Amazon Payments-Card Fraud

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi everyone,

I ran across multiple fraudulent charges on my bank account from "Amazon Payments". It turns out I am not the only one, so you may want to check your account if you haven't in a while.

The charges ranged from $90, $91, $92, $93, $94 and $95.
The merchant location was 866-749-7545 which is for KickStarter.

If you discover you have any fraudulent charges, contact Amazon via telephone. Email and chat aren't secure, so they won't tell you much. Ask for an email itemizing each charge and the date. When I forwarded that to my bank, they returned the funds the next day. You might want to contact your bank first to find out what they may need.

And although it's a pain, do file a police report so the fuzz can track whoever did this down. I did mine over the phone. It took all of 3 minutes. Your bank will want the police report number too.

I hope you all didn't get ripped off, but just in case. :mad:

I had the same thing happen to me last Friday - Amazon Payments ran through three charges in the amount of $90, $92 and $90. None of these purchases were showing in my Amazon account and only found out when I realized my bank account was short.

I called Amazon immediately and they would not tell me who was responsible for the charges, nor would they stop this person from making additional charges. I had to deactivate my ATM card and file papers at the bank.

I emailed Amazon several times and finally received an email today confirming that the charges were fraudulent and they are reimbursing me.

The only place out of the ordinary that I have used the card was to purchase the Iron Elephant book at the BCH site here: http://www.bookch.com/details.taf?title=Iron%20Elephant%20%282nd%20Edition%29&book_id=658

Am not sure if their site is not secure or if the problem is elsewhere, but if you purchased from there and /or have any payment options saved at Amazon, I would check immediately.

The same thing happened to me last Friday, with Amazon Payments charging in packs of $92, $90, $93, $91 and $94 ($460.00 in total). None of these charges showed up on my Amazon account and I had no account with Amazon Payments (Amazon's version of Paypal).

I was, of course, furious because that was the day of my latest paycheck and that evening, it went down the drain under a few minutes and my entire bank account was empty. That's when they stopped taking money.

I emailed Amazon a few times and eventually I got a response where they told me that during their recent security review of transactions, they found an account was being opened with my card information in relation to another account. I sent this email information to my credit union and eventually I was credited back the charges. They have deactivated/cancelled my card and closed the bank account.

I had now since removed all of my card information from every website that had my information and the bank will be sending me a new card (which I will never use for any more online purchases). I am looking into getting a credit card since I've always been using a debit card for most of my adult life as that's what it was being charged on.

Hello guys!

Thanks for your thread, very useful for me. I've faced with a similar situation, but it was with paypal. it is terrible! I hate such card frauds, i saw the site vcharges with the claims on the companies who makes such transactions and frauds. There are so many, I was surprised. It is awful!

BorisDans said:
Hello guys!

Thanks for your thread, very useful for me. I've faced with a similar situation, but it was with paypal. it is terrible! I hate such card frauds, i saw the site vcharges with the claims on the companies who makes such transactions and frauds. There are so many, I was surprised. It is awful!

Yes it is. BorisDans, you have been asked to make an introduction post in a previous thread. Since you have not done so I am asking you again to do this. You can do it here. You don't have to put anything really personal in the post, just a little bit about yourself and how you found the forum. If you are unsure of how to do it, just read a few that have already been written on that board. We would all really like to get to know you a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom