sheet for Two Big Words.

If I was to say I'm sorry
Would you believe me now, would you receive me now, would you relieve me now?
If I could explain my folly
Would you be leery now, or even hear me now through all the years gone by?

Maybe it's all forgotten, maybe you've let it pass.
But as for me, alas, I have a heart of glass.
Whenever I'm thinking of you, sorting through the past,
I'm trying to find a peace and make it last.

Chorus
How can words that mean everything to me not mean anything to you?
I'm hoping that you'll see that what I'm saying is true.
I'm not just saying this for me, I want it to be for you, I want it to be for you.

At times I have to wonder what makes one stray so far
From who they really are, and leave so many scars.
For rarely is the intention to cause another pain,
To leave a loved one standing in the rain.

If I put aside the love songs for just a single day
Would what I'd like to say mean something anyway?
Though I don't say “I love you” I hope it's plain to see
That this is a love song after all.

Chorus
I'm not just saying this for me, I want it to be for you, I want it to be for you.

I'm sorry.
For everything I put you through.
I want to make things right, you know I do.
I'm sorry.
I want to say these words to you
Before it tears my heart and soul in two
I'm sorry.

If I was to say I'm sorry would you believe me now, or even hear me now through all the years gone by.

mocachapeau said:
Hi Breton,

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier, I only found it today. Thanks for the kind words, and here is the lyric sheet for Two Big Words.

If I was to say I'm sorry
Would you believe me now, would you receive me now, would you relieve me now?
If I could explain my folly
Would you be leery now, or even hear me now through all the years gone by?

Maybe it's all forgotten, maybe you've let it pass.
But as for me, alas, I have a heart of glass.
Whenever I'm thinking of you, sorting through the past,
I'm trying to find a peace and make it last.

Chorus

At times I have to wonder what makes one stray so far
From who they really are, and leave so many scars.
For rarely is the intention to cause another pain,
To leave a loved one standing in the rain.

If I put aside the love songs for just a single day
Would what I'd like to say mean something anyway?
Though I don't say “I love you” I hope it's plain to see
That this is a love song after all.

Chorus

I'm sorry.
For everything I put you through.
I want to make things right, you know I do.
I'm sorry.
I want to say these words to you
Before it tears my heart and soul in two
I'm sorry.

If I was to say I'm sorry would you believe me now, or even hear me now through all the years gone by.

Hey there was no hurry - I have trouble keeping up with all the things going on the forum myself!
And thanks very much for sharing these songs and lyrics!

Thank you: Tykes, Pob, Approaching Infinity, Aragorn, Desiderata, mocachapeau! Every version made by you was beautiful in its own way. I even cried a few times while listening - be it either because of the music or the voice or the words (maybe all of them in some cases :love:).
Thank you again for sharing your talent and creativity us!

I just found this post and hear all the prayers it have been wonderfull

thanks for your efforts and share this beautiful voices.

Regards

:) :clap:

Back
Top Bottom