Beef Ribs with Coconut Milk

irjO

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Here I bring you a recipe that I love to cook, my mother taught me this one, this is beef ribs with coconut milk, is delicious and easy to make, you will need:

- Beef ribs (in short portions)
- Coconut milk (preferably homemade)
- Sea salt
- Garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Mushrooms (previously steamed)

First grab a large pot (size depends on how much you want to make) and filled halfway with water, put the ribs in and boil the pot over low heat until the pot boils water to evaporate completely.

Then throw him coconut milk to fill half of the pot, and put to boil over low heat to evaporate almost all the milk (do not let dry completely), then you throw into the pot two cloves of garlic well distributed between the ribs, then cut the half onion in very small portions and then put it in the pot, do the same with the mushrooms (but cut them in half, not necessarily in small portions) and finally put a little sea salt (small spoon size) to flavor and stir well. ya'll know it will be ready when you feel the smell and see the ribs really soft..

Bon appetit! :)

irjO said:
Then throw him coconut milk to fill half of the pot, and put to boil over low heat to evaporate almost all the milk

I meant "throw in it" not him.

Thank you for the recipe irjo, I made it yesterday and it was good. I added some fresh turmeric and lime too.

irjO said:
irjO said:
Then throw him coconut milk to fill half of the pot, and put to boil over low heat to evaporate almost all the milk

I meant "throw in it" not him.

:lol: it sounds like a delicious recipe irjO! Thanks for sharing, will try to do it at home some day :D

bm said:
Thank you for the recipe irjo, I made it yesterday and it was good. I added some fresh turmeric and lime too.

Good additions :)

TheLostBoy said:
That sounds good! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

You are welcome!

Marina9 said:
:lol: it sounds like a delicious recipe irjO! Thanks for sharing, will try to do it at home some day :D

Try it :)

irjO said:
bm said:

Good additions :)

TheLostBoy said:
That sounds good! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

You are welcome!

Marina9 said:

Try it :)

I have a lot of coconut milk at home right now, just gotta get the ribs and mushrooms! bm's additions sound tasty, now I want to try both variations. It seems to me like a really good candidate for the cookbook since it seems really low in carbs.
Which cut of ribs do you use? A thick cut of about two inches or the thinner cut?

Guille said:
I have a lot of coconut milk at home right now, just gotta get the ribs and mushrooms! bm's additions sound tasty, now I want to try both variations. It seems to me like a really good candidate for the cookbook since it seems really low in carbs.
Which cut of ribs do you use? A thick cut of about two inches or the thinner cut?

Hi Guille,

I think this is a great addition. I was browsing through the compiled recipes and stumbled upon this gem. I did not add the mushrooms, and it was still really good. The ribs that I get come pre-cut in roughly 2 inch pieces. I also added some brisket which came out really nice and tender. The ribs were a bit tough, but maybe it's the beef that I bought. It tends to shrink on the bone. It could be that I boiled the water at too high a temperature.

Back
Top Bottom