Advice needed - what to read first?

little beaver

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi to all i need some advice,im gonna read some books from gurdjieff,uspenski and mouravieff.Can any1 tell me is there any order to read this?Or is it irelavent

Re: Advice nedded

From the three, it is probably easiest to start with Ouspensky and 'In Search of The Miraculous'. Then proceed to Gurdjieff's own writing, and then Mouravieff.

You can find a list of recommended reading (which isn't exhaustive since new books keep entering the discussions all the time) in the thread Recommended Books: List and Guide (last update of thread in 2014).

From that list, there's a list of 4th Way books in the following order:

8. Fourth Way
The Wave Series (all volumes)8.1 - Laura Knight-Jadczyk
In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching8.2 - P.D. Ouspensky
Life Is Religion: 12 Daily Exercises for Mind, Body, and Soul8.3 - Quantum Future Group
Brain Changer: How Harnessing Your Brain's Power to Adapt Can Change Your Life - David DiSalvo4.1
Gnosis (all volumes)8.4 - Boris Mouravieff
Meetings with Remarkable Men - G.I. Gurdjieff
Life is Real Only Then, when "I am" - G.I. Gurdjieff
Tertium Organum8.5 - P.D. Ouspensky
Struggle of the Magicians8.6 - William Patterson
Gurdjieff and the Women of the Rope: Notes of Meetings in Paris and New York 1935-1939 and 1948-1949

Happy reading! :lkj:

Aragorn said:
From the three, it is probably easiest to start with Ouspensky and 'In Search of The Miraculous'. Then proceed to Gurdjieff's own writing, and then Mouravieff.

You can find a list of recommended reading (which isn't exhaustive since new books keep entering the discussions all the time) in the thread Recommended Books: List and Guide (last update of thread in 2014).

From that list, there's a list of 4th Way books in the following order:

8. Fourth Way
The Wave Series (all volumes)8.1 - Laura Knight-Jadczyk
In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching8.2 - P.D. Ouspensky
Life Is Religion: 12 Daily Exercises for Mind, Body, and Soul8.3 - Quantum Future Group
Brain Changer: How Harnessing Your Brain's Power to Adapt Can Change Your Life - David DiSalvo4.1
Gnosis (all volumes)8.4 - Boris Mouravieff
Meetings with Remarkable Men - G.I. Gurdjieff
Life is Real Only Then, when "I am" - G.I. Gurdjieff
Tertium Organum8.5 - P.D. Ouspensky
Struggle of the Magicians8.6 - William Patterson
Gurdjieff and the Women of the Rope: Notes of Meetings in Paris and New York 1935-1939 and 1948-1949

Happy reading! :lkj:

Thank u Aragorn,for ur advice.I start to read mouravieff gnosis vol1,before i think 1 month online(i just find this one in my language) i read it every morning it was intresting to me but few days ago i just stop.I read in that time that i was reading it half of the book 120 and some pages.Im not preasuring myself to read it more bcz i think that my mind cant understand lots of think thats says in the book.SO its better to stop,im not nervous abot that its just the way it is and i relly dont like to read books online.Im gonna try to find it in book store ok my mind is set :).Going to try to find Laura books first.

big thx again Aragorn

Hi little beaver,
For me it was easier to understand Mouraveief. I put myself work hypothesis that maybe it is because that I come from religious sphere and Mouravief got quite a few references to Christianity.
So for me it is:
Body type = Gourdjieff
Emotional = Mouravieff
Mind = Ouspensky

Hey little beaver, you've received some good recommendations already :) In this post you referred to Croatia, are you from Croatia yourself?

If yes, you may also be interested in the Croatian version of Sott: https://hr.sott.net/ You may have noticed we try to keep up with the world events here and this site will help you stay well informed :) If you prefer reading the news in English, there is a little flag symbol in the top left corner of the page. The flag corresponds to the language the site is available in and you can drop it down and switch it to English.

There is a facebook page as well: https://web.facebook.com/HR.SOTT.NET/ and https://web.facebook.com/SOTT.NET/

In your reply to Aragorn below you said that you started reading Mouravieff but you stopped as you couldn't understand many things. If I started with Mouravieff I most likely wouldn't get too far with it either. Laura's books provide a very useful platform from which books like this one can be better understood. This was certainly the case with me so I would highly recommend starting from The Wave series.

Enjoy the reading journey!! :read:

Thx for ur kind words ant22,yes im from croatia.I look at the soot its ok,but to be honest with u i rerlly look this kind of stuff becouse it makes me sad,nervious and a little angry.I rerlly look at news any more becouse im relly tired of this lies thay are presented(I MEAN MAINSTREAM MEDIA).I feel like this for 4 maybe 5 years, last 2 years is a little bit easier couse im doing sungazing so im pretty happy almoust all of the time. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Michal said:
Hi little beaver,
For me it was easier to understand Mouraveief. I put myself work hypothesis that maybe it is because that I come from religious sphere and Mouravief got quite a few references to Christianity.
So for me it is:
Body type = Gourdjieff
Emotional = Mouravieff
Mind = Ouspensky

Thx michal for ur advices,i relly dont know whan im gonna star reading becouse i have some other issues in my life.But i know im gonna do it and the time is relly irelavent,by my opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom