Alana said:
Yet the question that can't leave my mind is: How are the non-violent, non-war loving people to fight back, for their lives, and the lives of those they love, if faced by violent and war-loving armed people who threaten their existence, their way of living?

If ever i, or someone i love, or somebody i don't even know but unjustly find themselves at gun point, or we are being threatened by drones, or some other horrific life taking weapon, i'd surely would like to have something to fight back! Some means, some weapons, something! Perhaps as long as the world is at the shape it is, it is inevitable not to use violence in order to protect oneself and others, as horrible as the idea of violence might sound to me.

I really hope there is another way, which i haven't thought of yet.

I think once again the key is the context, the rule of 3. (Paraphrasing:) There is good, there is bad, and there is the particular situation that determines which is which.
To quote from the Wave:
The Cassiopaeans have said that one should not “act against” the forces of darkness, but that rather one should “act FOR” one’s own destiny. In a very practical sense this can even include physically extricating oneself from any number of unpleasant situations, even with force if necessary. If someone is trying to kill you or someone you love, and it is YOUR perception of your destiny, or you feel it is your responsibility to prevent that, then it is entirely within the parameters of “acting for one’s own destiny” to do whatever is necessary to save your life or the lives of others.

Alana said:
Yet the question that can't leave my mind is: How are the non-violent, non-war loving people to fight back, for their lives, and the lives of those they love, if faced by violent and war-loving armed people who threaten their existence, their way of living?

Hi Alana,
I am not saying this article gives a definite answer to your questions but I think it is food for thoughts

Arun Gandhi and "The jews"

Arun has given many speeches about non-violence in many countries. During his tour of Israel and Palestine in 2004, he urged the Palestinians to resist Israeli occupation peacefully to assure their freedom. He proposed to the Palestinian Parliament a peaceful march of 50,000 Palestinian refugees across the Jordan River to return to their homeland in Palestine, and said MPs should lead the way.

Arun stated:
What would happen? Maybe the Israeli army would shoot and kill several. They may kill 100. They may kill 200 men, women and children. And that would shock the world. The world will get up and say, 'What is going on?'

Given the brutal conditions under which the Palestinians are being forced to live, attacked and murdered on a daily basis, Arun's proposal for the solution of the Palestinian question makes good sense. Rather than be picked off, one by one by the Israeli military and have their deaths ignored by the mainstream media, why not undertake such a march, and potential sacrifice, and increase the chances that the world would be forced to sit up and take notice?
An act of this type is very probably what the ordinary Palestinian people, both in Palestine and elsewhere, would decide upon if ordinary Palestinians had any say in their future.
But Palestinians today have no real voice, no true representation, their political leadership having been infiltrated and co-opted long ago by the forces of the state of Israel. Israel calls all the shots and carefully stage-manages both sides in its one-sided 'war' against the Palestinian people.

Tigersoap said:
Hi Alana,
I am not saying this article gives a definite answer to your questions but I think it is food for thoughts

Arun Gandhi and "The jews"

Arun has given many speeches about non-violence in many countries. During his tour of Israel and Palestine in 2004, he urged the Palestinians to resist Israeli occupation peacefully to assure their freedom. He proposed to the Palestinian Parliament a peaceful march of 50,000 Palestinian refugees across the Jordan River to return to their homeland in Palestine, and said MPs should lead the way.

Arun stated:
What would happen? Maybe the Israeli army would shoot and kill several. They may kill 100. They may kill 200 men, women and children. And that would shock the world. The world will get up and say, 'What is going on?'

Given the brutal conditions under which the Palestinians are being forced to live, attacked and murdered on a daily basis, Arun's proposal for the solution of the Palestinian question makes good sense. Rather than be picked off, one by one by the Israeli military and have their deaths ignored by the mainstream media, why not undertake such a march, and potential sacrifice, and increase the chances that the world would be forced to sit up and take notice?
An act of this type is very probably what the ordinary Palestinian people, both in Palestine and elsewhere, would decide upon if ordinary Palestinians had any say in their future.
But Palestinians today have no real voice, no true representation, their political leadership having been infiltrated and co-opted long ago by the forces of the state of Israel. Israel calls all the shots and carefully stage-manages both sides in its one-sided 'war' against the Palestinian people.

I can't help but think, that in the world the way it is today, this would not really do much good. Maybe it would, but after seeing what happened in Operation Cast Iron, the MSM did the lying it always does, presents things in a pro-Israel way, making it seem as, is always the case, Israel is just defending itself.

With the media ponerized, and the secret Israeli agents that are located in Palestine, I could see a march like this being taken over by provocateurs who would throw things, or shoot at Israeli soldiers making it so, once again, the Israelis would be able to "defend" themselves from the mass of Palestinian terrorists. I could be way off on this, but this is what comes to mind when I read the above.

I really am of the opinion that violence creates violence, and yet, if my loved ones were threatened, if I couldn't think of any other way of protecting them from harm, I would do violence against the attacker. BUT, if there was a way to out-think and out-maneuver the attackers, that would be the way to go. But what is this way to out-think and out-maneuver?

This is on my mind on and off. I don't know the answer, but maybe someone will come up with it.

Let's face it, those who are in charge of this world are either psychopaths or ponerized and psychopathic-like themselves. They do not care about talking and making peace. Look at the U.S. and Israel. Peace negotiations is nothing more than a facade to make everyone else believe that they are really trying, but those dag-blamed Moslim terrorists just don't want peace. It is nothing more than show and they, then go on with their killing and destroying and maiming. How do you negotiate with that?

Too many people are asleep, hypnotized by the evil magician. They cannot see what is really happening and until they do, nothing will change. And this movie, as much as I agree that it shows just how murderous the Military-Industrial-Complex is, is giving out the wrong message - violence does not stop violence. It just breeds revenge and retaliation.

I don't want to take away from the discussion- but it's about Avatar so..

The other day my bf and I decided to finally go see Avatar, since the hype is died down now. We wanted to go see the 2D- but we found out that all the theaters in BC are only playing it in 3D. There is no more option for the 2D viewing. I found this to be interesting considering all the things stated about 3D movies. So we didn't go see it- going to have to wait for it to go on DVD.

I was wondering if it's the same way everywhere?

On yet a completely different note, check out the cute little flying Indonesian lizard that's supposed to look like a mini-version of the dragons in Avatar:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/02/tiny-dragon-indonesia-like-avatar.php

tiny-dragon-lizard-indonesia-photo1.jpg

tiny-dragon-lizard-indonesia-photo2.jpg

Deedlet said:
I don't want to take away from the discussion- but it's about Avatar so..

The other day my bf and I decided to finally go see Avatar, since the hype is died down now. We wanted to go see the 2D- but we found out that all the theaters in BC are only playing it in 3D. There is no more option for the 2D viewing. I found this to be interesting considering all the things stated about 3D movies. So we didn't go see it- going to have to wait for it to go on DVD.

I was wondering if it's the same way everywhere?

Currently I'm staying in a pretty small town and there is now the pronunciation in front of the local cinema, a built up structure out of timber with a banner, because it didn't fit elsewhere: "Now, movies in 3D", written in big red letters.
As I saw it yesterday, I only thought is that a joke?

Shijing said:
On yet a completely different note, check out the cute little flying Indonesian lizard that's supposed to look like a mini-version of the dragons in Avatar:
[...]

Beautiful find.

Nienna Eluch said:
I can't help but think, that in the world the way it is today, this would not really do much good. Maybe it would, but after seeing what happened in Operation Cast Iron, the MSM did the lying it always does, presents things in a pro-Israel way, making it seem as, is always the case, Israel is just defending itself.

With the media ponerized, and the secret Israeli agents that are located in Palestine, I could see a march like this being taken over by provocateurs who would throw things, or shoot at Israeli soldiers making it so, once again, the Israelis would be able to "defend" themselves from the mass of Palestinian terrorists. I could be way off on this, but this is what comes to mind when I read the above.
I feel the same way. The scenario you have described is all too real and has perhaps been enacted all over the world quite a few times. Gandhian tactics of passive resistance, non-cooperation etc are based on appealing to the higher nature of the adversary and/or the world at large so that either the oppressors feel shame at what they have done and change their ways or the rest of the world puts pressure on the oppressors to change their ways. It may work on ponerized people who have a sleeping conscience but are not likely to work when psychopaths have gained control of the major functions of a society. MK Gandhi's tactics were successful to a degree in India's struggle against colonial rule but it is quite doubtful whether India would have gained independence solely based on Gandhian agitation. It was England's devastation in the second world war that perhaps played the biggest role in India gaining independence.

