Global Tide Turning Against the USA

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
As we stated on last night's Sott Talk Radio show, there is growing evidence that the USA's days as the dominant world power are numbered, and indeed, that the 'Number 1' position that the USA has enjoyed for the last 100 years has been an aberration, an anomaly that has caused untold suffering on the planet and only came about through manipulation, threats, dirty tactics and aggression.

The reality of the situation is that the majority of the world's resources are found in Eurasia, and that the nations of the Eurasian landmass have been kept artificially divided and 'down' by the machinations of the US elite and their ideological kin in Western Europe. With the resurgence of Eurasian nations, primarily Russia and China, and the increasing exposure of the US economy being backed mainly by military force rather than tangible assets, the old status quo is being seen as no longer tenable, and the USA is increasingly being exposed as a failing and desperate Empire that is acting in increasingly erratic and irrational ways as it sees the writing on the wall.

Consider these few recent articles as evidence:

France lashes out against US dollar, calls for ‘rebalancing’ of world currencies

Merkel’s mad: German leader indignant over ‘serious’ US spying allegations

Bond bling? ISIS leader flaunts flashy wristwatch, sparks online mockery

When one can see behind the scenes, which is what the latest Sott radio program has helped to expose, the true nature of American/EU/Nato machinations is pretty obvious.
In fact, didn't the Cs mention, in a fairly recent session within the last year, that with the increasingly imminent approach of the Wave, there would be a violent reaction, resulting in many innocent deaths, by the old order?
Looks like, once again, they were right on the money.

I know difficult times are coming that would naturally be a result of the end of the US empire, but still what a relief it would be for the world and humanity. I know there's many terrifying aspects about a collapse, but there's a bigger picture that has potential for something new and that's pretty inspiring.

I had a funny thought while listening to the recent Sott talk radio while discussing BNP bank and France. With all the talk of de-dollarization taking place what might be an effective way of doing a mass transfer of said dollars off the books? While specific dumping on the markets might gain notice, i wonder if engaging in deals with the targeted countries of US sanctions might be another way to shift dollar holdings. Utilize the very international treaty that the US has made countries enact. Do business as one would seek in dollars, draw the US's attention and impose fines, and use said fines as a way to unload dollar holdings while setting up beneficial ties with other countries. Future dealings can be negotiated in the countries own currencies while helping to unload toxic dollar holdings. It would be rather ironic if the desire to control other countries economic activity through this dollar transaction control mechanism became the very thing that rebounded world holdings back to the US.

Bobby said:
I had a funny thought while listening to the recent Sott talk radio while discussing BNP bank and France. With all the talk of de-dollarization taking place what might be an effective way of doing a mass transfer of said dollars off the books? While specific dumping on the markets might gain notice, i wonder if engaging in deals with the targeted countries of US sanctions might be another way to shift dollar holdings. Utilize the very international treaty that the US has made countries enact. Do business as one would seek in dollars, draw the US's attention and impose fines, and use said fines as a way to unload dollar holdings while setting up beneficial ties with other countries. Future dealings can be negotiated in the countries own currencies while helping to unload toxic dollar holdings. It would be rather ironic if the desire to control other countries economic activity through this dollar transaction control mechanism became the very thing that rebounded world holdings back to the US.

IOW, pay off the fines in toxic American dollar holdings, but do business with countries using the new basket-of-currencies concept.
Brilliant! That is, if I got it right.
Did I get it right?

I will be so happy when this terrible empire will fall. I hope I will be alive to see it.
I remember when I left Quebec how I was happy to be far away from USA. Evidently this Empire is everywhere, but to be far away physically was a respite. And I hope this respite will be one thousand millions stronger when it will fall, and become ashes.

Bobby said:
I had a funny thought while listening to the recent Sott talk radio while discussing BNP bank and France.

Apparently other european banks are also under investigation:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2014/05/31/bnp-paribas-sanctions-fines-and-politics/ said:
Other European banks including Deutsche Bank, Crédit Agricole and Société Générale are still under investigation for breaking sanctions and money laundering rules.

Bobby said:
With all the talk of de-dollarization taking place what might be an effective way of doing a mass transfer of said dollars off the books? While specific dumping on the markets might gain notice, i wonder if engaging in deals with the targeted countries of US sanctions might be another way to shift dollar holdings. Utilize the very international treaty that the US has made countries enact. Do business as one would seek in dollars, draw the US's attention and impose fines, and use said fines as a way to unload dollar holdings while setting up beneficial ties with other countries. Future dealings can be negotiated in the countries own currencies while helping to unload toxic dollar holdings. It would be rather ironic if the desire to control other countries economic activity through this dollar transaction control mechanism became the very thing that rebounded world holdings back to the US.

