49 victims in shootings at 2 New Zealand mosques

There is an interesting discussion going on about the idea of banning such violently horrible videos.

I only watched the parts of the video where no shooting was going on and I'm not planning to watch any of the cruel stuff. What I saw was already way to sick anyway. I first planned not to watch any of it since I'm repulsed by it. It kind of seems to me that with such videos something is being slowly done to peoples heads/souls who don't have a firm grasp on reality, truth and most importantly Ponerology.

Something has been long in the making that I can only describe as numbing down of conscience and the lowering of the limit of tolerance toward violent/psychopathic content, thanks mainly to Media in the form of Television, Movies, News and lately the Internet and all its dark places one can be suspected to. The whole thing reminds me of the recent discussion here about Facebook and the internet per se and what it does to people who don't pay strict attention.

What kind of an effect do videos like this have on normal everyday people nowadays and especially on young generations? Has something changed in that regard? How do people react and what would be the normal human response toward such graphically violent content? How do they cope with such material?

I had a interesting discussion today with a young fellow who is in his late teens. Young people seem to share the video as though it is something not at all out of the ordinary. Kind of a everyday thing. When I asked him something like "Why do you watch and share it with your friends in such a casual manner?" he said "I don't know". When I asked "what if the people the guy was shooting were people you know, like family members, brother or mother or something like that, would you still watch it?". He said something like "Well, I don't know, I just can't imagine anything like that". What became clear to me during that discussion was that he was sort of fascinated with what happened in a Naive way. In the way people are fascinated with dark characters in movies. He showed me pictures and videos from their Internet discussion app with his friends from the shooting and from the weapons in a sort of "fascinated by evil" kind of way and made remarks about shooter games and how much the video looked like one and I sort of got the impression that there is also a bit of admiration there and thinking "it is a cool thing" to watch and share such stuff. I think the Migrant crises and "the evil Muslims" play into it as well.

Sounds strange doesn't it? Well, I think for many people, especially in younger generations, it just isn't anything repulsive anymore and just another step towards embracing evil. I can only imagine how even younger generations now handle this situation who lets say are in their early tens or younger. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

On the national news last night, they made a big deal in interviewing lots of people involved as first responders - para-medics, hospital emergency department staff, surgeons from the surgical teams, construction workers who got to the shooting site and helped the dying. They were IMO clearly indicating that a whole lot of local people had been involved in helping the dead and injured, real people who were in most cases just cut up by the whole affair and their involvement.

Now you don't have to be a rocket scientist to have noticed that lots of people on the internet are going fully monty on the "staged event with actors" scenario. For my money, they are laying groundwork that will enable them to discard all theories of a false flag event by showing the locals who were deeply involved in the incident and demonstrating that the staged event narrative is nonsense. And of course the false flag narrative gets swept up and discarded along with the clearly nonsensical "crisis actors" story. I guess that is one reason there is now such a proliferation of "crisis actors" articles on the Internet, to provide the method to disparage ALL theorise of this being anything but a real attack.

At the same time, they are spinning the police narrative some more. First they are now claiming that it was 26 minutes after the first 111 call that the shooter was arrested, not 36 minutes and second that the shooter was on his way to a third target, (they know where it was but won't release it because it might traumatise more people). They are also claiming that armed police arrived at the first mosque within 5 minutes of the first 111 call. Which seems awfully tight for the shooter to have killed 41 people and them driven to mosque number two, all before the police arrived.

Turkey's Erdogan is using clips from the banned video - at his Political rallies - for the March 31 local elections.

President Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday called on New Zealand to restore the death penalty for the gunman who killed 50 people at two Christchurch mosques, warning that Turkey would make the attacker pay for his act if New Zealand did not.

March 18, 2019 - Turkey's Erdogan calls on New Zealand to restore death penalty over shooting
FILE PHOTO: Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan addresses his supporters during a rally for the upcoming local elections, in Istanbul, Turkey March 12, 2019. REUTERS/Murad Sezer

FILE PHOTO: Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan addresses his supporters during a rally for the upcoming local elections, in Istanbul, Turkey March 12, 2019. REUTERS/Murad Sezer

“You heinously killed 50 of our siblings. You will pay for this. If New Zealand doesn’t make you, we know how to make you pay one way or another,” Erdogan told an election rally of thousands in northern Turkey. He did not elaborate.

He said Turkey was wrong to have abolished the death penalty 15 years ago, and added that New Zealand should make legal arrangements so that the Christchurch gunman could face capital punishment.

“If the New Zealand parliament doesn’t make this decision I will continue to argue this with them constantly. The necessary action needs to be taken,” he said.

Erdogan is seeking to drum up support for his Islamist-rooted AK Party in March 31 local elections. At weekend election rallies he showed video footage of the shootings which the gunman had broadcast on Facebook, as well as extracts from a “manifesto” posted by the attacker and later taken down.

