30 to 50+ "satellites (?)" I saw less than an hour ago

"So these must be the Starlink satellites". But after a while, one of them started to move faster and approached the one before it. They moved together for a few seconds and then returned to the previous formation. Are these satellites able to change speed and position?
Your descriptions utterly fits my observation from last night apart from that I saw some lights coming from opposite direction and some from the side. 2 made sidestep manoveurs. It really looked like this star-link satellites but with a couple of slips.
Now we have all those satellites circling the globe and what a perfect tool to hide any suspicious movement of these, as he called them, cosmic joker. Before it was venus, then spoutnik and now starlink etc..
This would just fit their psychology. And why not? It's so crowded up there, would be too bad not to use the traffic pollution. First they plastered the planet with an enormous army of cell towers and now, thanks to Mr. Musk, they've plastered the sky with an add-on of low flying satellites that are easily seen.
I also thought that with this much visible traffic we can get used to a certain spectacle in the sky. Once we get used to our alertness will be reduced and or/dulled.

I work at night outside and saw them now three times since end of February. They indeed change speed (sometimes some approach the one before in the line slightly, then falling back again). There is also sometime one outside the line next to another, or a even three like a triangle.

That's exactly my thought. About 2 hours ago I was looking at the night sky and I saw about a dozen lights moving in NE direction. First, there were two of them, and after a pause of about half a minute about ten more. My first thought was - "So these must be the Starlink satellites". But after a while, one of them started to move faster and approached the one before it. They moved together for a few seconds and then returned to the previous formation. Are these satellites able to change speed and position? If not maybe it was a craft using the satellites as a cover? Or maybe those were not satellites at all? And btw, there was also a nice meteor visible during the satellite's passage.

On May 2nd, 2020, and guess this was what was being observed (although more than a week later), was a string (and how many others were missed I'm not sure) of nine objects of equal distance with the exact same trajectory moving from east to west. There was an 8 second or so distance delay between them.

First time seeing something like this, and it was very surreal, thus it did not leave a real warm and fuzzy feeling for what now occupies our upper atmosphere. Boy they have been busy up there.

Back
Top Bottom