Back in business

sToRmR1dR said:
Thank you all for the support, but unfortunately I have bad news.

I've met my supervisor today, and after the second meeting, I've made decision to quit,because I have been transferred from the billing department to the warehouse!

Tomorrow is my last day at work,and I am very grateful, because my saga at the company comes to an end! :)

I'm sorry to hear you are back to job search, that must be really disappointing for you. Did they give you reasons why the sudden change occured?

I take it the conditions in the warehouse aren't something you could accept and then continue to search for another role while working there? That's what I would do but you seem to have family support that can keep you going financially - I don't, so the prospect of unemployment seems scary to me personally.

Also, I know you have previous experience with longer term unemployment and I do hope you can avoid that this time.

sToRmR1dR said:

I've met my supervisor today, and after the second meeting, I've made decision to quit,because I have been transferred from the billing department to the warehouse!

Tomorrow is my last day at work,and I am very grateful, because my saga at the company comes to an end! :)

I am very sorry to read this as well, sToRmR1dR! That reminds me of another post of yours where you initially started a job in an environment that initially seemed to be good, only to then be referred to a toxic working environment.

Like Ant22 I wonder if the conditions in the warehouse in combination with your health issues are what made you quit?

If your health issues defined the case: Have you considered to share your concerns with your supervisor and to negotiate with him/her the possibility of a working position (like the one you thought to have originally signed the contract for) that is less detrimental for your health? Well, I think the latter would be given if you are on good terms with him/her and know they appreciate your work - what I think they do, because they let you sign another contract.

If you can answer that with "yes", maybe it would be possible to reconsider your quit?

These are my 2 cents - if I am assessing this right.

Added: Another thought: Was the initial position exactly given on the contract before they referred you to the warehouse? And if you both have signed that contract, I understand it that he might be forbidden by law to then transfer you somewhere else? I don't know how it is in your country in such cases, but in my country (Germany) the labor court would take care of it.

sToRmR1dR said:

Sorry to hear this sToRmR1dR . :(
One door must be closed before another can be opened.I hope that some new opportunities will arise for you.
Take care.

Hi Ant22 and Learner!

What's done is done!

I am home, and I have support from my family. I don't want to talk about it!

I'll try to find job!

Konstantin: 'Секое лошо за добро е - што и да е ќе помине!'

Thank you! :)

Hi sToRmR1dR,

it's good to know you have a source of support. And I wish you all the best in finding a new job that is not detrimental to your health, and in a more honest company! :flowers:

Sorry to hear. It is good you have support from family and a shame that the company moved you to the warehouse that affected your health twice, after a contract in the office. It's the beginning of another adventure :)

Best of luck in finding new opportunities and take care, sToRmR1dR :flowers:

If it is any comfort to you sToRmR1dR, I think you made the right decision in quitting employment with them?

The Company has been using short-term 6 month Contracts to manipulate your job status, promising one thing (Office work) then claiming only a Warehouse position is available.

From the beginning, they have played this "bait and switch" scheme with you. The conditions under this new Contract - amount to the same. There is no job security in a Company that resorts to these types of tactics. When a Company hires you on for one position and then suddenly changes the terms of the Contract to a lower position, with no other option presented to the employee but promises, they are only trying to recruit "cheap help".

It's unfortunate but many employers resort to these tactics. If you find yourself in a situation like this and the conditions present you with hardships and unreasonable demands, it's best to just move on and search for other employment.

Wish you luck, sToRmR1dR. Tomorrow is a new day and another opportunity! It's a big World to explore.

Thank you for all support and understanding!

It gives me strength 'to r1de the sToRm' (my life)!

Yeehaw! :)

Back
Top Bottom