While the dedollarization wave is growing, US authorities found nothing better than to ban BNP Paribas from trading in dollars:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bnp-paribas-8-9b-fine-includes-ban-on-u-s-dollar-trading-1.2692069 said:
BNP Paribas SA pleaded guilty in a criminal probe over breaking U.S. sanctions against rogue nations and is expected to face a penalty that includes a ban on handling certain U.S. dollar transactions for a year.

France’s largest bank also will pay an $8.9 billion US penalty, a record figure that French legislators had protested as potentially harmful to France’s banking system.

But in a partial reprieve, the bank has been granted a six-month period to prepare for the ban on dollar clearing, which could affect oil and gas trading which was once one of BNP’s biggest trading interests. The ban will take effect in 2015, according to the Financial Times.

The US psychopathic elites are so engrossed in their dollar religion that they don't realize they are digging their own grave. Soon their dollar god will only be worth feeding stoves to face the coming ice age.

Pierre said:
While the dedollarization wave is growing, US authorities found nothing better than to ban BNP Paribas from trading in dollars:

It looks like minutely coordinated "imperial rochado" strategy is unfolding... Maybe to "US authorities' pawns were promised (promises, promises) lofty positions in Hong Kong or Singapore for collapsing The Dollar... Those "Western enclaves aren't there kept for no reason... China is jet another issue since they perfected a kind of Zen slavery there altogether with pollution and devastated natural resources - spreading some supertech hype BS (railroad Baghdad - US somewhere, or something like that). Wishful thinking on their side how to spend zillions of dollars accumulated... Putin also said that he wanna make Black Sea Las Vegas out of Crimea??? Well that sounds to me like plans for mega industrialized Word which i find sooo repulsive...

And what if China is ultimately after Russian wast natural resources?

Sorry for some ranting...

It seems that most of the things that they were fighting to protect
are falling right in front of their eyes.

The petrodollar seems to be going out of business.

The prevention of integration of Russia and China is also not
working out according to their plans, since by trying to prevent it,
they're speeding up the integration.

I'm also wondering about the whole DoD crowd control research,
why would they be conducting it unless they feel they are losing control.
I can't wait if this one backfires on them.

A: Laura you will feel the effect of the Lizard beings
desperate push for total control no matter where you go. Q: (L) That is inexpressibly depressing. Do you
understand? A: Why? Change will follow. Refer to Literature “Bringers of the Dawn”. Challenge will be
ecstasy if viewed with proper perspective which is not, we repeat: not of third level reality, understand? Q:
(L) What do you mean “Challenge will be ecstasy”? What sort of challenge? A: Living through the turmoil
ahead.

This whole thing could probably be a manifestation of 4D STS in 3D.

Things are really heating up and seem to be getting out of control for the PTB. Ukraine and Iraq are just the hottest spots in a world on fire, it seems. But all the forces that were being attacked over the last decade seem to be having opportunities to damage the Empire opening up with each new desperate push to increase the chaos. It's sickening to see the ever increasing human suffering, but also intriguing to watch the Evil Empire stumble about recklessly, hurting itself increasingly and not just everyone else around the world. Hopefully, Russia, Iran, and China (among others) will be able to speed up the collapse of the Empire without increasing the destruction around the world.

Redrock12 said:
Bobby said:

IOW, pay off the fines in toxic American dollar holdings, but do business with countries using the new basket-of-currencies concept.
Brilliant! That is, if I got it right.
Did I get it right?

Yes, that was the basic idea that popped into my head. But it would seem the initial transaction would have to be in dollars with a sanctioned country in order to draw the gaze of the US to impose a fine. Trading country could be fined and dump dollars through that and the actual transaction that takes place. Country that receives payment can then use the incoming dollars and dump them through other means (either market, or setting up another deal with a sanction targeted country to create a multiplier effect from the fining of dollar transactions, ie France makes deal with Russia---9 billion in fine and 1 billion in trade deal, so 10 dollars unloaded, next Russia makes deal with Iran---puts that 1 Billion it gained to use in trades and "suffers" a fine on top to help drain out more dollars from holdings) Future trades would be geared towards the basket-of-currencies concept and help strengthen and stabilize economic ties between trading countries.

Of course, problem does arrive with what Pierre said..
Pierre said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bnp-paribas-8-9b-fine-includes-ban-on-u-s-dollar-trading-1.2692069 said:
BNP Paribas SA pleaded guilty in a criminal probe over breaking U.S. sanctions against rogue nations and is expected to face a penalty that includes a ban on handling certain U.S. dollar transactions for a year.

