A pod of killer whales is accused of 'orchestrated' attacks on boats, terrifying the sailors and baffling scientists

Debra

Dagobah Resident
Living on the West Coast, we have an abundance of orca whales in the surrounding Pacific ocean year round.

They garner a lot of interest and my family members and I have had numerous sightings.

The First Nations have Ancestral stories and claim lineage with the Orcas.

When the Orcas get tangled in fishing nets, or in trouble with cast off ropes, it is not unusual for them to come close to a boat and they seem to ask for HELP and assistance in getting free of the tangled mess.
It is almost unheard of, for them to attack people in the ocean.
The occasions of them being aggressive towards people OR boats are very rare.

A couple pictures from the last couple days, up island from me:

Image may contain: ocean, sky, water, outdoor and nature

So many orcas not enough room to fit in the frame: A30s with A54s and A50s
Malcom Island (Northern Vancouver Island)
The letter and number combinations indicate the different pods,and orca members.

These two in the picture below are swimming off shore about 10 minutes walk from my home:
1600142526762.png
1600142860016.png
An orca near a whale-watching boat in the Salish Sea near Washington on July 31, 2015.

This story caught my attention, and due to the mention of the novel "The Swarm" by Frank Schatzing in an online discussion, I figured you all on the forum may see what I am seeing!
About the book, "The Swarm" From Amazon:
"Whales begin sinking ships. Toxic, eyeless crabs poison Long Island's water supply. The North Sea shelf collapses, killing thousands in Europe. Around the world, countries are beginning to feel the effects of the ocean's revenge as the seas and their inhabitants begin a violent revolution against mankind. At stake is the survival of the Earth's fragile ecology—and ultimately, the survival of the human race itself.

The apocalyptic catastrophes of The Day After Tomorrow meet the watery menace of The Abyss in this gripping, scientifically realistic, and utterly imaginative thriller."

So, in the novel, the cause of the problem is started by a mysterious, mythical, transforming single cell algae, or marine plankton.
This IS a real creature, and it is fascinating!
Here is a chart of what is suspected to go down with this little guy, under the right conditions:
1600140152179.png
The complex life cycle of Pfiesteria piscidica. Red = toxic stages, yellow = possibly toxic stages, blue = passive stages

Very little research on the human health effects of Pfiesteria toxins has been conducted.
Humans in contact with it have a varied and strange bunch of symptoms. which include:
  • memory loss
  • confusion
  • acute skin burning (on direct contact with water); or
  • three or more of an additional set of conditions (headaches, skin rash, eye irritation, upper respiratory irritation, muscle cramps, and gastrointestinal complaints (i.e., nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or abdominal cramps).
Sorry for digressing into the Weird Science stuff, but, I just find it so FASCINATING that these "Happenings" may really be life imitating art/literary Science fiction imitating life.

My point, is what if The Orcas are exhibiting the same type of "Information Download" that parallels the bizarre split in humanity, that we are documenting every day, here on the Forum?
Some people are expanding in consciousness, while others seem to be descending into madness and fear....

Attachments

• 1600142506675.png
    1600142506675.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 4
We have a new baby Orca out here on the West Coast!
The mama orca, Tahlequah, was a heartbreaker of a story, two years ago, when her little baby died.
There were many stories and pictures of her with her lifeless little calf, and I was afraid for her.

After years of studying Dr Hamers work, and the basis of Natural Laws, I deeply learned to trust the knowledge that Nature ensures that the trauma of such a huge loss CAN and will be cancelled, and completely healed IF the mother can replace the lost baby, either by conception or adoption, which Tahlequah did by successfully calving again.

The calf, J57, was spotted with its mother, J35 – also known as Tahlequah, a southern resident orca that carried her dead calf across the ocean for 17 days in 2018 – near Point Roberts, WA, on Tuesday.
It's a boy! New B.C. orca calf is 'healthy' male, researchers confirm
Published Wednesday, September 23, 2020
1601154231901.png
Orca calf J57, born in early September, is shown: (Sara Hysong-Shimazu/Maya's Legacy and the Pacific Whale Watch Association)
VICTORIA -- The newest southern resident killer whale calf to be born off B.C. has been confirmed as male, according to the Centre for Whale Research.

