Agenda 21, "Smart Growth" and the IUCN

A

Al_uh_looyah

Hey folks,

I'm going to be interviewing Michael Coffman, who has written and spoken critically of "Smart Growth" and the World Conservation Union (aka IUCN). He says "Smart Growth " is basically a fraud, that it creates more gridlock, forces people into higher density communities, undermines property rights, and a host of other bad things. Just wondering if y'all have researched much of this angle and if so, to share any appropriate links.

As someone who is ecologically minded, and wishes the best for the biosphere, its a rude awaking to find that some (most?) environmental groups are part of the problem, not solution. specifically world wildlife fund, nature conservancy, sierra project, all which put open and wild spaces into private (or UN?) hands, forbidding human use of those places forever. The idea is to keep the people in cities where they are better controlled.

anyway, its past my bedtime but wanted to throw this question out there and invite ya to tune in, if you're in the mood. 6-8pm, PST, www.radioactiveradio.org if the recording works right, i'll stick a link to the show on this thread.

Al_uh_looyah said:
As someone who is ecologically minded, and wishes the best for the biosphere, its a rude awaking to find that some (most?) environmental groups are part of the problem, not solution. specifically world wildlife fund, nature conservancy, sierra project, all which put open and wild spaces into private (or UN?) hands, forbidding human use of those places forever. The idea is to keep the people in cities where they are better controlled.
Chances are that each of the above mentioned organizations started out on exactly the right track - and, yes, it is a rude awakening to witness how almost all potentially beneficial organizations end up infiltrated, undermined and ultimately led into service of the PTB.

http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2006/03/8954.php

here's the interview i conducted with Michael Coffman. I wasn't in the best shape, my voice was thrashed and my energy levels was way down, but there was some ok info on it, i guess.

Back
Top Bottom