mechanisms of possession?

H

Hildegarda

Does anyone have any ideas on the energetic mechanisms of entity attachment or possession? I am trying to understand how the Free Will principle factors in it, and how some entities appear to be able to circumvent it. What happens to the host's FRV in possession/attachment? If this has already been disussed, could someone please direct me to the appropriate topic. Thank you!

Hi - I'm not an expert in this by any means and I'm sure others will be able to elaborate on the issue, but I just wanted to mention that circumvention of free will may not be necessary. Basically, by engaging in certain activities, or opening up oneself to certain people or ideas, one may very well, at least energetically, 'invite' the attachment in. It seems that it doesn't take an engraved invitation to allow an entity to 'hitch a ride', but that doorways to that type of thing may open much more easily than we understand. FWIW

I recently finished reading a book called "Remarkable Healings" by Dr. Shakuntala Modi. She is a psychiatrist who uses hypnotherapy to release entities, restore soul fragments, etc. I have included a link to an article about the book and also an excerpt from the article.

"According to hypnotized patients, some people have firm boundaries around their energy field, or aura, as if they are heavily armored. This boundary prevents outside spirits from entering them. Other people have soft, porous, fuzzy boundaries, making it easier for the spirits to penetrate their shields and bodies. Different physical and emotional conditions, behaviors and situations can open one to psychic possession. "We are most vulnerable when ill, injured, unconscious, sedated or anesthetized," says Modi. Playing with conjuring games such as Dungeons and Dragons, using a Ouija board, engaging in automatic writing or channeling can also invite unwanted "guests."

It's scary stuff-as if we don't have plenty to deal with during birth and present-life trauma, Modi says our souls can fragment, leaving a "core" self bereft of various parts that took off during past or present life trauma or to help or stay with a deceased loved one. We can also be possessed by earth-bound spirits, or by demon entities who can plant false past-life memories within us. Even worse, they claim to implant mechanical devices that interfere with heavenly guidance and influence us negatively, as Modi's patient Josephine, who had severe bulimia, experienced. According to her, dark beings would project a food commercial through devices implanted over her mind that would cause her to think about those foods and then consume them until she would throw up.

http:(2slsh)www(dot)atlantisrising.com/issue/18/18evilspirits.html

Here are already two factors correlated to possession/attachment mecanism :

1/ Free will. And obviously it doesn't work exactly the way we think. Sometimes, an unproper ritual, an unproper pray, an unproper way of asking for help might be considered in those realms as deliberately "opening" the door.

2/ Energy/knowledge level. The lower the energy level of the individual is, the easier target he becomes.

Just to add a third factor : sexual intercourses create specific openness/closeness states that are very favourable to entities transferts.

On an energetic level, I guess that fundamentally the "attachee" is drained by the "attached", probably similar to what happen in a "natural" host/parasite dynamics.

Good thread Trinity,
this question has been buging me for a while.

What anart said to me seems right

If we accept that Vampires in different cultures are nothing but archetypal symbol for possesions and spirit attcahment than the belief that vampyre canot enter your dwellings unless you invite them starts making alot of sense.

there is also one interesting thing about the garlick. My friend who is a yoga teacher and also very knowledgable in eastern spiritual teachings ( alo heavily brain washed by New Age) claims that garlic and onions make our aural field impenetrable. Appearently this works both ways and that is why she stirrs clear from garlick and onions.

While I dont have any means to prove wether this is true or not, considering the vampyre legends it could make a lot of sense.

Amenacer, interesting quote.

I am not sure if I agree with the statement that we are most vulnerable when unconscious. It is my understanding that in such states it is our real self or higher self who should be in control.
But this issue is very confused.

My recent experiences with psychic attacs led me to believe that
1. Most of the things that anart said in her post are true

2. Awareness is the key, or as CS say - knowledge protects- and this is not just an empty phrase.

But as I said I am still confused with the issue how vaulnerable we really are when unconscious?

