Total
Fat 118g
Protien 138.6g
Carbs 1.8g

Per meat ball
Fat 8.4g
Protein 9.8g
Carbs 0.1g

Just something different. Bacon keeps the meatball nice and moist. I had lean mince as per usual in the supermarket so will eat with butter.

I used 1000grams of beef mince. Added some chopped garlic, some herbs inc oregano, some salt and pepper and three egg yolks. Mixed together and divided into 14 balls. Wrapped each meatball in streaky bacon and cooked for 20-30 mins 180C.

meatballs.jpg

Attachments

• meatballs.jpg
    meatballs.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 217
Those look beautiful. Smother them in ghee...mmmm!!! Delish. Thanks for sharing your recipe. And I also like your bowl. :)

I've seen similar recipes where toothpicks were used to keep the bacon from coming off, though it seems you didn't have that problem.

Excellent idea for a snack on the go, as well as a filling meal, and such a simple recipe - thanks Mugatea, i'll have to try this!

Another easy idea is bacon wrapped chicken breasts. September 2014 Every Day Rachel Ray magazine had a version of this called BLT Chicken. I'm not at home at the moment to give the recipe but I thought maybe someone may have seen it. I'll post it in a few days. It's terrific even as leftovers cold.

Thanks for the meatball idea! I can't wait to try them!

Susan

Thanks for the recipe, mugatea. My roommate cooked bacon wrapped sausages and they were delicious. I am definitely going to try bacon with meatballs next time! ;)

beautiful thanks very much for the recipe we just had a couple with lots of butter
they were very taste i know what im having for breakfast in the morning :)

cheers

Personally, I've found that a 50/50 mix of pork and beef gives a juicier meatball. The flavour isn't too different either.
I use a very similar recipe to make lamb meatballs, but use coriander instead of oregano.

Thanks for the tip though Mugatea, next time I'm wrapping them in bacon! :)

Can Won said:
Personally, I've found that a 50/50 mix of pork and beef gives a juicier meatball. The flavour isn't too different either.
I use a very similar recipe to make lamb meatballs, but use coriander instead of oregano.

Thanks for the tip though Mugatea, next time I'm wrapping them in bacon! :)

I read this is how the Swedish do their meatballs, i think this may be even tastier, and i love coriander, so that's settled :D

Thank you for the recipe! they look so tasty, would be nice with roasted garlic or homemade tomato sauce too! :D
Giving this a try over the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom