Arnie Gundersen - Nuclear power & CME/EMP

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
October 21st, 2014

The first presentation is called 'The Wave' which they must have got the idea from Laura's book series name, nevertheless, this is what the presentation is named and was delivered to 1600 chiropractors.

_http://www.fairewinds.org/wave/

There is also a full transcript.

Is nuclear power a sustainable or safe solution to ongoing energy demands around the world? Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen was invited to speak in August at The WAVE conference sponsored by Life Chiropractic College West. More than 1600 chiropractors attended the conference near San Francisco, California to hear speakers like Arnie Gundersen and Erin Brockovich talk about speaking truth to power.

For people following him, it is kind of an amalgamation of things he has discussed before.

https://vimeo.com/109378796

The second part (which has 2 parts) is interesting, too, as Arnie conducted interviews, with the first in September called 'Beautiful Skies with Devastating Repercussions' and the second 'Detonation in Space', with author, Mat Stein. Amongst other things, this interview enters into the business of electrical plasmas, which is well described in Pierre's book, Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection featured on SoTT.net, also.

The focus of these interviews below is upon CME/EMP effects to the electrical grids and on nuclear plants worldwide.

Transcript for the latter video is here _http://www.fairewinds.org/solarstorms-mat-stein/

Solar Storms: Sometimes the most beautiful natural phenomena can have devastating consequences. When the sun ejects hot charged particles into space, the Northern Lights are created here on Earth. Occasionally the sun erupts with huge quantities of particles (Coronal Mass Ejection) that can damage the earth’s electric systems. Renowned author Mat Stein and Arnie Gundersen discuss the dangers of a large coronal mass ejection on the electrical grid and on nuclear plants worldwide.

https://vimeo.com/105897911

https://vimeo.com/106531297

http://www.benjamindancer.com/Blog/2014/12/22/government-reports-conclude-us-will-die-power-goes/

“In a 2013 interview, Dr. Pry warned that an EMP attack could succeed in “eliminating us as a civilization.” To understand the magnitude of this threat, we have to understand what happens to a modern civilization when the power goes out. Put simply, it starves.
According to the Congressional EMP Commission, the grocery store will run out of food in 24 hours. There will be no more water in the faucet. The Commission describes how the nation’s transportation system will be compromised. The oil refineries are as vulnerable as the power grid. There won’t be enough fuel. Other critical systems will be threatened: banking and finance, telecommunications, emergency services and the government itself. Without electricity or fuel, at least some of the items in the prior sentence will simply cease to exist.
The Commission’s report states that food production will collapse.”

“If our centralized power grid is a threat to national security, if renewable energy and distributed generation make the country more secure, if renewables are good economics, and if renewable energy is a solution for which environmentalists advocate, what force is so powerful that it is keeping the nation from securing its own future?”

A PDF of The Congressional EMP Commission report:
http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

Hat tip to RadChick https://www.facebook.com/pages/RadChick-Radiation-Research-Mitigation/260610960640885?fref=nf

Maybe it is a 4d/3d STS force bent on securing its own future at the expense of everyone else. The power of the atom has gone to their head. The power of the atom kills the heart.

One of the things that is not far from mind, and I should have added this to the original post, is the more of late military space weapon posturing. As such, the words of Victor Clube could or should be noted:

We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!

A reveling article on this (amongst others) was highlighted on SoTT in 2012 - Reading Celestial Intentions Through the Wrong End of the Telescope: Missiles, UFOs and the Cold War

Either a CME or, an EMP event (perhaps more the latter) could well be made to fit as a military offensive cover within the aftermath of true celestial happenings.

voyageur said:
One of the things that is not far from mind, and I should have added this to the original post, is the more of late military space weapon posturing. As such, the words of Victor Clube could or should be noted:

We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions![/quote]

A reveling article on this (amongst others) was highlighted on SoTT in 2012 - Reading Celestial Intentions Through the Wrong End of the Telescope: Missiles, UFOs and the Cold War

Either a CME or, an EMP event (perhaps more the latter) could well be made to fit as a military offensive cover within the aftermath of true celestial happenings.

voyageur,

Thank you for the video links to talks by Arnie Gundersen and Matthew Stein. I was thinking about CMEs and EMPs when I saw your topic here. It is very sobering material but I need to see more of the reality of the situation even if it is not very cheerful sometimes.

I was thinking about making a small kind of a Faraday cage to protect some of the data on my external hard drives. I don't know if that is just too much 3D thinking or not. It is a possibility to maybe keep at least some small items in a protective box I suppose. But I think with all the "dramatic change" coming it is almost overwhelming trying to choose what is most important.

Anyway, I have been to Three Mile Island on a tour of the facility not long after the melt down was "under control". I even interviewed for a technical librarian position there (didn't get the job-whew!). My daughter, husband and grandchildren live not that far from there. So it concerns me thinking of the nuclear plants that could fail without the power grid.

On the tour I watched the repair robot on camera a little bit. Of course they tried to make everything seem safe and under control. The cooling towers have reinforced concrete 3 feet thick and can withstand the impact of a plane etc.. Let's just say after they explained all the safety issues I just left feeling it must be a very dangerous technology or they would not try so hard with the sales pitch. :(

And I think your last comment about "We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!"
may be the way the STS PTB will try to cover the Cosmic PTB and take credit and say everything is "under control". :/

Edit=Quote

Hiyas goyacobol, maybe you could get a small bar fridge and use it as a Faraday cage for your techo gear.
Just make sure that the Earthing is really good. The fridge would have to be plugged in, but not necessarily turned on.

Your house should have an earth stake into the ground with the earth from your power circuit strongly attached to it.

MusicMan said:
Hiyas goyacobol, maybe you could get a small bar fridge and use it as a Faraday cage for your techo gear.
Just make sure that the Earthing is really good. The fridge would have to be plugged in, but not necessarily turned on.

Your house should have an earth stake into the ground with the earth from your power circuit strongly attached to it.

MusicMan,

Thanks for the idea (it sounds cool :lol: :cool:). I have also heard that a used microwave oven might work as a Faraday cage too. I guess the Earthing/grounding might be the biggest factor. I have a generator that is grounded by the electrician who set up the safety switch to the main breaker box. Does the outlet turned off act as an adequate ground? :huh:

goyacobol said:
I was thinking about making a small kind of a Faraday cage to protect some of the data on my external hard drives. I don't know if that is just too much 3D thinking or not. It is a possibility to maybe keep at least some small items in a protective box I suppose. But I think with all the "dramatic change" coming it is almost overwhelming trying to choose what is most important.

Goyacobol: if the power grid gets taken out by a massive CME or EMP, losing you hard drive data is likely to be the smallest of your problems...

rs said:
goyacobol said:

Goyacobol: if the power grid gets taken out by a massive CME or EMP, losing you hard drive data is likely to be the smallest of your problems...

rs,

Yep, I know what you mean. I am struggling to see what is really important every day now. Mind mind is going in all kinds of directions. How are you doing with choosing the most important directions to go? :huh: It is probably on many our minds. :/

goyacobol said:
rs,

Yep, I know what you mean. I am struggling to see what is really important every day now. Mind mind is going in all kinds of directions. How are you doing with choosing the most important directions to go? :huh: It is probably on many our minds. :/
Well, as the great philosopher Yogi Berra once said: "it is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future". In the apocalypse, I am of an age where it is not likely I will be able to meaningfully contribute to "re-population efforts". I personally do not think sheer survival is the most important outcome, so if it comes to pass that "my time is up", so be it. I do not have the skills to live in the 18th century, nor am I likely to be able to learn them in time. I believe my role when the SHTF is to try and act as much as possible as a calming influence and get people to think instead of just emotionally react. People are likely to be extremely on edge and panicked and being in that state is not helpful for anybody. I don't think one truly can prepare for the actuality of it all. You have to learn to ski as the Cs stated: change direction as necessary, avoid obstacles that arise, be in the moment, keep your eyes open, your knees bent and your stance ready (i.e. don't lock yourself down), etc.

I think that all of the "preppers" are going to be in for a rude awakening when they discover that they prepared for the "wrong thing".

rs said:
goyacobol said:
rs,

Well, as the great philosopher Yogi Berra once said: "it is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future". In the apocalypse, I am of an age where it is not likely I will be able to meaningfully contribute to "re-population efforts". I personally do not think sheer survival is the most important outcome, so if it comes to pass that "my time is up", so be it. I do not have the skills to live in the 18th century, nor am I likely to be able to learn them in time. I believe my role when the SHTF is to try and act as much as possible as a calming influence and get people to think instead of just emotionally react. People are likely to be extremely on edge and panicked and being in that state is not helpful for anybody. I don't think one truly can prepare for the actuality of it all. You have to learn to ski as the Cs stated: change direction as necessary, avoid obstacles that arise, be in the moment, keep your eyes open, your knees bent and your stance ready (i.e. don't lock yourself down), etc.

I think that all of the "preppers" are going to be in for a rude awakening when they discover that they prepared for the "wrong thing".

rs,

Since I didn't know that much about you, your "calming influence" had a kind of "shock" effect on me (too much "prepper" mode?). Like how can you just be so calm. I searched through your previous posts to see what brought you to the point that you could have that point of view.