That earned a rebuke from New Zealand Foreign Minister Winston Peters, who said he told Turkey’s foreign minister and vice president that showing the video could endanger New Zealanders abroad.

Despite Peters’ intervention, an extract from the manifesto was flashed up on a screen at Erdogan’s rally again on Tuesday, as well as brief footage of the gunman entering one of the mosques and shooting as he approached the door.

Erdogan has said the gunman issued threats against Turkey and the president himself, and wanted to drive Turks from Turkey’s northwestern, European region. Majority Muslim Turkey’s largest city, Istanbul, is split between an Asian part east of the Bosphorus, and a European half to the west.

Erdogan’s AK Party, which has dominated Turkish politics for more than 16 years, is battling for votes as the economy tips into recession after years of strong growth. Erdogan has cast the local elections as a “matter of survival” in the face of threats including Kurdish militants, Islamophobia and incidents such as the New Zealand shootings.

A senior Turkish security source said Tarrant entered Turkey twice in 2016 - for a week in March and for more than a month in September. Turkish authorities have begun investigating everything from hotel records to camera footage to try to ascertain the reason for his visits, the source said.

NZ foreign minister headed to Turkey to 'confront' Erdogan's mosque shooting comments
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern meets representatives of the Muslim community at Canterbury refugee centre in Christchurch, New Zealand March 16, 2019.   New Zealand Prime Minister's Office/Handout via REUTERS.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Wednesday Foreign Minister Winston Peters will travel to Turkey to "confront" comments made by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on the killing of 50 people at mosques in Christchurch.

Haka ring out as New Zealand deals with trauma of shootings
FILE PHOTO: Members of a New Zealand biker gang perform the Haka to honour the victims of the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, March 17, 2019. REUTERS/Joseph Campbell/File Photo

Members of rival New Zealand gangs gathered in unity on Wednesday to slap their thighs, thump their chests and stick out their tongues in a traditional Maori haka to commemorate the victims of last week's mass shootings in Christchurch.

NZ bans types of semi-automatic weapons, high capacity magazines after mass shooting
FILE PHOTO: Firearms are displayed at Gun City gunshop in Christchurch, New Zealand, March 19, 2019. REUTERS/Jorge Silva/File Photo

New Zealand will ban military style semi-automatic and assault rifles under tough new gun laws following the killing of 50 people in the country's worst mass shooting, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday.

Bullet-riddled New Zealand mosque to reopen for Friday prayers; more victims buried

The bullet-riddled Al Noor mosque in Christchurch was being repaired, painted and cleaned ahead of Friday prayers, as grieving families buried more victims of New Zealand's worst mass shooting.

On the national news last night, they made a big deal in interviewing lots of people involved as first responders - para-medics, hospital emergency department staff, surgeons from the surgical teams, construction workers who got to the shooting site and helped the dying. They were IMO clearly indicating that a whole lot of local people had been involved in helping the dead and injured, real people who were in most cases just cut up by the whole affair and their involvement.

Now you don't have to be a rocket scientist to have noticed that lots of people on the internet are going fully monty on the "staged event with actors" scenario. For my money, they are laying groundwork that will enable them to discard all theories of a false flag event by showing the locals who were deeply involved in the incident and demonstrating that the staged event narrative is nonsense. And of course the false flag narrative gets swept up and discarded along with the clearly nonsensical "crisis actors" story. I guess that is one reason there is now such a proliferation of "crisis actors" articles on the Internet, to provide the method to disparage ALL theorise of this being anything but a real attack.

At the same time, they are spinning the police narrative some more. First they are now claiming that it was 26 minutes after the first 111 call that the shooter was arrested, not 36 minutes and second that the shooter was on his way to a third target, (they know where it was but won't release it because it might traumatise more people). They are also claiming that armed police arrived at the first mosque within 5 minutes of the first 111 call. Which seems awfully tight for the shooter to have killed 41 people and them driven to mosque number two, all before the police arrived.

flashgordonv,

I think you are right on with those observations. And of course the (low res of course) videos are for some reason banned. Maybe because they do the same thing over and over. The Las Vegas shooting was done the same way by confiscating any cell phone video which could reveal a multiple attacker situation. Joe's and Niall's (Joe Quinn and Niall Bradley ) book Manufactured Terror was such a revelation to what to look for I would recommend it highly. But of course it has been banned from Amazon now. :headbash:

Last edited:
I didn't mean to say it's not true, I know it's real, I just wanted to understand why he showed his gun when he fired.

Thank you for the explanation.
My understanding from watching TV/films is that moving slowly or firing, the gun will be held to the shoulder (so close to the helmet camera), and if the person wants to move quickly they will tend to hold the gun closer to them (not visible on the helmet camera).

One example (you can see one of them hold the gun up near the beginning on their camera whilst aiming/firing)

Thanks Ryan. The place where the video was taken, though, does look exactly like the highschool if you compare on Google Street View, so presumably it was taken there but at some other time. Or someone bothered to insert the images of the two guys with guns in front of the school. It does look suspicious that the video is just a couple of seconds long and no context is presented.

