Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music

Very nice, Desiderata. Truly relaxing.

Desiderata said:
If anyone is interested I could also be down for some collaborative work. I have a small home-recording studio of sorts and do my recording with Cubase and mastering with Fruityloops (lulz, it gets the job done). As long as we sync tempos and time signatures, it's a piece of cake to do long-range collaboration.

You've probably seen this thread(http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14843.75#lastPost) where this idea is discussed, but having a 'çentral hub' where we can send recordings to be mixed, etc. would be great and you sound interested. Care to weigh-in there?

I've been watching a friend make an album with Cubase and it is pretty impressive, quality-wise.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Having somehow missed this thread, I wanted to have a listen to all but am having trouble with mediafire.

It would be pretty cool if these various versions were all available on youtube, imo.

Maybe under a common title? POTS for example.

Since we are talking about POTS music, I just want to say that I have listened to the new official version of the Eiriu Eolas Breathing and Meditation CD. Laura's voice is very clear and concise and relaxing. It's the same, and yet different.

And the music is divine. It has been redone and now has a flute and the notes are so clear and beautiful.

What a great job to Laura and Burma Jones!!! It's funny how they just keep on getting better and better.

But really, the music is fantastic!

Thank you.

Hi Tykes, In regarding Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music this is a very nice rendition and for just two instrument's, it has a lot of feeling and grace. Well done. "Thank You". This will help me to continue to re sight the prayer daily ( as i forget at times through these ever so fast moving times) though I try and live it each and everyday.

M.A.O. said:
Hi Tykes, In regarding Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music this is a very nice rendition and for just two instrument's, it has a lot of feeling and grace. Well done. "Thank You". This will help me to continue to re sight the prayer daily ( as i forget at times through these ever so fast moving times) though I try and live it each and everyday.

Thank you very much M.A.O. for your kind words. It´s great to see this thread that Pob and I started some time ago (then Approaching Infinity and Aragorn added their own versions, have you heard them all?, if not i recommend you to do so ) is still alive with more nice contributions like Desiderata´s .

All I can say is that to try to write a melody for those beautiful and powerful words (not that needed of course) really is one the most happiest and genuine moments in my whole life, I worked on that melody and that harmony with an intensified feeling of gratefulness towards Laura and her inspiring work , very special moment for me. :)

cholas said:
Having somehow missed this thread, I wanted to have a listen to all but am having trouble with mediafire.

It would be pretty cool if these various versions were all available on youtube, imo.

Maybe under a common title? POTS for example.

I thik it´s a wonderful idea, i wanted to make a youtube video for those who can´t use or simply don´t like mediafire but honestly i have no idea how to edit. :/

I would like to add that I am very impressed with all the versions of the POTS, and everything else you have all shared here. It's really interesting to hear the different ideas that people come up with for the same words, words that have obviously inspired us all. They are all beautiful versions, each in their own way. I put it to music sometime last year, but I wasn't aware of how to share it with a site like mediafire. So I followed your lead(s) and created an account at mediafire so I could add my version to the mix.

As a preface, I must say that my talents as a producer are not very developed, so the levels are not always properly balanced in my recordings. Also, I wanted to point out that, one of the instruments in the accompaniment is doing nothing but playing a major scale. It plays the same rhythm as the rest, but only rises one scale degree with every major chord change. That was the little harmony experiment I decided to add with Gurdjieff's octave of evolution in mind. This way, there would be a direct octave of evolution implied in the music, without any deviance from the path. Oh yeah! I also wrote it just a little bit too high for my singing range.

So, after having made all the appropriate excuses, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yantmifnbyn

I also decided to throw this other tune in here as well. It is something that came about due to dealing with my issues (my past, in this case) since arriving here at SOTT.

http://www.mediafire.com/?izwuwjd3wmn

cholas said:
Very nice, Desiderata. Truly relaxing.

Desiderata said:
If anyone is interested I could also be down for some collaborative work. I have a small home-recording studio of sorts and do my recording with Cubase and mastering with Fruityloops (lulz, it gets the job done). As long as we sync tempos and time signatures, it's a piece of cake to do long-range collaboration.

You've probably seen this thread(http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14843.75#lastPost) where this idea is discussed, but having a 'çentral hub' where we can send recordings to be mixed, etc. would be great and you sound interested. Care to weigh-in there?

I've been watching a friend make an album with Cubase and it is pretty impressive, quality-wise.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I've been learning the art of recording/mixing, mostly by trial and error for about 5 years now. I wanted to record my own material and didn't have the money or the inclination to enter a professional studio, as there are a lot of shady characters and people just looking to rip you off in said business, so I decided to learn how to do it for myself. I've done some mixing and mastering for some friends' projects as well. I certainly haven't attained pro status by any means, but I'd be willing to help out anyone in need if they asked me to polish up their music. I find such work to be very satisfying.

So, yeah, if anyone wants me to mix/master anything, or just wants advice, just ask. :D

Also, I'd like to say to mocachapeau that you did a great job with your version of the POTS! You have a great voice, keep it up! We should all get together and do a new "We Are the World" video. lol

I have to get this off my chest.

I wrote my version of the POTS last year some time. When I finished it, I sent it to Laura, and told her that she could have it. Then, a couple of nights ago I was listening to the great versions that others had written and shared here, and wanted to share the one that I wrote.

So I went ahead and shared it, not thinking about the fact that it might have been inconsiderate of me to do so, since I had given it to Laura.

I sent Laura a PM telling her what I had done, and apologized for it. I guess I wanted to know if she felt I had done something thoughtless or inconsiderate, but she didn't answer my message. I wasn't sure whether that was because it's just silly of me to be worried about this, and she's so darned busy and this is just a trivial matter. Or if it was for another reason.

What I realised is that I feel it was inconsiderate to post it without asking her if that would be okay, and it was stupid of me to ask her about it after the fact, whether she feels this is a trivial matter or not, because I had intended it as a gift. I think it was my ego wanting so much to try and impress, show off, or to get others' admiration or something, that I went ahead and shared it without considering her feelings.

Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing, but I'm disappointed with myself just the same.

So, with my most sincere apologies to Laura, I am taking my version off of mediafire. Sometimes I learn things the dumb way. :-[

I just noticed the irony of the other song I shared in my first post. I wrote that song as an apology to everyone in my life that I had hurt in this or any similar way.

mocachapeau said:
I just noticed the irony of the other song I shared in my first post. I wrote that song as an apology to everyone in my life that I had hurt in this or any similar way.

Hi mocachapeau, I can't get mediafire to work either, and haven't listened to any of the versions put up only on mediafire. Could you upload yours to youtube (and everyone else as well)?

Laura is infinitely (and I mean infinitely) busy. Her lack of response is almost certainly due to that. I am (as I'm sure others are) interested in hearing your version. So, if you could upload it to youtube, that would be a big help - you haven't hurt anyone, of that I am quite certain.

So, the request to upload on youtube (or another video service) goes for all the musicians who have uploaded versions, by the way. Make it easy for us! :)

Hi Anart,

anart said:
Laura is infinitely (and I mean infinitely) busy. Her lack of response is almost certainly due to that.

I was pretty sure that was the reason, and I really wasn't expecting a response, because of that. I just wanted to do the right thing, even if it was after the fact.

I've never uploaded anything to youtube before, but I'll check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for your response.

I'm afraid I am not sure how to upload my song to youtube. More specifically, I don't know how to get a video and put it together with my song. Is there a simple way to do this, or is it something that would take a long explanation?

I have some Nero movie making software, if that would help me, but how do I find a simple video or slide show and put it with my song?

Any takers for this question?

Back
Top Bottom