Luckily I found your post on the Transitions book by William Bridges. I was deeply moved by the whole post. I think others would benefit greatly by reading it (hope you don't mind if I use you for a reference in the future). I think you have much wisdom earned by your life experience. It was difficult to choose only a portion but I'll include the following quote from August 16, 2008:

Transitions

Now how can be reading about all of the horrible things in our modern world be "fun"? Well, the plight of the Palestinians is not "fun" nor is the manipulations leading up to this latest Georgian skirmish or the build-up to Armageddon as played out in nuclear fire over Iran. But to comprehend it all you cannot pick and choose where your lessons come from. You cannot choose the positive, warm and fuzzy lessons and avoid the ugly "evil" messy lessons. They are all part of the path, and if you discard the uncomfortable lessons, you will be lead down the wrong pathway, usually to someone else's benefit.

Based on my current situation and on what I took away from reading "Transitions", I see what happens to people in this forum in a different light, and am a bit more sympathetic to those whose struggles play out in these postings. (I am not referring to those obvious disinformation artists or those with a clear disruptive agenda). Many people start postings with references to "belief". These are individuals who are not allowing themselves to fully comprehend and embrace their own internal transition, but instead are rushing from one end to another beginning without the pause that is required to reflect on things. This is why when you die, and one life ends, you transition to 5th density, the reflection zone, to contemplate where you were and where you need to go. As above, so below. Here in the microcosm of our own lives we need to manage our own transitions, and perhaps the most important transition is to wake up from slumber and begin to see the world for what it really is.

You need to end your sleep, transition through the fog of wakefulness, and begin to see the true "terror of the situation" all the while remembering that "learning is fun".

Thank you for sharing that experience on the forum. It really put so much in perspective for me.

Your footnote is interesting too:

"You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?
Neo: Because I choose to.

With all your sense of purpose as "a calming influence" how does your footnote fit into your overall view as you see it now? Do you side with Mr. Anderson or Neo? Or maybe just look at them as archetypes of the waking sleepers?

And I do like the reference to skiing above but due to my penchant for quoting by reference I will include that to which I think you are referring:

(Andromeda) Usually not anything we can't figure out ourselves. Hmm, while we're waiting: Do you have any other advice for us?

A: How good are you at skiing?

Q: (Data) I'm good at skiing! [laughter]

(L) What kind of question is that?

A: You may need such skills soon.

Q: (L) What's that supposed to mean?

A: Wait and see!

As the first reference to emphasize the skills part I think it may be BHelmet here:

BHelmet said:
Thoughts on skiing: What are the general characteristics of skiing and the skills involved?

Gravity gives speed; balance is key; zigging back and forth; quick thinking; looking ahead; choosing a good path; avoiding obstacles and pitfalls.

And to give credit where credit is most certainly true!:

rs said:
A: How good are you at skiing?
The Cs are known for having a sense of humor. My take on this was not necessarily a literal suggestion to learn to ski, but more of a metaphoric suggestion that rapid climate changes are afoot, changes that will require a need for new skills. If sudden glacial rebound occurs, we will need to learn more than to simply be able to ski... (However, I am not sure how to interpret this in the context of "big changes in the next four months".)

It reminds me of the Bill Cosby routine "Noah" where Noah asks his neighbor "How long can you tread water? Ha, Ha."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyc1315KawQ

[From an earlier time, when Bill's reputation was not in collapse.]

I think now that more than just expecting cold weather that the new skills for riding waves may be what the Cs were trying to tell us. There is after all water skiing too. ;D

rs said:
I personally do not think sheer survival is the most important outcome, so if it comes to pass that "my time is up", so be it. I do not have the skills to live in the 18th century, nor am I likely to be able to learn them in time. I believe my role when the SHTF is to try and act as much as possible as a calming influence and get people to think instead of just emotionally react. People are likely to be extremely on edge and panicked and being in that state is not helpful for anybody. I don't think one truly can prepare for the actuality of it all. You have to learn to ski as the Cs stated: change direction as necessary, avoid obstacles that arise, be in the moment, keep your eyes open, your knees bent and your stance ready (i.e. don't lock yourself down), etc.

Hi rs,

Great perspective. In critical emergencies, panic usually means death.

And I sometimes think preparing for the "wrong thing" is worse than preparing for "no-thing." Energy consumed for no real purpose. And expectations--anticipations--gone awry. The "awakening" will then be rude, although awakening is probably the wrong description.

I come at things from the eastern as well as western perspective. I was simply born into that predicament. Presently I find my preparations nudging me a bit more east than west. I find greater comfort through those efforts--the aim of which is simplicity. If one clings to nothing ... then there can't be a fear of loss, whether it be family or goods. That said, I believe true faith is universal. And specific paths merely an expression of individual preference.

As Laura remarked, each of us will get it, in our own time, in our own way. There isn't a general formula.

FWIW, I think your reflections above, and your acceptance of whatever may come--is also slightly tilted east as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom