50m asteroid passing Earth today/tonight

j0da

Jedi Council Member
Seeing this boy, asteroid 2007 GU1, on my north-eastern sky gives me shivers. If anyone wants to see how ominous it looks like, passing only 500,000 miles away (at closest approach) - go outside and take a look. One big bright son-of-a-rock...

Info: www.spaceweather.com

Java orbit simulation: http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/db?name=2007%20GU1

Thanks for the links, j0da, it really looks ominous.

And to expand further that things are really starting to be ominous, Laura recently posted this on a different thread (http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4836&p=1)

Cs session said:
1 April 07
[...]
Q: (Joe) What was the boom that shook the shutters on the afternoon of the
25th of January this year? There was a boom when we were sitting in the
office...(Scott) Oh yeah, that crazy boom! (Joe) It was a clear....a pretty
clear day and there was nothing outside and there was a boom....

A: Overhead explosion, meteorite.

Q: (Scott) Sweeet! We almost got wiped out! (A***) Excellent! *laughter*
(Ark) What did they say? What was it? (Joe) An overhead explosion.
(A****) A meteorite. (Joe): Happens all the time...*more laughter*)

A: It was quite small.

Q: (Laura) That just tells you how much power they can have.....(Joe) It
was a little pebble...it went pooft! (Laura) Kinda like e=mc sqared, huh?
(Henry) There are more and more reports now in the press of these things.
What percentage of the actual meteorite impacts or arrivals are actually
getting reported?

A: 11 percent.

Q: (Scott) Well, I guess that´s raindrops then.... (J****) Is one of these
meteorites gonna hit Bush? (*laughter*)

A: Funny you ask...(*more laughter*)
and this recent article on the Signs page:

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/articles/show/130324-Another+unexplained+boom+-+Florida
Another unexplained boom Florida 11 Apr 2007

The explosion was heard miles away.

At Pineda Crossing, near the Suntree subdivision, John Panik said he was having trouble sleeping, got out of bed and turned on the television just before 3 a.m.

"I was sitting there and suddenly there was a loud boom," Panik said. "It shook the windows - not like a big rattle, but a little one. I thought, 'That's not normal.'"
and to refresh our memory

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1346411.ece
Record meteorite hit Norway 09 Jun 2006

As Wednesday morning dawned, northern Norway was hit with an impact comparable to the atomic bomb used on Hiroshima.
There's no question of a major increase in meteorite activity, as tracked in the articles on SOTT. If we consider the percentage of reported cases given by the Cs then the question is should we really start to 'panik'?

And here's another:

ASTEROID 2007 HA: Newly discovered asteroid 2007 HA is flying past Earth about 2.5 million kilometers away. It's big (300 meters wide), bright (13th magnitude), and an easy target for large backyard telescopes. Last night, Greg Selleck of Madison, Wisconsin, made this 75-minute movie (1.8 MB mpeg) of the space rock racing 47,000 mph through the constellation Virgo. Tonight the asteroid streaks across the Big Dipper. [ephemeris] [3D orbit]
_http://spaceweather.com/

movie: _http://spaceweather.com/swpod2007/17apr07/sellek2.mpg

rylek said:
There's no question of a major increase in meteorite activity, as tracked in the articles on SOTT. If we consider the percentage of reported cases given by the Cs then the question is should we really start to 'panik'?
Panic? No. I think the C's says: "Watch the fireworks and enjoy the show".

I think the clues the C's give us is to control our fears, panics, anxiety attacks
and just 'enjoy the show', i.e. to observe the events as they unfold. I think the
key here is to preserve your energy/knowledge by controlling your fears/anxiety
so that you do not let this fear/anxiety cause you to 'forget' because fear/anxiety
is a negative STS emotion that feeds the 4D STS as it drains you. By being forewarned
of these events to come only serves to helps the seeker to better maintain control of
their emotions?

OSIT.

dant said:
rylek said:

I think the clues the C's give us is to control our fears, panics, anxiety attacks
and just 'enjoy the show', i.e. to observe the events as they unfold. I think the
so that you do not let this fear/anxiety cause you to 'forget' because fear/anxiety
is a negative STS emotion that feeds the 4D STS as it drains you. By being forewarned
of these events to come only serves to helps the seeker to better maintain control of
their emotions?

OSIT.
I second this, panic doesn't solve anything, by staying focused and controlled you can observe your environment much better ofcourse.

damn I just imagined how awesome it would be if the entire world wouldn't panic but just stay focused, I need to stop dreaming.

Adam said:

their emotions?