The research centre says J57 is a “feisty young boy” and was spotted “rolling, spyhopping, and swimming alongside his mother, who was actively foraging for food."

The orca calf is approximately three weeks old and has one brother, J47.

J47 was born in 2010, eight years before J35’s more recent calf died in 2018

I just heard from a friend tonight that they had seen the mother and her new calf while kayaking this past week off of the Gulf Islands. She and all her friends cried, it was such a beautiful sight. We are all so happy and hopeful for them!
Well, there is MORE good News!!
Another baby Orca has been born, AND the birth was witnessed by some very lucky people.
The gender of the baby orca is unknown at this time.
Geez, you all are gonna think I'm the Whale Nanny or something, LOL!
For me, it's just such a wonderful and exciting contrast to a lot of other things that are happening.

Baby orca
1601238814093.png
VICTORIA -- A second new baby orca has been born to a pod of endangered southern resident killer whales off Victoria.

The Pacific Whale Watch Association and the Washington-based Center for Whale Research say J-pod orca J41, also known as Eclipse, gave birth Thursday in waters southwest of B.C.'s capital city.

[...]

The newest calf is Eclipse's second after the birth of J51 in 2015.

Researchers say the birth was witnessed by naturalists Talia Goodyear and Leah Vanderwiel, as well as those aboard a whale watching vessel from Orca Spirit Adventures.

The vessel was returning from viewing dozens of humpbacks in the region when it came upon the lone pregnant orca southwest of Race Rocks, according to the association.

"After going under for several minutes, she reappeared, and this time it looked like she was pushing something with her rostrum [nose]," Goodyear said in a statement.

The naturalist described an "emotional rollercoaster" as observers initially thought the pregnant orca might be entangled.

"At which point the little one started surfacing on its own," Vanderwiel said. "It appeared to be a rambunctious little bundle of baby, as every surface was exaggerated and playful."

The naturalists say the mother and calf then headed southwest.

"It took a few minutes to realize what was actually happening, but then it was pure excitement realizing that it was a birth and the baby was very alive and boisterous," said Vanderwiel.[...]

🇮🇸 Beluga Sisters Take First Swim in Open-Sea Sanctuary

Sept 27 - Two former captive Beluga whales, Little Grey and Little White, have taken their first swim in their new open water sanctuary home in the Westman Islands of Iceland. The whales explored Klettsvík Bay for the first time under the watchful eye of their care team as part of their gradual release into the bay called the ‘Little Steps’ programme.

The two whales, who are sisters, were raised in captivity and thus cannot be fully released into the wild. Before arriving in Iceland in June 2019, the whales were housed in concrete tanks in a Shanghai amusement park. Their journey to Iceland involved a flight, truck, and ferry trips, and will be the subject of a documentary to air on ITV this October.

952742.jpg

The Westman Islands (Vestmannaeyjar)

“We’re delighted that Little Grey and Little White are now exploring the wider bay and adapting well to their new, natural, stimulating environment,” stated Cathy Williamson of Whale and Dolphin Conservation, one of several organisations behind the creation of the sanctuary. “As well as providing an exciting home for Little Grey and Little White, we look forward to welcoming other belugas here and encouraging the development of sanctuaries in other parts of the world. We hope this will mean that many of the more than 3,500 whales and dolphins held in captivity for shows and swim with attractions can be brought to sanctuaries to live more natural lives or be rehabilitated for a return to the wild.”

Little Grey and Little White’s journey involved many challenges: before the transport, the whales underwent a strict exercise regime to help them adjust to the conditions of their home-to-be. Since their arrival in Iceland, they have been housed in pools at the sanctuary as they adjust to the new conditions. The whales moved to bayside care pools in August and have now taken their first swim out in the wider bay, the next step toward introducing them gradually into their sanctuary home.

Source: Iceland Review

lx-ecv_02-e1547134303122.jpg

The CARGOLUX plane which transported the Beluga whales from China to Iceland in June 2019

Back
Top Bottom