My POTS version

mocachapeau

Dagobah Resident
I just noticed that other versions of the POTS on youtube have over 50 views, but mine only has 3, including me. I thought it might be because it was buried in a thread, that most people have already read, so I thought I'd post it here, in case anyone was interested in hearing it. I know it sounds a bit churchy, but I was pretty much immersed in baroque music for a long time. This is the one I said has one voice doing nothing but rising up the major scale, in order to represent a full octave of evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDx2XH9tBw

Not too shabby! Very soothing and you have a very clear and in-tune singing voice! Now I'm inspired to record a version too, although I can't really sing so I might have to find a collaborator :cool2:

With all these musicians and singers here, I'm starting to think 'choir'... eventually. And all original music! That WOULD be cool.

Yes, well done mocachapeau. If I might be critical....it was too short. ;D

Thank you.

Thank you for reposting this, mocachapeau. It's very good.

So much musical talent here on the forum.

mocachapeau,

Great job on the phrasing. The words are difficult to fit into a melody I think. You did make me feel a bit like I was in church but I think that speaks of a talent for rendering a prayer. Good job singing as well.

Thank you for posting your version. I am just sorry I am so late to even think about the music talent here on the forum. I think I have been reluctant to focus on the music because it seemed like a diversion for me but now I realize that as the Cs say "music is good". I have been thinking of trying a version of POTS myself and that's when I decided to see what has been done by others first. The idea for a choir sounds great too. If we could all just get together somewhere and make some music that would be great. :)

mocachapeau said:
With all these musicians and singers here, I'm starting to think 'choir'... eventually. And all original music! That WOULD be cool.

I hear you ! I was fantasizing about The Cassiopeans sounds like a band name! I think it could make a great tour with awsome bandmates it's just that starting band get fed up exclusively with beer and pizza ! Ya that's what the small venue gives you and if you don't like it, take your cut from tonight's show ( about 18$) and go feed yourself elsewhere ! An online collaboration can be an interesting idea too.

Esprit said:
mocachapeau said:

I hear you ! I was fantasizing about The Cassiopeans sounds like a band name! I think it could make a great tour with awsome bandmates it's just that starting band get fed up exclusively with beer and pizza ! Ya that's what the small venue gives you and if you don't like it, take your cut from tonight's show ( about 18$) and go feed yourself elsewhere ! An online collaboration can be an interesting idea too.

Instead of a "We are the World" it could be a "We are the Cassiopeians" ! We are from all over the world now anyway. Interesting idea I think. Beer and Pizza isn't very paleo or keto so maybe fry some bacon? :bacon::/ :huh:

goyacobol said:
Instead of a "We are the World" it could be a "We are the Cassiopeians" ! We are from all over the world now anyway. Interesting idea I think. Beer and Pizza isn't very paleo or keto so maybe fry some bacon? :bacon::/ :huh:

Hmmmmm...Baaaconn....AAArrghhgh !!! (Homer Simpson) :P

I'm working very hard to buy a house and re-build my studio. When that big step is behind me I'll be well installed and have more free time for collaboration. Currently it takes me almost three months to finish a song. Hopefully the house will become a source of income and sharing for everybody.

Back
Top Bottom