Ark of the covenant and bogus history of the Jewish people

Laura said:
alkhemst said:
Came across an idea from Frank O'Collins that got my attention a while ago. He was basically saying that Judaism was constructed by Rome, around Vespasian's and Titus' reign as a religion for the elite. It was a religion that gave divine (dei) right to rule (Ius) as masters over slaves. So it was called "Iu-deism" and now Judaism. There's an obvious connection between that Latin root word that makes "judge" / "juristriction" etc. and "Judaism" "Judea". That's clearly not evidence but it sparked my curiosity.

Is that a completely crazy idea or is there any merit to it? Just curious what anyone thinks about it?

Where does he lay out his evidence? Is it compelling?
No the evidence isn't compelling, really never seen any with O'Collins. This stuck out for me reading him before but as far as I know it's his imagination at work. It stuck out not just because of the root word for law and right "ius", but that that's also a staple of Jewishness - having the law for the inner circle and the law for everyone else. Also, when Jerusalem was destroyed, there was mass death of Hebrews and thousands taken as slaves, their version of history was likely gone with them. Rome was also recently in shambles after Nero, so it might have been a ripe time to create a new religion with a "history", a typical way they were reigning in control it seems. Also the Jewish religious text was likely a work of collage, so there's a point in time it was made up. I really just don't know though, I'm probably connecting dots that aren't there, so thought I'd ask if there's anything to it. For now, I just put it in the bucket of interest, but probably made up until there's evidence to the contrary.

Back
Top Bottom