Ahura Mazda

carpe Diem

This is only photo (on the contrary to others) which looked to me completely weird / odd. I don't think taking pictures late in the evening (if it was the case) or using expired Kodak would produce such effect. It's like combined image out of 2 to say the least. Where is the bottom half of their bodies? Even if it's a reflection in the mirror, it should be seen. And this strange shadowy figure in front of the boy in the right... What was he/she? doing? If that person performs a sacred ceremony, that should be Zoroastrian priest. Why figure is so shadowy?
The photo is made in the mourning but we switchted the light off. The fire is burning behind glass as it is 'holy' and nobody may appraoch this. This is not the original fire but still it burns quite a long time. Sources give different times for how long it is burning. The original fire is in Chak Chak.I have not been there unfortunatly.
The strange figure you see is mee taking a picture. Next to me is my friend taking a picture as well and some visitors.
The window reflects the door with red glass and parts of the Avesta(Book of the law) is hanging on the wall.
If you google on Avesta you find readingds about it. I dont have a closeup picture yet! My friend has them and as soon as I get them I can post.

Figure of Ahura Mazda clealy has an avian tail, so is it like avian nature versus reptilian?
and does later Bluebeard have some relevance to beard of Ahura Mazda?

Sorry for all these stupid questions; any good read on Tigris/ Euphrates myhology/symbolism would definitely help me here. In Fraser's "Golden Bough" Ahura Mazda isn't mentioned.
Why sorry? Of course not.
I did not see the Arhiman symbol but I did not watch for it. But I can remember in Perspolis I saw it somewhere as the Ahura Mazda symbol was there too a lot of times on huge pilars.

There are lots of explanations about the symbol. This link gives you the 'best'in my opinion.
[url=hhttp://www.crystalinks.com/faravahar.html]The 3 writen signs on the photo of the symbol are:Left= Good Thoughts, Right = Good deeds, under= Good words
This is writen in nowadays Farsi and not in Pahlavi wich was the ancient language.

There are a total of 5 such towers in Iran. Two in Yazd, two in Kerman and one in Tehran
I am not aware of 5 ecxiting Towers Of Silence. There must have been a lot more surely in Kerman wich is not so far from Yazd. Fire temples are more to be seen. For example in Esfahan, Naghs-erostam ( near Perspolis), the biggest and in West Azerbadjan.

I hope I answered your 'quetions'.
And I hope to that a new war will not destroy these places in iran!!!!!

Mareiki,
Thanks a lot for replying! Got your message why image indoors with burning sacred fire appeared so weird to me - fireplace is encapsulated in thick glass, that's why reflections of yourself and your friend are visible.
hhttp://www.crystalinks.com/faravahar.html
That link is something! It explained 2 circles Ahura Mazda is holding, enscriptions, and much more (all the way different from what I assumed). Thanks, Mareiki!
Seeing Laura photos on Auch cathedral was like being present there, and with your photos I had exactly the same feeling. Hope to see Esfahan and Yazd
myself one day. I have like a dozen textbooks on Arabic, but didn't proceed far beyond alphabet and "survival guide". Good point to fight laziness.

Back
Top Bottom