Axel_Dunor said:
Just to add a third factor : sexual intercourses create specific openness/closeness states that are very favourable to entities transferts.
This has been coming up alot on the threads in the Work subsection and it is very difficult to figure out mechanisms that are at work here.
My guess is again that awarenes is the key. What we call entities or spiritual attachments are in most of the cases fragments of energy of one's unbalanced family field.
Psychological work called Family Constelations or Order of Love might be helpfull in sheding some light on this subject.
http://www.hellinger.com/international/english/hellinger_lectures_articles/how_love_works.shtml
Hellinger said:
This bonding is not the same as love. It sometimes happens that the bond is very deep, even though there is little love, or that there is great love and little bonding. Bonding is created by the physical act of sex. For this reason, it very often occurs with incest and rape. If a victim of rape or incest later hopes to bond deeply, he or she must deal with the first bond in a good way. The negative effect of the first bond softens when it is acknowledged and the first partner, although perhaps a rapist, is given due respect. When the first bond is hated and treated as something vile, it impinges on the ability to bond again later in better circumstances.

This also seems very interesting:

Hellinger said:
The bond by sex

I may say something about these bonds. If there is sexual intercourse between an adult couple and it is without any reservation, a bond is established between the two. I used the term reservation to include many things, I don't want to be too specific. This bond lasts for life, after that they cannot part as if there hadn't been anything. The depth of the bond can be seen when there is a separation. After such a bond, they can't separate easily. They can only separate with pain and feelings of guilt. If they do separate and meet another partner and they have sexual intercourse, there is also a bond established. But it is less intense than the first one. When they separate, the pain and the feelings of guilt are less. After the third one even lesser. And so on. After some time they are unable to establish a stable partnership, they remain single. This may serve a special purpose in view of the evolution, perhaps. There is no judgement on my part on that.

With regard to incest, sexual abuse and rape, we must know that also a bond is established. But I go first back to the couple relationship. If there has been a relationship and it has been broken and they have another relationship, the former partner will be represented in the later relationship by a child. unless the separation has been one with love. Then a second relationship may succeed. The same applies now to incest, abuse and rape. Unless this bond is acknowledged and there is a separation with respect and love, later relationships are difficult.

With regard to rape, this may seem very strange. But family constellations show a different picture. There was once a woman who set up her family. She said she had sexual difficulties. I said, I didn't want to deal with this in public. But when she set up her family, I asked her, "Was there something special?" She said, "I was raped six times." So I selected six men and put them there side by side. Then the representative of that woman stood in front of each of them and bowed, with some very deep, with others less deep. At the end, she placed herself at the side of the last one. And she said, "This is my place." Very strange! It goes against our moral thinking. But the family constellations show a different picture.

Now about incest. If you are confronted with cases of incest, a very common dynamic is that the wife withdraws from her husband, she refuses a sexual relationship. Then, as a kind of compensation, a daughter takes her place. This is an unconscious movement, not a conscious one. But you see, with incest there are two perpetrators, one in the background and one in the open. You cannot resolve that unless this hidden perpetrator is brought in.
There are very strange sentences that come to light. The daughter can tell her mother, "I do it for you." And she can tell her father, "I do it for mother." What is the effect of these sentences? Incest cannot go on anymore. If you want to stop it, this is the best way without any accusations.

If you bring a perpetrator to justice, then the victim will atone for what is done to the perpetrator. I give an example. In a group, a social worker reported a case of abuse and incest, and he said he would bring the perpetrators to court. I warned him that this might be very dangerous for the girl. But he felt right and he brought them to court. When I met him after some time, I asked him how the girl was doing. He said, "She always wants to jump out of the window." This is the result of this righteous action

There is also the energetic bond of "believing a lie."

I think the main issue of susceptibility might be not having a fully functional "I" or "master" in the carriage. The esoteric Christianity of Gurdjieff and Mouravieff suggests that inside most human beings, there is no single or even "strongest" presence. This would certainly leave a person quite vulnerable, I think. And for those that have read Martha Stout's "The Myth of Sanity," once you see how common it is for people to dissociate, then in any moment of dissociation, one might be vulnerable.

I don't think that sleep can be counted as being dissociated nor can unconsciousness. In either of these two states, if there exists a significant fusion of the "I" within, it is defensive at all times by virtue of its frequency, I would think.

