A Dutch dream

Been awhile since I remembered a dream.

I was riding a tram (and the ride was unusually smooth, now that I'm remembering it), there were people on the tram talking Dutch and I was understanding more of it than I usually did/do. The conversations weren't of anything significant.

The tram pulled up to a stop, and then it gets a bit wierd - we all got off at a "dinner theater", somewhere you could order a restaurant meal, and watch either a movie or a play. It resembled nothing I actually saw in Nederland - I either made it up or it exists somewhere else.

Anyway, I found myself sitting at a table with a few other Nederlanders, and the waiter didn't understand English, and I was having to order in broken Dutch, and I was asking the strangers I was sitting with for the right words in Dutch to say, and feeling embarrassed that I couldn't recall the right words.

But they were patient and I got my order to the waiter. Then I woke up.

Hi John,

It sounds like you're dreaming of Disney Land which may be worlds away from you. You might have an attraction to trams, which they have a lot of. One of them goes directly though a building I was in less than two years ago at the world version. They also have a Sci-Fi Theater which could be the pull. It's a 50's things. Burger & Shakes.

Sounds good and they understand English well, I just a need another day to enjoy it.
The link is here, official site.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=SciFiDineInTheaterDiningPage

Nope, I've been to DisneyWorld, and it wasn't that type of tram. It was the kind that I definitely remember from my stay over there, except without the rattles.

And yes, they do understand english quite well. It was dream logic, not real logic, that was operating in this dream :) In reality, you'd order in English, and they'd understand you and bring you your food. I'm not quite sure why, but I had to speak in Dutch to the waiter, that's all he understood.

Maybe our dreams are telling us we need to speak in a tongue that everyone understands, but if you did, everyone would just use that against you in the mind wars.

Could be we need to walk a little deeper in our communication ability.

John Chang said:
Been awhile since I remembered a dream.
For me also, to the point that I start missing them. I used to have lots of dreams, dreams in which I was flying, dreams that left me speachless for days, and lucid dreams, lots of fun.

As to your short dream sequence, I intuit that the general feeling of your dream after you woke up was a little bit of frustration.

For any type of dream interpretation it is crucial to remember what the feelings were that the dream left you with, and what they were within the dream. So in the end, you will be the best interpreter of your dream. The only thing that stands in the way of interpreting our own dreams is that same old denial/wishfull thinking/ lack of honesty.

Below I have given it a try, which is more something like a wild guess, how one could interpret ones dreams with a short list of dream symbols, and some examples of dream interpretation as given by Theun Mares.

You can download the entire PDF file overhere. It has helped me in the past to interprete some of my own dreams.
http://www(dot)renascentlegacy(dot)com/docs/vol2.pdf

Some dream symbols relevant to your short dream sequence:

Cinema Objectivity/Lack of
Buildings:
Any type (caves, tents & tombs) View of the world/Point of view
Public Common view of the world/Social
conditioning

Eating The desire for spiritual nourishment
Talking The need for communication
Hearing Feeling/Lack of
Food Desire for spiritual nourishment
Tables The need to address problems
Transport:
Public (Bus, train) Social conditioning

You find yourself looking at (or being in) a state of awareness that relates to the common view of the (social) world; the one that we arrive at due to social conditioning. Despite the fact that the people were talking Dutch, you are surprised that you understand so much of them. Your perception of them using a different language is an act of "hearing" which relates to "feeling" which is an act of the heart chakra (understanding).

When you get off the tram (social conditioning), you happen to enter a public building which again relates to something "social" or common view of the world. The building is a "dinner theater". Food points to the desire for spiritual nourishment while something like cinema points to "objectivity" or, "the lack thereof".
There is a need to address certain problems as you go sitting at a table, possibly about some unknown aspect of yourself as those Nederlanders are strangers to you, but still feel familiar.
Your known self has the need to communicate (talking). But this time the communication is less understandable, this time there is a lack of "feeling".

Despite the crippled communication or the lack of feeling, the dinner (spiritual nourishment) gets ordered. A little bit of patience paid off. In this respect, I wonder whether there wasn't any reference to the number 12 in your dream. Did you see a clock pointing at 12? Just a wild guess here. Or a 57 or 48 which will all add up to the number 12?

In the end, the dinner got ordered. The question remains whether it will be served as your dream ended there :)

John Chang said:
I was riding a tram (and the ride was unusually smooth, now that I'm remembering it), there were people on the tram talking Dutch and I was understanding more of it than I usually did/do.

The tram pulled up to a stop, and then it gets a bit wierd - we all got off at a "dinner theater", somewhere you could order a restaurant meal, and watch either a movie or a play. It resembled nothing I actually saw in Nederland - I either made it up or it exists somewhere else.
Quite a weird dream. Trams in Amsterdam certainly do NOT drive smooth. Meal/entertainment combo's for sure are marketed here and there, but will never get too popular because the Dutch have a tendency to decide for themselves the evening program after dinner. John, do you have any other connections to Nederland except having visited the country?

salleles said:
John Chang said:
I was riding a tram (and the ride was unusually smooth, now that I'm remembering it), there were people on the tram talking Dutch and I was understanding more of it than I usually did/do.

Quite a weird dream. Trams in Amsterdam certainly do NOT drive smooth. Meal/entertainment combo's for sure are marketed here and there, but will never get too popular because the Dutch have a tendency to decide for themselves the evening program after dinner. John, do you have any other connections to Nederland except having visited the country?
Not that I'm aware of. I lived there for a year, in a little town between Den Haag and Rotterdam. I have to say, the trams in Amsterdam were much better than the trams I usually rode on :)

Back
Top Bottom