Trawling through Twitter over the last few days to write this update on the Christchurch terror attack, I encountered many tweets from media outlets, New Zealand authorities and regular users with the date '14 March 2019', along with random timestamps for breaking news we know happened mid-afternoon on Friday 15th in New Zealand.

I think it's something to do with time zone settings of both the account making the tweets, and the one reading them.

So that is a video showing heavily-armed gunmen entering Papanui High school that day. Whether they were 'supposed' to be there or not, is another question.

At the beginning in the video, before Tarrant goes out the first time from the car, there is a significant portion in the video where the sound appears to have been turned off completely and/or erased later. You hear absolutely nothing. How and why? It starts at around 03:06. You even see Tarrant saying something with his mouth, but the sound is gone. If someone was sitting with him in the car, that person must have been behind him in the backseat, since at one portion you see him turning to the left side inside the car and the passenger seat was laying flat on the backseat. Also at 03:06 he turns back the camera, showing his face and nobody appears to be sitting in the backseat behind him. He is saying something right before that point, which isn't understandable. If somebody was sitting behind him, maybe that person crouched down at the point Tarrant turned the camera to his face (so that he can't be seen) and they then had a short conversation?

Interesting. The version I saw had that too: muted sound for a half minute, from 03:07 to 03:37, right as he pulls into the side of the road south of the mosque and... waits for a signal to go?

Does the sound seem to others to be turned down over a second or two, rather than just abruptly cut out? Same when it comes back 30 seconds later?

I suppose that, because the loss of sound coincides with him removing his headgear to show us his face, so it could just have resulted from him accidentally knocking the mic on his GoPro or something. However, he's motionless when the sound returns, so he doesn't seem to have noticed it was missing then made adjustments...

Then there's this:

Khaled Al-Nobani described the chaotic bloody scenes inside the Al Noor Mosque as a man entered with two rifles, one a "pump action", and "started shooting everyone". [...]

Al-Nobani said the gunman had been "talking bad words, and played music, and called some friends as well" as he opened fire on the mosque's members.

We don't see/hear him do that. I doubt that video was 'live', though it may have been made to appear that it was, perhaps by 'streaming' a pre-edited video.

Last edited:

What I'm reading here is that they're now saying he was arrested 21 minutes after the first emergency call.

"I have now been made aware that, while we had the offender in custody at the Justice Precinct within 36 minutes, it in fact only took 21 minutes from the first 111 call for the offender to be apprehended at the roadside by the two officers. Within 10 minutes, the armed offenders squad were on the scene ready to respond. Within 21 minutes, the person that is now in custody was arrested. 21 minutes from when we were first notified," Mr Bush said.

Earlier reports had stated police arrested Tarrant 36 minutes after first being notified of the shootings.

"I have previously said the offender was in our custody within 36 minutes," Mr Bush said.

If they're sticking to their earlier statement that they received the first emergency call at 1:41pm, one minute after Tarrant began opening fire at Al Noor, then there's no way he could do both mosques in 22 minutes.

What I'm reading here is that they're now saying he was arrested 21 minutes after the first emergency call.

If they're sticking to their earlier statement that they received the first emergency call at 1:41pm, one minute after Tarrant began opening fire at Al Noor, then there's no way he could do both mosques in 22 minutes.

Actually, it is doable to cover that distance - and stop to attack the Linwood mosque (for 4 mins, max.) - in 22 mins. But it's very tight.

Interesting. The version I saw had that too: muted sound for a half minute, from 03:07 to 03:37, right as he pulls into the side of the road south of the mosque and... waits for a signal to go?

Does the sound seem to others to be turned down over a second or two, rather than just abruptly cut out? Same when it comes back 30 seconds later?

The video I found has no dropouts in the sound - volume stays the same level through all those bit, and you can hear rustling sounds in the mic as he's adjusting the helmet. He says something like, "Just doublecheck my angle [looks into helmet camera] - now that's it - [I'll just wait here?] for a couple minutes." Then after a couple minutes, "OK, time's up."

We don't see/hear him do that. I doubt that video was 'live', though it may have been made to appear that it was, perhaps by 'streaming' a pre-edited video.
As far as I can tell it WAS broadcast live, on live4 and facebook simultaneously. Tarrant announced it beforehand on 4Chan:

And several 4Chan people watched it live before news that the attack was going on, and downloaded the video from his facebook page before it got taken down (link was https://www.facebook com/brenton.tarrant.9/videos/2350426065176752/). A screenshot from his page:

I don't see any way for him or anyone else to have created the video and then streamed a pre-edited video all in the time before there was news he was actually arrested.

As for the discrepancy between the witness and the video, that's pretty par for the course with eyewitness testimony. People can often remember things WAY differently than they actually happened and confabulate all sorts of things.

Back
Top Bottom