Awake and aware singles

Darquestarr said:
To my original question, a simple no would have been enough.
Given what this forum is about, a simple no might have negated an opportunity for you to know.

You claim to be "new to the forum but not this site or the Cassiopaean site." If so, then you should know that this forum is not shy when it comes to pointing out sacred cows, hypocrisy, manipulation, projection, and other STS (Service to Self) behaviors from newbies and veterans alike. It's not meant to skewer; it's meant to inform, helping someone to discover their real motives and mechanical excuses.

Darquestarr said:
When one finally recognizes the self-comforting lies told to themselves and others, there is a possibility for true change and understanding. Initially, the process of discovery through group mirroring is rarely accepted without a fight (and a myriad of excuses!) from one's deep-seated sense of self-importance as forum members who are still here can attest to via observation and/or personal experience.

PepperFritz said:
I hope you make the decision to return and explore these issues further within the context of this kind of a network. You will be welcomed. But you won't be coddled.
Well stated. I think many forum members would agree with that statement

Darquestarr, the replies by all the forum members so far are actually EXACTLY what "you", the real "you" in you is looking for, the knowledge that "you" seek, the "real" red pill. As long as you take things too personal too quick and mistake your personality for the real "I", you are bound to go in circles and you will also not be any more happy with a new relationship.
To post a thread with the headline "Awake and aware singles" and then saying that you do not look for a girlfriend makes not much sense, just by simple common sense and logic. That is just what is being pointed out to you among other things.

If you really know this site and the material that is being discussed here, than you'd also understand what everyone is really telling you here and what is meant by your real "I" as opposed to your false "I", the predator mind and STS vs. STO.
No one on here is any better than any one else. Everyone is working towards to same goal, to awaken and see objective truth in the world and in oneself. If someone is caught up in personal subjectivity, he/she is being made aware of it by other members of this forum, as in your case and as it has been in many other cases as well, my own subjectivity and blind spots included. That is the REASON why I'm here, to check myself with the help of a group that work towards the same aim of awakening. This is no pseudo new age "visualize and think happy thoughts" way of dealing with unpleasant insights or feeding your ego and un-examined desires in a "create your own reality" (a.k.a STS) fashion. It is true work and it can be painful and tough at times. There are no short cuts. Everyone is dealing with their own predator in different ways and sometimes same ways.

Back to my initial question. You said you are not new to this site. What have you read on here or Cassiopaea.org? Are you familiar with the works of Gurdijeff, Mouravieff or other esoteric teachings as discussed on here? What does it mean for you to be "awake" and what do you mean by "get it"?........because so far, you don't seem to get "it" at all. It's your choice to work through this or leave. NormaRegula said it well:

NormaRegula said:
When one finally recognizes the self-comforting lies told to themselves and others, there is a possibility for true change and understanding. Initially, the process of discovery through group mirroring is rarely accepted without a fight (and a myriad of excuses!) from one's deep-seated sense of self-importance as forum members who are still here can attest to via observation and/or personal experience."

Ryan said:
Johnson's solution to the problem of romantic obsession is simply to consciously withdraw projecting one's anima and give it a place in one's inner life, which leads to a feeling of being complete as one already is. The price that is paid is that people might not seem as "thrilling" or "beautiful" or "mysterious" or "sexy" as they did before, but the reward is in being able to see them more closely to what they actually are - which can be the basis of real affection and long-term commitment on a solid foundation.

Easier said than done, I'm sure, but it makes sense to me.
Ryan, I could not agree more. From my own experiences, 'being in love' was basically always a STS-driven emotion (from both sides). Transforming such feelings in what Johnson calls 'real affection' seems to be extremely difficult with a program running that screams for romantic fireworks. A couple of months ago I put a friendship on hold just for this reason. Thanks for the reading tip, I'll try to get a hand on Johnson's book.

Back
Top Bottom