A books question

Ivan_

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I want to ask if anyone knows this website: _* and if these books are the whole and real ones(just to be absolutely sure)? Are they faked or illegal or both and how come they are there in that form??? And one of Ouspenski`s books (the other one does not work _* )

Was it wise to post links, if they might be real (mods, admins, new_to_chess)?
I know that many of Laura's books are spread around freely & (illegally?), and so,
is it just that nobody cares or that it's so must work to stop the spread of it.
Of course I assume, that, this means a cut down on the books sales, which is bad?

hungrig said:
Was it wise to post links, if they might be real (mods, admins, new_to_chess)?
I know that many of Laura's books are spread around freely & (illegally?), and so,
is it just that nobody cares or that it's so must work to stop the spread of it.
Of course I assume, that, this means a cut down on the books sales, which is bad?
I meant no harm, just wanted to inform and i know this was somehow like a film spoiler. If the mods and admins fell like it, just delete this thread with the link before many people have seen it . To say that they are freely spread means more like a link, connected with this site or the cassiopea site(such as the freely spread Wave 1,the adventures.. ) which is not the case and by illegally i meant that these books should be bought, they are copyrighted and so on i.e. basically it is illegal for them to be there ..I do not think that will stop the spreading.

To say that they are freely spread means more like a link, connected with this site or the cassiopea site(such as the freely spread Wave 1,the adventures.. ) which is not the case and by illegally i meant that these books should be bought, they are copyrighted and so on i.e. basically it is illegal for them to be there
It's no secret, the reason they stopped to sell ebooks from QFG/redpill
was admitted to be because of the spreading, if my memory is on my side. (some podcast)
And yes, internet and good books = forever. So I can't understand how that
could 'mean more like a link'!?

an Internet hyperlink i meant - that particular hyperlink was not connected with those websites (sott.net, cassiopaea.com)- it came from someone else who obviously had hacked some books and uploaded them. I have not heared that particular podcast. What about The Wave 5 and mostly 6 that were not on that dir or ftp or whatever. Are they all stopped?

Why you ask of wave 5 and 6 in particular?
If you ask out of only curiosity, what does it matter?

Quote from podcast: "It's the end of the world as we know it (Do you feel fine?)"

link to the transcript: _www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5872

Let me explain it to you. There are 9 people here, total. SOTT team, myself, Ark doing research, and support staff. And we all have to live just like everyone of you. We have to pay our insurance, we have to pay our rent, we have to buy food, we have to have a vehicle and put gas into that vehicle so that we can travel around and do things. For a long time, we were building up our book sales to the point where our book sales pretty well supported us but recently, we became aware that we need to get information out there a lot faster, a lot later than hard copy books were doing. We needed to make it as inexpensive as we possible could, so that more people could have it. So we put all our books up on the website as e-books. Downloadable. Easily transmitted. We figured, well, this is a chance we are going to take because it is more important that the information get out there than it is for us to make money. Because off course we figured that people would still continue to pay for the e-books and it would come out six one half dozen the other. More people would buy the e-books and we wouldn't have to be spending the money to have the books printed and shipped so that it would come about even. But guess what? Once we put the e-books on the web and after a really good number of sales on e-books, sales dropped to almost nothing because now people are passing them around and putting them on P2P networks.

So that means that in our effort to get the information out there to as many people as possible, we essentially cut our own throats. Because now we don't know how we are going to survive because people can have our books for free. […]

Back
Top Bottom