A Few Thoughts

Lakewolf

Padawan Learner
First: about love.

< Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.>

I feel we need to be careful in what we say to newcomers. Remember that no one can know another's initial motives.
To that end, I would suggest that no one be permitted to post until they read the "Suggestions to Newbies" part.

I feel also that I have seen arrogance here. Remember that not all of us are starting from the beginning. It is good to point out where a person may be coming from, but unless you know the individual, attacks do nothing but chase some people away.

I have found that the more I "know", the more I realize what it is I don't know. This forum suits me in that I expect my statements to be torn apart, but not everyone is like me.

Remember that love is patient and kind.

Also remember that love is an action, not just a perception. How we treat others is a good mirror for what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

Respectfully,

Lakewolf Whitecrow

Hi Lakewood,

A few questions:

Are you acquainted with the term gas-lighting?

Do you know what is meant by one's conscience is one's own?

Do you believe that leaving pathology undiagnosed is "kind?"

Have you an understanding of paramoralism and paralogism, and how everyone has been entrained by them?

Do you believe that love as described by Paul is in everyone's inventory by default?

Do you feel this forum is suitable for anyone?

Have you ever read a Moderator point out that all we have is what a poster writes?

Seems Lakewolf, is disabled to answer direct questions, I've made two and have no answer..

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14308.msg113495#msg113495

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14359.msg113319#msg113319

I am not disabled.

I am working, & will answer you ASAP.

I stated in the thread "Please, please help me" I would no longer be posting to that thread.

Lakewolf said:
I am not disabled.

I am working, & will answer you ASAP.

I stated in the thread "Please, please help me" I would no longer be posting to that thread.

One can stop posting to a thread at any time. Ana's question came from what you wrote, it's curious you felt the need to say it.

I posted what I did to save the IT people time in investigating it.

I find it curious that some posters don't take the time to get to know others when posting. One can only gauge the actions of others over time.

This being a form of communication which does not allow subleties, one can only gauge another's motives over time.

Labeling anyone a predator or a psychopath without knowing the person only serves ego.

As an example of ego serving, how well do you really know me and my intentions?
One can only know another through their postings.

Don't you think a true psychopath couldn't enter the forum, learn the the material, and then "play the game"? Given that most psychopaths can fit in perfectly with their environment, I suggest caution.

As for terminology, this is what I do know:

1)I have been working on a book on affection therapy for 25 years, but threw out what I had developed when I realised it could be misused by psychopaths.

2) Though I may not understand your concepts, I have worked in and around people all my life. All my jobs involved serving the public, so I had a great deal of time to study people.

3) Since I have been ill most of my life, I have had a grat deal of time to study myself internally.

Instead of showing off what you know to people who come here, why don't you guide them to material that may help them specificially?

Labelling is STS.

<We cannot codify with external criteria which action constitutes which kind of considering. The concepts are related to service to others vs service to self and to objectivity vs subjectivity. Usually the term considering is applied in the context of personal interactions.

Only through having external considering can one serve others. This requires responsiveness and a sense of objectivity and awareness of what is right action for the given situation. Serving in the sense of merely carrying out commands is not external considering.

Internal considering can be likened to man's inner predator. It feeds itself by engaging in subjective fantasies where it thinks it is other than it is. It will also seek to gain external confirmation for its distorted self-image by manipulating others to confirm it in its views. Man may go to much trouble to make an impression, simply in order to have his own illusory, internally considered self-image reflected back to himself from others. All success in such manipulation feeds the predator and confirms it in its internal considering and accordingly removes the center of gravity of man's inner life away from objectivity. Internal considering is in very concrete terms man's natural enemy who seeks to prevent man from being himself. The predator will at all times prefer an illusion of virtue to the naked truth about itself. Still, it is not useful to morally judge or condemn the predator, just like it is useless to condemn a cat for eating mice. Still, one must disengage from identifying with this predator. Claiming to Work while engaging in internal considering is a contradiction in terms. The forms of internal considering can however be extremely subtle and one cannot always detect them, thus constant vigilance is required. The predator of internal considering may well claim to engage in merciless self-observation, to aspire to consciousness and being and any other virtues and even trick itself to believe it is progressing towards these goals while all the while only feeding its vanity and desire for recognition. >

I suggest that you examine your motives before posting, rather than reponding automatically.

Love is not a default choice by definition. However, once one chooses STO behavior, Paul's definition,among others, should be aplied to one's actions with care,

I do believe this forum should be open to all, as one cannot judge another's motives without knowledge of that person. This means examining thoughtfully before posting, rather than make the default assumption everyone is STS.

I am also personally appalled by your kneejerk reaction to apply negativity to anyone's motives.

We all learn here at a different rate.

