American pop idol - join the army and win the show

Rich

The Living Force
I am sorry to say that I watched American idol last night on Asia (murdoch) Starworld (i'm not proud). There was a surprising focus on young wannabees who had military connections. One singer who 'made it through' to the next round in Hollywood won his Naval ship's own 'Reagan Idol' version (the ship is called Reagan). The notoriously mean Simon Cowell said, "you are not the best singer but people are going to like you. Yes you're through to Hollywood"

After a couple of rejects a young woman reserve dressed in full combats sang badly and got through too. We were treated to a sickening montage of photos of her husband in 'operation freedom' in Iraq. She told us how she couldn't wait to go to Iraq and get involved too. Again Simon Cowell said, "you are not the best singer but people are going to like you.". Outside the audition she kissed the photo of her fighting husband.

The message is clear. America is at War and you young people should come join in. It's fun and it's for freedom! eek.

Rich said:
I am sorry to say that I watched American idol last night
Well, it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it to keep the rest of us informed.

Rich said:
Outside the audition she kissed the photo of her fighting husband.
Perhaps, she did so well, because she practised kissing and caressing her cardboard hubby while he was on a freedom mission to exterminate evil and dangerous iraqis. She also taught her little kids to kiss carboard hero-daddy 'goodnight'.
Guys, it's sooo sick if my soul ever had 2 firing neurons to decide to incarnate on this dreadful planet. It didn't have any.

Laura said:
Well, it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it to keep the rest of us informed.
Horribly compelling watching the lengths people go to to be a 'star'. To me it was just so surprising to see this type of talent show used in this manner. Quite unexpected and out of sync . It was held in Minneapolis if that means anything to anyone.

Rich said:
The notoriously mean Simon Cowell said, "you are not the best singer but people are going to like you. Yes you're through to Hollywood"
The overtly aggressive, insensitive, self important, rude, obnoxious, obsessive, I'm deathly afraid of shirts with collars, Simon Cowell? I would have never guessed that he'd kowtow. There must have been some money involved. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom