A bit confused

Youpiboya

The Force is Strong With This One
Hello everyone,

I started the 3rd book of wave series and to be honest, I'm a bit confused because of all new age stuff etc.

It's like sometimes Laura was saying Meditation without thoughts is not good and then it's good.
Higher self is dangerous to call, and then call your higher self.
Don't pray and then you can pray.

Can please someone enlight me please?

Maybe i just need to finish all the books to really understand, but i prefer to ask in first because it's not really clear.

Thanks in advance,

Hello everyone,

I started the 3rd book of wave series and to be honest, I'm a bit confused because of all new age stuff etc.

It's like sometimes Laura was saying Meditation without thoughts is not good and then it's good.
Higher self is dangerous to call, and then call your higher self.
Don't pray and then you can pray.

Can please someone enlight me please?

Maybe i just need to finish all the books to really understand, but i prefer to ask in first because it's not really clear.

Thanks in advance,

Hey there. I can understand the confusion. The Wave is a challenging series dealing with a ton of very nuanced material.

From what I've learned, the topics that you are thinking about - prayer, meditation, calling on the higher self - these are not black or white issues. There is no absolute good or bad label that can be applied to any of them.

The Wave doesn't offer a '10 Commandments' set of rules that must be followed at all times. Drawing on the work of Gurdjieff, through the series there is the following notion: each action that someone takes in life can be good or bad, but it may only be judged based on the specific context in which the action is occurring.

Lying is thought of as bad. But that is not universally applicable. In many cases, lying is be the best possible option. For instance, it is perfectly reasonable for an underground member of the French resistance to lie to the gestapo during the times of Nazi occupation.

So meditation, prayer, and calling on the higher self can all be done for very selfish reasons, with incredibly destructive results. Meditation, prayer, and calling on the higher self can also be great acts of service to others, with the results of healing, peace, order, and plenty.

This is a more general answer. I can't be of much more assistance to you without working with a concrete example from the texts. If there is something in particular that is bothering you, feel free to post it here, and we can have a look.

Otherwise, there are many threads on the forum that may already have the answers that you're looking for. If you use the search function in the top right corner, you may find that other members have already asked questions similar to your own. Are you familiar with how it works? I think that the C's transcripts in particular could be a good place to start to exploring your three topics of meditation, prayer, and calling on the higher self.

Hi Youpiboya,

The short answer is yes, I think some of these items that may seem like they contradict one another will clarify as you carry on with the reading, so the best advice is to carry on reading with an open mind.

But doing this, posting questions as they arise during your reading, is one of the best ways to approach it, it shows you're paying attention and are processing the information, so kudos.

But I wanted to echo what iamthatis said above, there's three forces in the universe, the good, the bad and the specific context that determines which is which ( I learned this in The Wave by the way).

In some cases quieting one's mind is the wrong response to reality, but in some others it is precisely what is needed. Each situation is different and each situation requires a particular answer from the individual.

I hope the above is clear and that it helps you out. I'd say keep on reading through the material.

Hi Youpiboya! I can relate to how you're feeling as I am also confused when I started reading the Wave. I am still reading it and still learning from and through the book.

With your question, I just read it with an open mind. While reading, I am asking my higher self (yes, hihi) what I should do because some of the things mentioned do not resonate with me or not yet. We all are in different phases and different timelines with our lessons. I just put the things that I do not completely understand in the shelf and go back to them until I have a revelation about it or is in the process of learning it which I do not also know when. I am also careful that I do not make Laura or the Cs god or just a different version of god. I am from a religious background so learning through the things openly feels different and honestly completely liberating. There are also parts that will makes sense when you also read other books and the threads here in the forum. I exercise patience and make sure not to be too critical with myself too for some of the things I read, I have been ignorant most of my life. 🌷

Hi Youpiboya,
I would second what others have said and read with an open mind. What is said in the Wave series is also not said in stone and things do change as more information is uncovered. Some things are revised and adjusted as time goes by. I think a lot will become clearer as you continue with the wave series.
Many things have for me become clearer over the years since first reading the Wave series. The main reason for it becoming clearer has been due to a lot of reading since then, which increased my own knowledge base so to speak. This made it possible to understand what I had read years earlier in the Wave and see the gold nuggets hidden therein.

Back
Top Bottom