2 movies about trucks (if you like trucks, like me)

This is an Australian video, I couldn't find good ones from the USA that captured our outings:

Yeah! That's the stuff like what we used to do.. Here's me and my sister, with the Landcruiser we had, in 1988 or so.. Toyotas are/were by far the most common 4wd here, because they're kinda indestructible, though I do see a lot more Jeeps around these days.

IMG_20220225_110949.jpg

I don't know about actual trucks & truckers but there definitely is the code of the bush, where people will stop and help anyone who's broken down etc.. I remember being woken up in the middle of the night by dad, because he got a call on the CB that someone was bogged in a paperbark swamp out in the bush somewhere, so we all went for a few hours drive to go pull them out. He told me about the CB radio culture when he was growing up, it sounded quite similar to the internet chat rooms of my own youth! Haha... Must admit it makes me feel a bit pathetic that, people like my dad can pretty much figure out & fix anything with cars, but I hardly know anything about em. I'm like that with computers... it's what we grew up with I guess... But pretty sure the mechanics knowledge will be a lot more useful in the future :)

My favourite place we used to go 4wd-ing to was 'The Lost City'... weird rock formations.. there were fossilised ancient crustacean-looking shells etc in the rocks.. Really captured my imagination as a kid..

12823-1024x625-landscape.jpg
photo2jpg.jpg

And here's a random video of someone driving through water down the track a bit from there.. Whee!

Thanks for the fun thread :) Very nostalgic for me...

There are two good movies to see for those who like stories where a truck is the star. It's about the same story but with two different versions, one French, a classic, "Le salaire de la peur", by Henri-Georges Clouzot with Yves Montand; the other version is an American one, very good, even excellent with Roy Scheider, the one who plays the policeman in the film JAWS. But with other good actors also, Bruno Cremer, Francisco Rabal (a Spanish actor of first category). The movie is Sorcerer by William Friedkin. Friedkin did others good movies: To Live and Die in LA, The Exorcist, French Connection… So, a good craftsman.

In the movie we see real men, and real dangerous situation. I prefer the American movie, specially because the music is from Tangerine Dream.

It is the perfect moment to look movies where trucks are movie stars!
I hadn't seen either of the two versions, but minutes ago I finished to seeing the french version from 1953 with Yves Montand, and the only thing I can say is; extraordinary movie.

You say that the american version has Tangerine Dream as a soundtrack? wow can't wait to see it then.

Back
Top Bottom