Which makes me think that FRV is the important factor, and a strong FRV is the defense mechanism and a weak FRV is the susceptibility factor.

Someone with a strong FRV can do any of the forbidden things without fear of "contamination," while a person with a weak FRV can avoid all of the "forbidden" things and still get "caught."

Laura said:
I don't think that sleep can be counted as being dissociated nor can unconsciousness. In either of these two states, if there exists a significant fusion of the "I" within, it is defensive at all times by virtue of its frequency, I would think.
To me this makes a lot of sense.

freetrinity said:
Does anyone have any ideas on the energetic mechanisms of entity attachment or possession? I am trying to understand how the Free Will principle factors in it, and how some entities appear to be able to circumvent it. What happens to the host's FRV in possession/attachment? If this has already been disussed, could someone please direct me to the appropriate topic. Thank you!
There is a passage in the book "Hostage to the Devil" of author Malachi Martin, that made me really think with a hammer. Obviously, this is part of an exorcism and it may sound super-exaggerated if you haven't read the context in which it was brought. But it made me think about more "subtle ways" of possession, for example: the predator mind or even "entity attachment or possession". What happens in the book is that a priest is doing an exorcism to a guy named Carl. And the demon (named Tortoise) says that he possessed Carl because he asked for it. The demon explains that there are no words for this understanding of "wanting to be possessed", that it is rather a "thought". Here is what the priest realizes:
His chief feeling is one of horror: horror at what he sees happening, horror at his own imprisonment in his mind. The "thought" is now clear to him in a way he never dreamed: he sees it concretely in his four assistants and in Carl. They are completely at ease; their only emotion is wonder that Hearty (the priest) is not at ease. He wants to scream at them, to shout: "Watch out! Watch out! They have played on your desire for normal behaviour. They are making it all normal for you." But he cannot open his mouth or produce a sound.

As his helplessness grows, he sees more and more clearly what is happening. No one wants to believe in evil, really, above all, not in an evil being, an evil spirit. Everyone wants to abolish the idea. To admit the existence of evil means a responsibility, and no one wants that responsibility. That is the opening through which Tortoise crawls, stilling all suspicions, making everything seem normal and natural. This is the "thought", the unwariness of the ordinary human being which amounts to a disinclination to believe in evil. And, if you do not believe in evil, how can you believe in or ever know what good is?
Relating this passage to the Work, one may ask, "if you don't know what evil/lies is, how can you know what good/true is in yourself"? I guess it may be related to the "energetic bond of believing a lie" that Laura says.

Anyway, I don't know if you had read the book, but it may give you a wider understanding because it explains 5 cases of possession and how a "twist" in the mind/thinking was the susceptibility for possession.

Thank you everyone for your thought-provoking responses. What got me thinking about the issue was a conversation with a self-proclaimed wiccan. From it, I got a whole new appreciation why practicing wicca may carry increased risk of attachments and possession. And it is NOT necesairily due to all the majick and rituals. According to that person, wiccans believe in palingenesis, a birth and rebirth cycle in recurring phases, or, more precisely,

The transmission of an identic life in cyclical, recurring phases. (i.e.; From an oak tree, to its seed or acorn, to a new oak tree.) It signifies the continuous transmission of an identic life, producing at each transformation a new manifestation or result, these several results being in each case a new becoming of the same life-stream. This is quite different from transmigration.
This belief is intimately connected with their understanding of what human soul is. Wiccans don't believe that human soul is whole, unseparable, unchanging and eternal. Instead, they think it is composed of a bunch of rather independent entities, or daimons (an old greek world for living principle in a physycal body that contains it). When a person dies, these daimons can fly apart -- or not, if they got used to on another already; in any case, when a person is reborn, he or she isn't necessarily the same as he/she was in previous life.

What it means is that not only they are habitually dissociated and have made the situation when a person doesn't have a single or strongest 'I' a legitimate and even desireable state of affairs, but that they basicaly welcome anything else to come and join right in, the more the merrier.

So it is, on some subconcious level, like opening a dor to a vampire, even without openly renouncing your Free Will. Doesn't help that they pooh-pooh the objective existence of Evil, too, according to the person I spoke to. If someone has experience with Wicca, I'll appreciate your comment on this. It could be just a world view of this particular person, but he did cite stuff too.

I will keep working on understanding the FRV implications, you guys all gave good pointers. Thanks again.

freetrinity said:
Thank you everyone for your thought-provoking responses.
Yes indeed. And also, it IS an interesting thread for what I have experienced.

Maybe it is best to go step by step. I have the impression, also from some personal experiences, that this is a vast topic.

Deckard said:
there is also one interesting thing about the garlick. My friend who is a yoga teacher and also very knowledgable in eastern spiritual teachings ( alo heavily brain washed by New Age) claims that garlic and onions make our aural field impenetrable. Appearently this works both ways and that is why she stirrs clear from garlick and onions.

While I dont have any means to prove wether this is true or not, considering the vampyre legends it could make a lot of sense.
I remember the C's advised to use small amounts of garlic with some acetic acid in an attempt to cure oneself from fluoride poisoning.
So at least here is some relation with the vampire legends.

What exactly do you mean when you say that garlic (and onion) is working both ways in making our aural field impenetrable, and that this is the reason why your friend stays away from it? Is it because she no longer is able to "send out" ? (more like a literal interpretation). Or do you intend to point to something like becoming impenetrable for "good" influences ?

Deckard said:
I am not sure if I agree with the statement that we are most vulnerable when unconscious. It is my understanding that in such states it is our real self or higher self who should be in control.
But this issue is very confused.
No it is NOT I think. Even during sleep one can remain aware about the consciousness(es). Thing is that when we awaken there's such a big jump to another state of consciousness that many (myself included) usually forget the previous state. I don't think that such demonstrates that one has been UNconscious during sleep. I think we do have problems though to build a bridge that allows to integrate the memories build up by our awareness that is active during sleep and a little later, that is active while "awake".

"Here is another interesting excerpt from the book Remarkable Healings" by Dr. Shakuntala Modi, I mentioned earlier in this post. She talks about past lives, earthbound entities, fragmented soul parts, etc in the book. In this particular quote, she is just referring to "dark spirits"

"Over the years, my patients have reported different types of influences and interferences by dark spirits. Every time, however, according to patients, Light beings were there to help and provide us with different techniques to counteract these demonic interferences. Regardless of their different culturesk religions, and beliefs, patients reported similar information consistently. So far, different techniques provided by the angels of the Light throughout this book were able to counteract about 99% of demonic attacks andi nfluences. According to the angels, in the remaining 1 percent of the cases, two other types of methods are used....
"One attack is launched through the spiritual dimensions in which demons and angels travel freely. This has the effect of bypassing the shield around the patient. In spite of the shield being intact and in place, demons can enter a person's body through other dimensions(densities??) According to the light beings, they do so from certain spots between those dimensions; they cannot do so from just anywhere. Demons can also shove devices from those dimensions to this dimension and have them appear in us. These other dimensions ....have vibrations similar to our universe, but are just a little bit different.
"Another way the demons can attack from a distance, according to the angels, is by simply focusing their thoughts and intents on our thoughts and intents to interfere with them. According to the angels, our intents and thoughts cannot be shielded. They must be protected through different means. The primary way to block the attacks on our thoughts and intents is by focusing on a single objective, as in meditation. People in the highest stage of meditation are absolutely immune to demonic attacks because they literally become a part of the Light.
"Angels suggested another way to ward off the attacks on our thoughts and intents is by having an intent not to give in to the attacks, not to be possessed or influenced, and to completely reject the works of Satan, and all human beings under Satan's influence and accept the works of God. We can also dedicate our life to God and God's pupose and to the purposes we set up in heaven before we came on earth. When people dedicate their life to God and God's purposes, there is usually constant communication back and forth from God to the person, therefore, the person is always in the Light."

I was thinking that the (intent, dedication, meditation of a single objective) she speaks of might be related or similar to gaining knowledge/truth, or work on fusing the "I". She speaks a lot about humans having an aura/energy field around them, some are firm and some are soft or fuzzy. I was wondering if this is the same thing or similar to FRV?

Back
Top Bottom