Animals and ponerization

truth seeker said:
Maybe I took it the wrong way, but I saw the joke in the first set of quotes above as a jab at Southerners. Sort of like self deprecatory humor...

I work in a sales position and have to experience insulting, materialistic, and/or rude people a lot of the time from the people around here. It wasn't a joke, I was not making jabs and it was not just Southerners I was referring to. Definitely wasn't trying to insult anyone. It was stating a fact about who I come across about 75% of the time, whether they're from the north, south, east, west...etc

ethnicsoup said:
truth seeker said:
Maybe I took it the wrong way, but I saw the joke in the first set of quotes above as a jab at Southerners. Sort of like self deprecatory humor...

I work in a sales position and have to experience insulting, materialistic, and/or rude people a lot of the time from the people around here. It wasn't a joke, I was not making jabs and it was not just Southerners I was referring to. Definitely wasn't trying to insult anyone. It was stating a fact about who I come across about 75% of the time, whether they're from the north, south, east, west...etc

Sorry for the confusion, but the joke I was referring to was the second set of quotes I put in quotes, which was Laura's joke.

edit: clarification

It takes about 10kg of vegetation to make one 1kg of herbivore, then it takes roughly 10kg of herbivore to make 1kg of predator. To eat carnivores would require vast quantities of herbivore meat thus even vaster quantities of grass, leaves and so forth.

The other thing is. Our domestic animals were likely to be chosen because they can eat the stuff that we can't readily eat. Cows, sheep and goats convert grass to milk, skins, wool and meat, chickens turn grubs, and plants to meat and eggs. Pigs turn just about anything into skin and meat. Leave them out in a nice field, they'll do the rest.

Back
Top Bottom