France’s largest bank also will pay an $8.9 billion US penalty, a record figure that French legislators had protested as potentially harmful to France’s banking system.

But in a partial reprieve, the bank has been granted a six-month period to prepare for the ban on dollar clearing, which could affect oil and gas trading which was once one of BNP’s biggest trading interests. The ban will take effect in 2015, according to the Financial Times.

The US psychopathic elites are so engrossed in their dollar religion that they don't realize they are digging their own grave. Soon their dollar god will only be worth feeding stoves to face the coming ice age.

The initial transaction can get the ball rolling, but future transactions may not be possible with bans on dollar transactions, or severely limited. A multi-front approach will probably be needed. Massive multiple transactions in dollars to unload before a ban in dollar transactions takes affect, followed by future trading in partners currencies. Another thing that came to mind while taking a smoke break is that even with a freeze in assets and dollar trading, the unwinding can probably still take place. The frozen dollar holdings may just be sitting initially, but could be written off later. The main play in this thought is through diversification away from the dollar. I believe it was mentioned about 90% of global trade takes place in dollar transactions. If bans partially or completely limit dollar transactions so be it. Present holdings will just sit. It's new transactions that will have the eroding affect. As new deals are made outside of dollar based transactions, that 90% will start to dwindle. Without countries buying up dollars to finance US debt, a breaking point will probably be reached. Question is in my mind, what percentage would that 90% have to drop to for that effect to take place?

Bobby said:
Question is in my mind, what percentage would that 90% have to drop to for that effect to take place?

In a 'perfect' market any percentage drop would lead to a lesser demand for dollar and therefore to a lowered value of dollar relative to other currencies. However the currency market, like other markets (commodities, shares, etc.), is heavily rigged so a reduced demand for dollar won't necessarily lead to a drop in value.

However rigging can only go so far and when the chasm between real value and official value is too wide a re-adjustment must happen.

Along with this 'natural' re-adjustment, there is also the role played by major investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase,etc). Some of those banks may have in mind the collapse of the dollar. They can bring any currency to its knee overnight and make billions during the crash.

Fallout from US spies uncovered in Germany:

Germany gives Berlin CIA station chief the boot

Washington Post
Thursday, 10 July 2014

The German government has asked the CIA station chief at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin to leave the country, an unusual action between allies that represents a public expression of anger over reported cases of U.S. spying in Germany.

"The representative of the U.S. intelligence services at the Embassy of the United States of America has been requested to leave Germany," government spokesman Steffen Seibert said in a statement Thursday.

Pierre said:
Bobby said:
Question is in my mind, what percentage would that 90% have to drop to for that effect to take place?

In a 'perfect' market any percentage drop would lead to a lesser demand for dollar and therefore to a lowered value of dollar relative to other currencies. However the currency market, like other markets (commodities, shares, etc.), is heavily rigged so a reduced demand for dollar won't necessarily lead to a drop in value.

However rigging can only go so far and when the chasm between real value and official value is too wide a re-adjustment must happen.

Along with this 'natural' re-adjustment, there is also the role played by major investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase,etc). Some of those banks may have in mind the collapse of the dollar. They can bring any currency to its knee overnight and make billions during the crash.

Bolded mine, that is pretty much scaring, I had been trying to understand what might mean the collapse of the dollar to common people, common people in other countries, like Mexico, apart of as the saying goes, if US get a cold, Mexico will get a Pneumonia. Found this article: THE STATE OF THE STATE: HOW MEXICO'S NEW CURRENCY CONTROL LAWS WILL BACKFIRE _http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/8/12/the-state-of-the-state-how-mexicos-new-currency-control-laws.html ... do not know much about the site, but I found the article interesting.

US not playing fair in trade: French, German industry

The United States is not playing fairly in its trade with Europe and is deliberately undermining Europe's banking system, the heads of German and French industry said in newspaper interviews Friday.

"It cannot be that America is weakening the European financial system and then buying up a bank here or there," the head of the powerful BDI industry federation Ulrich Grillo said in an interview published both in the German daily FAZ and the French newspaper Les Echos.

He called for a "clear regulation" in the banking sector and accused the US of seeking to "starve" European banks by slapping huge fines on them.

French bank BNP was recently fined nearly $9.0 billion (6.6 billion euros) for violating US sanctions against blacklisted countries including Iran and Sudan.

The US authorities are similarly investigating Germany's second-biggest bank Commerzbank on the same suspicions and the country's biggest lender Deutsche Bank has set aside billions of euros in provisions in case it is fined too.

"From a philosophical point of view, and from the point of view of the way the dollar and the euro are organised, I think there are some real questions which need to be asked, and quickly, to prevent a weakening of the European banking system," said the president of the French Medef federation, Pierre Gattaz.

But the French and German concerns are not solely about the banking system, but wider economic and trade relations as well.

Both Grillo and Gattaz said they take issue with the US tax system, which allows US companies to place money abroad without taxing it. Such a set-up enabled, for example, General Electric to build up substantial financial reserves, with which it was able to finance its bid for the energy business of French group Alstom, beating a rival bid from Siemens of Germany.

BDI chief Grillo said such a system allowed US companies to put 30-40 percent more money on the table.

"That's a very real distortion of competition and it's making life difficult for us
," Grillo complained.

He added that he hoped international tax harmonisation would be discussed at a G20 level.

_http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/140711/us-not-playing-fair-trade-french-german-industry

No wonder why Europeans are really becoming pissed off with USA!

And we also have this:

Whirlpool to buy 60 percent of Italy's Indesit for $1 bln

Whirlpool, the world's largest maker of home appliances, has agreed to pay 758 million euros ($1 billion) to buy a 60 percent stake in smaller Italian rival Indesit to further expand beyond its U.S. home market.

The deal is the latest in a string of buys by foreign players of Italian companies battling against the country's longest recession in 70 years.

The acquisition of Indesit, which is a market leader in Italy, the United Kingdom and Russia, follows Whirlpool's purchase of a majority stake in China's Hefei Rongshida Sanyo Electric Co Ltd last year for $552 million.

Family-controlled Indesit, which produces washing machines, freezers and ovens, has been searching for eight-months for a buyer that would help it reduce its dependence on Italy and compete against cheaper products from eastern Europe and China.

The U.S. company has agreed to pay 11 euros a share in cash to the members of the Merloni family who control Indesit and will launch a bid for the rest of the company which is likely to be delisted after the buyout, according to sources.

Analysts said Europe, where growth in several countries is still very weak, is unlikely to boost Whirlpool's sales near-term, but the purchase could offer cost synergies and help margins, which are lower than Indesit's in the region.

Whirlpool says it is currently the fourth-biggest player in Europe, Middle East and Africa, where it made 16 percent of its $19 billion global sales last year.

"This will ideally position us for sustainable growth in the highly competitive and increasingly global home appliance market in Europe," Jeff M. Fettig, Whirlpool's CEO said in a statement.

The offer price represents a premium of 4.5 percent to Indesit's close on Thursday. The stock rose as much as 3.5 percent on Friday on the back of the deal announcement.

FAMILY FEUD

The Merloni family began producing scales and other home appliances in the 1930s and in 1987, under the leadership of Vittorio Merloni, acquired the then bankrupt Indesit brand.

Under their ownership, Indesit expanded abroad, most notably into Russia. But it was never able to make a mark beyond Europe.

There have disagreements in the family over strategy for the company, sources close to the family have told Reuters.

The company posted a net loss in the first quarter, although it remains profitable at operating level.

The Merlonis had been exploring options for their stake since last year, while activist investor Amber has been pushing for a tie-up with a foreign investor to boost the company's scope.

Sources close to the situation told Reuters last month that Electrolux and China's Sichuan Chaghong Electric, were also interested in the Italian company.

But hours after the deal was announced, workers from the left-leaning FIOM union expressed concerns.

"It is absolutely necessary that the government ... responds immediately to a request for a meeting (with the unions) ... and acts to avoid any negative impact on plants and jobs," union leader Alessandro Pagano said in a statement.

Swedish rival Electrolux, the world's No.2 white goods maker, has plants in Italy and has been negotiating for months with workers and Rome to avoid shutting factories.

Indesit has eight industrial sites in Italy, Poland the United Kingdom, Russia and Turkey and employs 16,000 workers. The Group's main brands are Indesit, Hotpoint and Scholtes.

The combined 60.4 percent stake that Whirlpool is taking over from the Merloni family represents a 66.8 percent voting stake in the firm due to treasury shares held by Indesit.

Whirlpool said it plans to finance the deal, which it expects to close by year end, through existing cash and debt.

_http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/11/indesit-whirlpool-idUSL2N0PM03N20140711

And in this case another USA company (Whirlpool) have beaten another EU company (Electrolux) in bidding for another EU company (Indesit).

USA companies are buying EU companies left and right.

Back
Top Bottom