A Brief Overview Dabrowski's Theory of Positive Disintegration

Reading this thread and finding the one called the right therapist I would like to ask what are the proper sources to read about the Dabrowski Theory of Positive Disintegration? I guess Dabrowski himself, is there a book of him to be recommended for a absolute beginner?

thanks

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
Reading this thread and finding the one called the right therapist I would like to ask what are the proper sources to read about the Dabrowski Theory of Positive Disintegration? I guess Dabrowski himself, is there a book of him to be recommended for a absolute beginner?

thanks

If you get the disc of his books from the positive disintegration website, I'd say start with Personality Shaping Through Positive Disintegration. Once you have a basis of the theory, you can read any of his books for a greater understanding. (You could also start with the collected volume of essays available on http://www.redpillpress.com which is a good primer for his theory and its application.)

I am currently going through the files of Positive disintegration website.

In philosophy, Simondon talks about similar concepts.
His idea about life (and spirituality) are centered on the fact that everything is linked. He also talks about multilevelness.

See the book : "Individuation in the light of the notions of Form and Information"

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simondon
_http://fractalontology.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/a-short-list-of-gilbert-simondons-vocabulary/
_http://fractalontology.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/translation-jean-hugues-barthelemy-on-simondon-bergson-and-teilhard-de-chardin/

See also : _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Tarde

quotes in french, google translation after

« L’éthique est l’exigence selon laquelle il y a corrélation significative des normes et des valeurs. Saisir l’éthique en son unité exige qu’on accompagne l’ontogenèse : l’éthique est le sens de l’individuation, le sens de la synergie des individuations successives. C’est le sens de la transductivité du devenir, sens selon lequel en chaque acte résident à la fois le mouvement pour aller plus loin et le schème qui s’intégrera à d’autres schèmes; c’est le sens selon lequel l’intériorité d’un acte a un sens dans l’extériorité. Postuler que le sens intérieur est aussi un sens extérieur, qu’il n’y a pas d’îlots perdus dans le devenir, pas de régions éternellement fermées sur elles-mêmes, pas d’autarcie absolue de l’instant, c’est affirmer que chaque geste a un sens d’information et est symbolique par rapport à la vie entière et à l’ensemble des vies. Il y a éthique dans la mesure où il y a information, c’est-à-dire signification surmontant une disparation d’éléments d’êtres, et faisant ainsi que ce qui est intérieur soit aussi extérieur. La valeur d’un acte n’est pas son caractère universalisable selon la norme qu’il implique, mais l’effective réalité de son intégration dans un réseau d’actes qui est le devenir »
« La réalité éthique est bien structurée en réseau, c’est-à-dire qu’il y a une résonance des actes les uns par rapport aux autres, non pas à travers leurs normes implicites ou explicites, mais directement dans le système qu’ils forment et qui est le devenir de l’être (…) Les actes sont en réseau dans la mesure où ils sont pris sur un fond de nature »
« L’éthique exprime le sens de l’individuation perpétuée, la stabilité du devenir qui est celui de l’être comme préindividué, s’individuant, et tendant vers le continu qui reconstruit sous une forme de communication organisée une réalité aussi vaste que le système préindividuel. A travers l’individu, transfert amplificateur issu de la Nature, les sociétés deviennent un Monde »
simondon p.333

L’invention d’un nouvel étage de l’individuation se produit quand la transduction reste « en suspens » au lieu de se réaliser, et se met alors à chercher un circuit pour produire plus de résonance, pour actualiser plus de potentialités, pour faire communiquer les différences préindividuelles par une autre voie… Un niveau système se crée alors, plus large, qui inclut l’individu formé dans une individuation plus ample

De cette participation de l’individu à un système plus vaste, système qui comprend une solution (cristal), un milieu, (vivant) un monde (psychique), un monde psycho-social (transindividuel), on doit en déduire que la connaissance de l’être n’est pas autre chose qu’une participation à l’être qui prend une nouvelle forme. Connaître, ce n’est plus contempler ou participer à des Idées, c’est agir dans une dimension de l’être.

la nature ne se manifeste que pour autant que nous formons un système avec elle, sujet et monde, sujet impliqué et déjà pris dans le monde, nouvel étage de l’individuation vitale qui résout par la perception et la connaissance la tension des dynamismes vitaux en prise avec le monde.

la connaissance est le mode d’invention de celui qui, participant au réel, forme un système avec lui, elle n’est donc en rien une réception passive du réel ou une mise en forme pure du réel.

--

Ce sont les relations d’échange quantique ou d’information dans un certain ordre de grandeur topologique et chronologique qui conditionnent les dimensions dans le réel, à un niveau qui ne peut plus être pré-individuel mais qui n’est encore l’individuation réalisée

Indiquons seulement que la cristallisation qui sert de paradigme pour expliquer l’individuation, fait apparaître tout un faisceau de polarités entre solution sursaturée et germe cristallin, entre ordre de grandeur différents (moléculaire et molaire), entre grandeurs scalaires et vectorielles, discontinuité du germe et continuité de la solution.

"Ce qui est réel, c’est le champ, « la réciprocité de la fonction de la totalité et la fonction de l’élément à l’intérieur du champ », comme on le voit dans la conception électromagnétique de la lumière. Tout est affaire de champ, et de constitutions de formes au sein d’un champ en interaction avec un élément. Les sciences humaines obéissent à cette même axiomatique. De même que la notion de champ a permis de réunir physique et chimie, de même les sciences humaines sont les fonctions corrélées d’un même champ.."
l'individuation p.533

google translation

Ethics is the requirement that there is significant correlation of standards and values. Enter ethics unity requires that accompanies the ontogenesis of ethics is a sense of individuation , sense of synergy successive individuations . This is the meaning of transductivity fate , meaning that in each act lie both the movement to go further and the schema that will be integrated with other schemes , it is the sense in which interiority an act has a meaning in exteriority. Postulate that the inner meaning is also an outside view, there are no islands lost in the future , no regions eternally closed on themselves , no absolute self-sufficiency of the moment, it is say that every gesture has a meaning and symbolic information in relation to the whole life and all lives. There ethical insofar there is information , this is to say a service overcoming disparation elements beings , and thereby it is also outside or inside . The value of an act is not its universalized character according to the standard it implies, but the actual reality of its integration into a network of acts is the future "

" The ethical reality is structured network , that is to say that there is a resonance acts against each other, not through their implicit or explicit standards, but directly into the system that they form and is becoming to be (...) the acts are networked to the extent that they are taken on a background of nature "

"Ethics expresses the sense of individuation perpetuated stability fate is that of being as préindividué , is individuated , seeking to continuously reconstructs a form of communication organized a vast reality that preindividual system. Through the individual amplifier transfer from Nature , societies become a World "

Simondon p.333

The invention of a new stage of individuation occurs when transduction remains "pending" instead of make , and then starts to look a circuit to produce more resonance to update more potential , to communicate preindividual differences in another way ... a system level creates wider , which includes individuals trained in a wider individuation

This participation of the individual in a larger system, which includes a solution (crystal) , middle ( living ) a world ( psychic ) , a psycho- social world ( transindividual ), one must conclude that knowledge of being is nothing other than a participation in the being who takes a new form . Knowledge is no longer contemplate or participate in idea is to act in a dimension of being.

nature occurs only as long as we form a system with it, and about the world, and already the subject involved in the world, new floor of vital individuation which solves the perception and knowledge of the power dynamics in vital engagement with the world.

knowledge is the mode of the invention , which involved the actual forms a system with him, it is therefore not at all a passive reception of real or formatting pure reality.

-

These are relations of quantum information exchange or in an order of magnitude topological and temporal dimensions that shape the real , to a level that can not be pre-individual but which is not yet realized the individuation

Indicate only that the crystallization paradigm used to explain individuation, shows a bundle of polarities between supersaturated solution and seed crystal between different order of magnitude ( molecular and molar ) between scalar and vector quantities , discontinuity of the germ and continuity of the solution .

" This is real , this is the field " reciprocity function and all the function of the element within the field , " as seen in the electromagnetic design of light . 's all about field constitutions and forms within a field interacting with an element. humanities obey the same axioms . Similarly the notion of the field brought together physics and chemistry , as well humanities functions are correlated in the same field .. "
the individuation p.533

Approaching Infinity said:
I've read his first book, "The Theory of Positive Disintegration," and am reading his second, "Personality-shaping Through Positive Disintegration," and so far, while the first is a good introduction, and short, the second is pretty mind-blowing.

I am currently reading The Theory of Positive Disintegration, and it has got me re reading over the first introduction of the theory several times due to amazement of the simplistic explanation - although it did take me awhile to get my head around all the new terminology to me!
Having read little of Gurdjieff's work, i found myself being swamped quite alot by the information.Ouspensky's ISOTM hit me hard while reading, and although i could somewhat understand what was being said, its like i couldnt accept it somewhat - even though i new it was truth. Nothing seemed to stick.

This book for me, seems to stay clear of the deeper Esoteric nature that i couldn't digest. The more psychological approach makes it so much easier for me to comprehend and take in. It really puts a new light on all of the suffering one must go through to progress, and the manor in which this happens and why.

Very fortunate i found this book, as id passed it many times on the Reccomended Book thread. Then for some reason it stuck out like a sore thumb and the title just reeled me in. Excited to continue reading, and progress onto more of his work!
Highly recommended from myself :)

Huxley said:
I've read his first book, "The Theory of Positive Disintegration," and am reading his second, "Personality-shaping Through Positive Disintegration," and so far, while the first is a good introduction, and short, the second is pretty mind-blowing.

I am currently reading The Theory of Positive Disintegration, and it has got me re reading over the first introduction of the theory several times due to amazement of the simplistic explanation - although it did take me awhile to get my head around all the new terminology to me!
Having read little of Gurdjieff's work, i found myself being swamped quite alot by the information.Ouspensky's ISOTM hit me hard while reading, and although i could somewhat understand what was being said, its like i couldnt accept it somewhat - even though i new it was truth. Nothing seemed to stick.

This book for me, seems to stay clear of the deeper Esoteric nature that i couldn't digest. The more psychological approach makes it so much easier for me to comprehend and take in. It really puts a new light on all of the suffering one must go through to progress, and the manor in which this happens and why.

Very fortunate i found this book, as id passed it many times on the Reccomended Book thread. Then for some reason it stuck out like a sore thumb and the title just reeled me in. Excited to continue reading, and progress onto more of his work!

Then you'll no doubt be pleased to hear that Red Pill Press will be publishing Dabrowski's works! The first one, Personality-Shaping, should be ready very soon!

Huxley said:

Then you'll no doubt be pleased to hear that Red Pill Press will be publishing Dabrowski's works! The first one, Personality-Shaping, should be ready very soon!

:cheer: Excited to hear it!

Very pleased to hear this aswell! I checked Red Pill when I posted to see if any physical copies of other material was available. I don't enjoy reading from my screen to much!
:bacon:

I start this thread yesterday and I think it is fascinating! I will check if there are articles in Sott about this subject or in the forum, it seems to me something that opens my eyes in a certain way that is very intelligible. I love this.

Thanks a lot! for this thread.

Waheyyy :thup: These books are extremely difficult to get hold of for any reasonable price. Thanks QFG

Indeed very good news, i heard about the publication of Dabrowski's Work by the Red Pill Press on Truth Perspective Sott Radio Show, good job guys thank you in advance. :D

Just want to give everyone a heads up that Dabrowski's book, Personality-Shaping, is back in print!

See the announcement here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38627.0.html

And the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Personality-Shaping-Positive-Disintegration-Kazimierz-Dabrowski/dp/069242749X/

Hi everyone, just want to give a heads up that Red Pill Press has some first editions of 4 of Dabrowski's books available.

In English:

Fragments from the Diary of a Madman
http://www.amazon.com/Fragments-diary-madman-Pawel-Cienin/dp/0901342130/
http://www.redpillpress.com/shop/fragments-from-the-diary-of-a-madman/

Existential Thoughts and Aphorisms
http://www.redpillpress.com/shop/existential-thoughts-and-aphorisms/
http://www.amazon.com/Existential-Thoughts-Aphorisms-Pawel-Cienin/dp/0901342122/

In Polish:

Existential Thoughts and Aphorisms
http://www.amazon.com/Mysli-aforyzmy-egzystencjalne-Pawel-Cienin/dp/0901342084/
http://www.redpillpress.com/shop/mysli-i-aforyzmy-egzystencjalne/

Dynamics of Concepts
http://www.redpillpress.com/shop/pojecia-zyja-i-rozwijaja-sie-ze-studiow-nad-dynamika-pojec/
http://www.amazon.com/Poj-x119-x17C-x105-rozwijaj/dp/B01BX0NOS0/

Back
Top Bottom