Nienna Eluch said:
I really am of the opinion that violence creates violence, and yet, if my loved ones were threatened, if I couldn't think of any other way of protecting them from harm, I would do violence against the attacker. BUT, if there was a way to out-think and out-maneuver the attackers, that would be the way to go. But what is this way to out-think and out-maneuver?

This is on my mind on and off. I don't know the answer, but maybe someone will come up with it.
I do not have answers but I have been plagued by this question a lot. My current thinking is that self-defense is the natural fact of life as we know it. When the body fights against invading pathogens to maintain its life force, it is self-defense even though from the pathogen's point of view it may look like violence. How to out-smart the pathogens? For this we need to watch diet and ensure that pathogens cannot get in. But in this example, I cannot help but wonder that a knowledge/involvement of a higher cosmos (using Ouspensky's terminology) or higher awareness (3D awareness against 2D attackers) is needed to protect the physical body in a way that preserves the body without resorting to actual physical violence against pathogens.
What is true at the microscopic level can perhaps be extrapolated to the level of the society. At the level of human interactions, when life is being threatened and no other options exist, it is natural to fight for self defense. Out-smarting the attackers without any physical violence would mean developing a high enough awareness and knowledge to avoid potentially life threatening situations. But here again I feel that to be completely effective, we need something approaching 4D awareness - the ability to see what is unseen at the normal 3D level. If such an awareness is present then the problems are prevented from growing in to life threatening proportions.
In the context of the movie, if the shamans/seers of the tribe were able to foresee the potential arrival of the dark forces attracted by the presence of "unobtainium", then they could perhaps figure out a way to camouflage this mineral signature from being picked up by mechanical instruments. There was some mention of natural bioenergetic energy vortexes which messed up automated flying instruments. So the possibility for such a scheme to hide the "unobtainium" perhaps existed in their universe - but it would have required a far greater awareness/knowledge than what was depicted in the movie. And off course, there would be no "movie" in such a case. :)

tiny-dragon-lizard-indonesia-photo2.jpg

This reminds me of the ads I'm seeing on TV now: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, a new computer-animated adventure comedy by DreamWorks Animation. In theaters March 26.

I've always liked small reptiles - frogs, salamanders, newts, toads, lizards, turtles, green snakes, and geckos (saw lots of these in the sand/beach grass area by our rented Myrtle Beach condo one year). I once found an extremely small toad - the size of a small fingernail! I could hardly believe it was real! I did (stupidly and thoughtlessly) bring it home (I was a teenager), but did soon realize it was a mistake and felt the only thing I could do would be to release it to the back yard and hope for the best. Probably very unlikely it survived. I made the same mistake with another salamander and a purchased turtle (the kind that were commonly sold years ago with the plastic bowl and tiny, plastic palm tree; mine was in an aquarium with part 'land' and part water environment). The salamander was in a stage of development of being mostly orange - a new and fascinating discovery for me! Not surprisingly, it did not thrive outside its natural environment. And store bought turtle was released to a pond containing similar turtles after it became apparent that its health was declining. I finally and much belatedly, decided to do the reptiles (and pet fish) a favor, and stop acquiring them and just admire them from afar and in their natural habitat! I guess I wasn't meant to be a biologist either.

obyvatel said:
What is true at the microscopic level can perhaps be extrapolated to the level of the society. At the level of human interactions, when life is being threatened and no other options exist, it is natural to fight for self defense. Out-smarting the attackers without any physical violence would mean developing a high enough awareness and knowledge to avoid potentially life threatening situations. But here again I feel that to be completely effective, we need something approaching 4D awareness - the ability to see what is unseen at the normal 3D level. If such an awareness is present then the problems are prevented from growing in to life threatening proportions.
In the context of the movie, if the shamans/seers of the tribe were able to foresee the potential arrival of the dark forces attracted by the presence of "unobtainium", then they could perhaps figure out a way to camouflage this mineral signature from being picked up by mechanical instruments. There was some mention of natural bioenergetic energy vortexes which messed up automated flying instruments. So the possibility for such a scheme to hide the "unobtainium" perhaps existed in their universe - but it would have required a far greater awareness/knowledge than what was depicted in the movie. And off course, there would be no "movie" in such a case. :)

I can't help thinking now that I am rereading what I wrote and your reply, that the C's would probably say, "You are thinking in 3D thinking. You do not see the greater picture. Only the body dies, the soul is what matters." ;)

Nienna Eluch said:
I can't help thinking now that I am rereading what I wrote and your reply, that the C's would probably say, "You are thinking in 3D thinking. You do not see the greater picture. Only the body dies, the soul is what matters." ;)

Hi Nienna,

Like you I have no clear idea about what I would do in such situation or what could be the best option for the Palestinians right now, I truly have no idea.
Seems to me like something way above our heads is going on with the Palestinians and it need to be resolved.
What is it going to take for the outrage to reach the tipping point ?