Lakewolf, can you post specific instances of the things you mention? Generalities aren't that helpful.

as one cannot judge another's motives without knowledge of that person.

If you saw a stranger strike another violently, would his intent be clear to you?

The generalization used in this quote is an example of paralogism.

I suggest that you examine your motives before posting, rather than reponding automatically.

Was this conclusion about forum members arrived at objectively, or is it a reaction to an uncomfortable feeling about things that were written?

Lakewolf said:
I posted what I did to save the IT people time in investigating it.
How can anyone learn without investigating and searching for themselves?

Lakewolf said:
I find it curious that some posters don't take the time to get to know others when posting. One can only gauge the actions of others over time..
Can you show the specific case?

Lakewolf said:
This being a form of communication which does not allow subleties, one can only gauge another's motives over time.
Labeling anyone a predator or a psychopath without knowing the person only serves ego.
Can you show the specific case?

Lakewolf said:
As an example of ego serving, how well do you really know me and my intentions?
One can only know another through their postings.
Don't you think a true psychopath couldn't enter the forum, learn the the material, and then "play the game"?

Then what kind of being could do that?

I came to this conclusion after carefully watchimg some of the posts given to newcomers.

The fact that I would intervene if I saw someone attacked is evidenced by my starting this thread. Though it is not a physical attack, it is an attack nonetheless if the person posting for the first time is not physically known to the other posters.

I have seen many mechanical reactions to posters here for the first time. I feel it is dangerous to both parties. I will make a list of them when I have time and post them here.

Thank all of you who have posted replies to my threads and replies. Only in this manner may we truly get to know one another.

I expect you to continually take apart what I say and examine my motives. This will lead me to re-examination of my motives, and will provide elucidation for the benefit of all involved.

I have much to do, but will check in from time to time if I can.

If not, I'll talk to you on Friday.

Lakewolf

I just examined my previous post, and will reply quickly.

1) Psychopaths on this forum should be able to be discerned by their perfection in wording, throwing in an occasional "emotional response".

2) IT: Info tech people. I didn't want someone to needlessly waste theit time investigating a nonexistent problem. If I have trouble posting, I will attempt contact to IT through another computer. If all else fails, I will PM someone if I can to alert them to the problem.

This will be the only time I PM, so if you see it's from me, then it's a glitch in the system that I am unable to resolve on my own.

Talk to you Fri.

Hi Lakewolf, you don't have to compile a list of examples if that will take you some time to do, I think just one specific example of what you say would be very helpful to start with, and perhaps other examples could be brought into the discussion if needed.

Lakewolf said:
I expect you to continually take apart what I say and examine my motives. This will lead me to re-examination of my motives, and will provide elucidation for the benefit of all involved
Well to me, you seem a little too mushy-mushy / Love'n light'ish? I don't doubt you have the best of intentions, but maybe you're abit too emotional when you judge peoples responses?

Yes this is a public forum, but it is NOT for everyone.

Forum Guidelines said:
One: Don't maliciously harass people, or flame them, or really make them want to flame you. If the moderators detect malice or manipulation (and they ARE experienced), and invitations to overcome such issues does not result in resolution, you will be deleted.
So have some faith, that the very capable Mod's will do their work :)

Lakewolf said:
I came to this conclusion after carefully watchimg some of the posts given to newcomers.

The fact that I would intervene if I saw someone attacked is evidenced by my starting this thread. Though it is not a physical attack, it is an attack nonetheless if the person posting for the first time is not physically known to the other posters.

lakewolf, no one has been attacked on your thread, or in this thread. The fact that you think someone has indicates that you are not seeing things as they are. It also suggests that a defense has been triggered in you due to what was said either in reference to you or to another. We've seen this happen time and time and time again here. As soon as someone admonishes the forum for 'attacking' someone - when no attack (in any way, shape or form) occurred - it's obvious the defensive dynamic has been triggered and the person making the accusations is not seeing or thinking clearly.

They are also usually working overtime to protect some facet of their own ego/false personality. The fact that you've started a thread to admonish this forum for all it does wrong indicates you are either completely missing the boat, or you predator is acting up.

So - why not just come out with what is really bothering you and stop writing general judgments about how wrong we all are? It obviously has to do with the thread in which AngEvil was helped to see glimpses of himself - it's quite telling to compare his response to that (a willingness to listen and Work on understanding it) and your reaction which was to basically storm out of the thread and start this thread of admonishment against the forum.

1) Psychopaths on this forum should be able to be discerned by their perfection in wording, throwing in an occasional "emotional response".

This is an assumption that seems to reveal a very limited understanding of the forum's material re psychopathy. I also am reading from your posts that you have not read Political Ponerology which is essential for grokking the dynamic of this forum.

Back
Top Bottom