A Powerful Message of Non-Violence and Love-A Review

B

Bert Thurston

I'm sharing this because I really feel that it may be a message that will "click" with some people and perhaps help them to recognize the cycles of violence that we American's as a nation have become trapped in and could thus be a wonderful way to spread this non-violence message.

Also, I admit that I do believe that Jesus Christ had a powerful message of love, non-violence and service to others and that following his trail of heart can be healing and helpful (no matter how much it was likely distorted or co-opted for political control purposes).

Anyhow, I'm also interested in what others may have to say about it. Thanks.

Movie Review of END OF THE SPEAR now playing in theaters, by Bert Thurston

This may be the most important movie about love and service to others in our decade! It’s fantastic. It is based upon the amazing true story of five missionaries and their families that gave their lives to save a tribe of native people in the Amazonian jungle of Ecuador. This is the story that has inspired several books, including Through the Gates of Splendor, The Savage My Kinsman and End of the Spear. Stephen Curtis Chapman’s hit album and concert tour, DECLARATION was motivated by and based in part upon this story.

This movie excels in three areas: 1.) The cinematography, acting and storytelling are first-rate. You won’t be disappointed. 2.) The message of non-violence and anti-war is brought out very potently. I believe this message is largely lost on our modern American community. This story is an excellent way to recover and share this message. 3.) The good news of Christ is told in a different yet simple, fresh, powerful fashion that is unfamiliar to us today.

One caveat, this movie is rated PG 13, and though it is about exemplifying and abolishing cycles of violence, there are graphic depictions of violence.

My wife Sharon and I saw the movie last night, Sunday, January 22, ’06 by the Lennox Mall at: the Phipps Plaza 14, 3500 Peachtree NE, Atlanta, Ga. 30326, 404-231-1492 and we both highly recommend it! Please tell a friend. Half of any profits from this movie go to helping native peoples.

More information on this movie (and locations where it is playing) can be found at: www.endofthespear.com or another review at: http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0002501.cfm

Back
Top Bottom