I still think it's wrong to use Avatar to depict what's going on there and in other parts of the world because it has nothing to do with the real situation.

Thank you all for your replies and the quotes. More food for thought definitely! I surely don't have anything to add myself, but i find the idea of obyvatel about increasing our awareness in order to be able to foresee the dangers so we can avoid them, a hopeful one! What else to do than continue on this path then? ;)

Nienna Eluch said:

True, but we will need few more years in the body at least in order to be able to grow that seed of soul, provided we have it, no? :halo:

Alana said:
Nienna Eluch said:

True, but we will need few more years in the body at least in order to be able to grow that seed of soul, provided we have it, no? :halo:
I think it is not for just this incarnation but for other incarnations as well that a creature ( created being) needs to struggle to maintain its earthly life. The divine engendering command "BE" gives the right to every created being to exist. The creature is born in the body to learn some lessons - so I think it is within its divine rights to fight for the preservation of its body. How the the creature acts in favor of its destiny - whether it does fight for the preservation of the body and if it does, then what methods are applied and their associated karmic consequences are governed by the law of 3 as stated in Luthien's post. Consciously sacrificing one's life for a higher/altruistic purpose that benefits others may be an example of a felicitous or STO action. Giving up one's life without a struggle when confronted with a predator in a situation where there is no higher purpose/benefit to others but only the desire to be non-violent or the belief that the body does not matter could be an example of a STS action. OSIT.

Hi to all,

Recently I have been looking at Gandhi's non-violence strategies, and I must say they are really interesting. On the other hand, Gandhi himself says if you feel threatened and humiliated and you can't pursue non-violence way, you should use violence because doing otherwise it would be cowardice, running away from fight which is more dangerous. When that Arun Gandhi bit appeared on Sott I was thinking that, and then I saw Norman Finkelstein talked about the same thing in a conference. He was answering a question about Arun Gandhi's solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkOrc1zySmQ

I don't advocate violence either, and I do think violence only brings violence. On the other hand, Palestinians can't be forced to use non-violence if it isn't in them, osit.

And as for the threat to a loved one, I think in a situation like that, it is really important to determine who is asking what. Maybe the attacker made all wrong choices in his/her life, brainwashed to harm your loved ones, yet he might want to be stopped on a higher level. By letting him/her do what he/she likes, you are preventing the lesson, and more importantly, as he/she continues to attack others and harm them,you are doing a disservice to everybody who is attacked by him/her. And at that point your loved one might be asking to live, to experience more.

On the other hand, it could be the other way around. Attacker has karmic issues with your loved one, and your loved one is asking to be harmed for repaying his/her debt on a higher level. In that context you are preventing the necessary lessons for both of them. I don't think we can decide such things with our current understanding. In such a case, we can only do what is in us to do, unless our knowledge and ability to See expands to answer the questions above.

P.S: As I wrote this, obyvatel posted, I tend to agree with his post, I think it is a good point. Running away in such a case is cowardice and STS action.
Just my two cents, fwiw.

Hi, just saw the 3D movie today. I agree that the 3D viewing experience quickly and deeply puts one in a trance state. I think once you realise it is designed to do this you can protect yourself from it. Knowledge protects etc.

For me, the movie touched on many of the problems facing the world as discussed in previous posts. Nothing new there especially for a reader of SOTT and probably a lot of the general public.

I think that such a popular movie has just got to be disinformation. I would posit that it would be basically directed at the percentage of the population that has soul potential(most of whom are well asleep) and not OP's because they don't need that much controlling. For that group of "asleep" soul potential people I believe the take home message is a reinforcement of the controlled Environmental meme.

My take on the movie is that it is keeping peoples focus on issues that are already out there and well contained. There is nothing new. As Laura said in a post recently(paraphrase), it is not smoking that is killing people, but the air, water and food we eat that is. Put that idea in such an emotional movie and it might open a can of worms like say climategate has.

Back
Top Bottom