A new puzzle: Multiplying bread and fish

Peam said:
The smallest angles of the red and green triangles are:
red: 20.556 degrees
green: 21.801 degrees

Calculator I used: http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp
You cannot use that because that triangle doesn't have 3 sides, it's not a triangle. One of the sides is a curve. So any measure of angles by that calculator will be wrong cuz of this assumption, osit.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
Peam said:
The smallest angles of the red and green triangles are:
red: 20.556 degrees
green: 21.801 degrees

Calculator I used: http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp
You cannot use that because that triangle doesn't have 3 sides, it's not a triangle. One of the sides is a curve. So any measure of angles by that calculator will be wrong cuz of this assumption, osit.
The red triangle and the green triangle both have three sides, so they are triangles. There are no curves in the puzzle, it's an optical ilusion because in one of them the straight lines of both hypotense's bulge out, and when they are swapped, they bulge in. The difference in area of the two is Just enough to make one square.

Is it possible that the assumption of linear geometry is incorrect?
I'm betting that Ark is not using linear geometry but is instead using
something like spherical geometry or curved space? Maybe the grid
lines are not straight as it appears?

Clue: Everything seems curved....

I’ve realised that I might not be making myself as plain as I thought. So here’s my calculations.
With regards to the triangle on this link:
http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp

In Triganometry:

Tan of angle A = opposite over adjacent

So red triangle, A = 3 units over 8 units =20.556

And green triangle, A = 2 units over 5 units = 21.801

( to get the angles in degrees from the tan/sine/cosine etc, we used to use a book of conversions. Then when slide-rules came out in the late 60's, you could do the calculations on those.)

Anyone remember using those slide-rules?

I still have several versions of slides. Oh man. Not very accurate them things.
I feel like Rip Van Winkle.... old man sleeping -- grrrzts! OH WAKE UP MAN!!

While you are all trying to figure this out, the diagram i posted shows the two outer triangles have different angles, when i measure the area contained within the difference of the angles it come to exactly 1 half of the square that is missing, so when the diagram is rearanged you get the other 1 half but this time as the angles are changed you get as in the first diagram 1 half more area,so you get 1 full area missing(the square), its just that the angles are so slight but over the distance they make up that that space. There is also no concavity to the lines two point equal on straight line.

screen dump

arkpuzzle2dl0.jpg

Us architects like to draw thing out! but even when you draw it out thinking in grid format you first miss the slim triangle that is not seen in Ark diagram.
By the way its not a triangle because it actually has 4 sides.( 4 sides to the outer perimeter of the whole diagram)

Dant, this seems correct.

Dant said:
>>> Area of entire rt-triangle:
B5=5, H5=13
A5=32.5
This explains when the triangles are flip flopped, the axis dividing the H side changes, thus moving ½ of each part over to the other side, which allows the little space to open up for the spaceman. The second triangle [spaceship] bulges out to allow the space, each side taking ½ of the bite.

I still see a third part in here for some reason.

All I say are my opinions, theories, and observations that can always change. Well, I have a thought that I am still trying to disprove. Much has been said about us being in 3D. Said is that many things are 'out there' we just cannot understand.Fini. Shoot...,,, even our current verbal language is inadequate to convey our thoughts. How many times have you seen the opinion that mathamatics is the 'universal' language? Now, let's get to the triangle. I think our math is in question. The new hole? I think, that hole is anomoly that illustrates our mathamatical abilities are deficient. I now gotta throw out the thought in the area of accounting, that accounting is a mathematical pseudo-science.I saw a previous example in this thread here that illustrates what I call the "missing dollar theory", although in other money denominations. In one of my classes, the teacher was in job life an Actuary, so I figured he knew his math. Out of the blue, disrupting class, and posed the following scenario...
There was this weekend convention, in some city.
Zoom in and see that three(3) guys are checking into the hotel.
Thirty(30) bucks a night the clerk says...
The three guys look at each other...
If we pitch in, it's only 10 bucks apiece.
Okay, they pitch in 10 bucks apiece and leave for their room.
The night manager walks in and says convention rate is 25 bucks per night and to take 5 bucks back...
The bellboy thinks 5 bucks don't divide equally to the three(3) gentelmen,,.
I'll keep two (he thinks) and gives back a buck apiece.
The three(3) guys get back a buck.
10 bucks less one(1) are nine.
9 times three is twenty seven(27), yes?
The bellboy kept two(2) bucks.
That's only twentey nine(29) bucks, where is that missing two(2) bucks buckeroo?
With eye contact, he said "aw shit".
That woke a few, for a brief instance.
edit: I forgot to say, i posed the same question to an accountant...
They said it's only a matter of presentaion.

Al Today said:
That's only twentey nine(29) bucks, where is that missing two(2) bucks buckeroo?
With eye contact, he said "aw shit".
That woke a few, for a brief instance.
edit: I forgot to say, i posed the same question to an accountant...
They said it's only a matter of presentaion.
The error is in the assumption that the 2 bucks that the bellboy kept comes from the 3 bucks. It doesn't, it comes out of the 27 bucks.

Al Today said:
10 bucks less one(1) are nine.
Here you are subtracting.

Al Today said:
Here you are multiplying.

Al Today said:
Here, you are adding.

If you add, multiply, and subtract all in the same equation, you can surely hide or create any amount of space you desire.

There is something else I discovered here that is strange. :/

It seems also a lot of prime numbers which got me thinking about phi or 1.61834.

There is a mathematical calculation which may relate.

Going back to speaking in parts, if we look at the large triangle in the top original figure, its relationship to the whole is very close to phi. We simple know the whole triangle has 32 parts, so multiply 20 [subtracted from 32 by 12, size of large triangle] times 1.61834 and you get 32.3668. We simply add the .3668 to the large triangle size making it 12.3668.

Then we move to the anomaly triangle which has 33 parts less 12, or 21 times 1.61834 which gives us 33.9851, or 13.9851, size of large triangle.

If you subtract 32.3668 from 33.9851, you get 1.6183 or phi.

Yeepee, said the spaceman! ;)

[edited for corrections]

Deepest apologies - this puzzle remindes me of something I heard of before about regarding some random greco-roman hero (sorry again I remember not who) that got to claim his land/home/kingdom by what some animal skin could encompass ... It was my opinion in 8th grade he cut the skin in a spiral - I suspect somebody before me pointed out the perimeter thing - it's like the 3-d version of the certain fractals -> they become absolute surface space and zero volume -

OCKHAM said:
If you add, multiply, and subtract all in the same equation, you can surely hide or create any amount of space you desire.
Yep, many are the ways of numeric manipulations. For example, take the accounting field. Accountants can manipulate numeric presentations and arrive at predfined results. Perhaps, Hiding/Burying numbers can be an art form? Can we say ENRON?
By what I'm about to say, I mean no disrespect to sales professionals, a few of my friends are in sales.
This being said, I've seen the missing dollar theory in practice, when purchasing a car. Often, a salesperson will attempt to get information from you. For example, 'what monthly payment are you looking for?'. When siging an automobile purchase agreement, watch the loan/finance dude as he run the numbers and backs into that 'predefined' monthly payment amount. Awareness, obervation, & perception are the keys for discovery.

I had a feeling Ark was messing with us a little with the fishy. ;)

I am still working on the puzzle, but did find this.

C’s said:
Q: (L) Did Jesus feed thousands of people with a few loaves and fishes?
A: No.
Was here:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave13.htm

Back
Top Bottom