OSIT.
I second this, panic doesn't solve anything, by staying focused and controlled you can observe your environment much better ofcourse.

damn I just imagined how awesome it would be if the entire world wouldn't panic but just stay focused, I need to stop dreaming.
I agree completely and have to choose my words more carefully in the future (always learning). With the 'panik' word I tried to go for a pun but it did not come out the way I intended. More importantly I did not explain my initial thought that in articles, and in general, I notice people's names and it seems to me that sometimes the name is giving us a 'hint' or is a reflection of the deeper reality though I am aware this might just be my wishful thinking. And in this case there is John Panik which might be another 'hint' that we are approaching very turbulent times, osit.

I agree dant when you point out that what we are doing here is to prepare as much as possible for what seems like a highly probable event in the near future, to better control our emotions through acquired knowledge.

I am only at the very beginning of this long and hard process and am very grateful to have this opportunity to work on myself and am thankful to everyone here.

I agree with you Dant, but to be able to utilise properly what the C's adviced, and what Gurdjieff and Moyravieff, and Laura, and others wrote, we have to REALLY learn this machine of ours. For example, i've been in panic recently due to everything that is going on. But i did not know it, because i have "excellent" programs in me to divert my attention from what i am really feeling. So my unconscious panic became angry attacks on people in my life that did nothing to deserve it.

These days, i am trying to feel my panic and become conscious of it, but those programs get int he way again and suddenly, my focus on panic shifts, oh so easily, into daydreaming and any other thougth that inserts itself to divert me. So i think that unless we are able to feel this panic instead of avoiding to feel it, we'll never be prepared. How are we gonna control the horses (emotions), if we haven't put the reins on them and hole them steady? - OSIT.

Mouravieff's story with the coach:

This image represents the characteristics of man by a coach. The physical body is represented by the coach itself; the horses represent emotions - sensations, feelings and passions; the coachman is the ensemble of the intellectual faculties including reason; the person sitting in the coach is the master.

In its normal state, the whole system is in a perfect state of operation: the coachman holds the reins firmly in his hands and drives the horses in the direction indicated by the master. This, however, is not how things happen in the immense majority of cases. First of all, the master is absent. The coach must go and find him, and must then await his pleasure. All is in a bad state: the axles are not greased and they grate; the wheels are badly fixed; dangerously; the horses, although of noble race, are dirty and ill-fed; the harness is worn and the reins are not strong. The coachman is asleep: his hands have slipped to his knees and hardly hold the reins, which can fall from them at any moment.

The coach nevertheless continues to move forward, but does so in a way which presages no happiness. Abandoning the road, it is rolling down the slope in such a way that the coach is now pushing the horses, which are unable to hold it back. The coachman, fallen into a deep sleep, is swaying in his seat at risk of falling off. Obviously a sad fate awaits such a coach.

This image provides a highly appropriate analogy for the condition of most human beings, and it is worth taking as an object of meditation.

Salvation may however present itself. Another coachman, this one quite awake, may pass by the same route and observe the coach in its sad situation. If he is not in much of a hurry, he may perhaps stop to help the coach that is in distress. He will first help the horses hold back the coach from slipping down the slope. Then he will awaken the sleeping driver and together with him will try to bring the coach back to the road. He will lend fodder and money. He might also give advice on the care of the horses, the address of an inn and a coach repairer, and indicate the proper route to follow.

It will be up to the assisted coachman afterward to profit, by his own efforts, from the help and the information received. It will be incumbent on him from this point on to put all things in order and, open eyed, to follow the path he had abandoned.

He will above all fight against sleep, for if he falls asleep again, and if the coach leaves the road again and again finds itself in the same danger, he cannot hope that chance will smile upon him a second time; that another coachman will pass at that moment and at that place and come to his aid once again.

Irini said:
I agree with you Dant, but to be able to utilise properly what the C's adviced, and what Gurdjieff and Moyravieff, and Laura, and others wrote, we have to REALLY learn this machine of ours. For example, i've been in panic recently due to everything that is going on. But i did not know it, because i have "excellent" programs in me to divert my attention from what i am really feeling. So my unconscious panic became angry attacks on people in my life that did nothing to deserve it.

These days, i am trying to feel my panic and become conscious of it, but those programs get int he way again and suddenly, my focus on panic shifts, oh so easily, into daydreaming and any other thougth that inserts itself to divert me. So i think that unless we are able to feel this panic instead of avoiding to feel it, we'll never be prepared. How are we gonna control the horses (emotions), if we haven't put the reins on them and hole them steady? - OSIT.
A good point indeed. It is tricky enough to manage emotions we are aware of let alone ones that are covered by more programs. I have not yet read Mouravieff but I am on my way.

I recently experienced a similar thing you speak of, in my case that of being annoyed with other people, but as you say my other programs kicked in and I did not really notice. It took a long time for me to find out what was happening.

One of the feelings I currently try to feel is stress about my Work progress, that I am not doing enough, like there was some kind of a time table. I have to keep reminding myself that things happen the way they should.

Back
Top Bottom