Bizarre Egg/Fish Thing

Ben

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Today I was sent this link by my former University lecturer in Zoology, you might find it interesting (or completely baffling, like me).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/5367432.stm

He and some students found something bizarre on a field trip in the Alpes-Maritimes region of France, I was on that field trip last July and I wish I had found something like this! As far as I can tell they are being completely serious, but I cannot exclude the possibility that this is all a joke because it is so completely bizarre!

Yeah, that was pretty freaky! A little hyperdimensional glitch, perhaps?

Truly weird! I am just wondering if somehow (although I cannot imagine how) if the duck in question perhaps ingested a pregnant minnow or some minnow eggs-and they somehow survived in the ducks gullet-or perhaps the minnow eggs were clinging to the ducks posterior (they are egg laying or do they bear live young-the minnows I mean) and when she layed an egg (they are soft when first emerging-the shell only hardens upon exposure to air) they somehow became incorporated into the egg. But then where's the yolk-or is the YOLK on us??!!! :)

If this is not a hoax or practical joke it truly is a mystery-reality is NOT what it seems, eh?

Let me get this straight. The fish were alive??!

tschai said:
(they are soft when first emerging-the shell only hardens upon exposure to air)
Not that the world depends on this or anything, but are you sure about this? It's been my experience that bird eggs emerge 'fully hardened' - unless there is a calcium issue in the hen resulting in what they call 'soft shell' eggs that never harden. Actually, birds, at least birds in captivity, can die from becoming 'egg bound', a condition characterized by the egg not passing as it should due to the size of the egg, or some constriction of some sort (a vet will have to break the shell inside the bird with a syringe needle to drain the egg and collapse the shell, so the shell fragments can pass). Not sure if that happens with wild birds. Perhaps ducks are different - not to hijack the thread, sorry, I just find it interesting, so if ducks are different, let me know. It is an interesting idea - the fish were moving, thus alive, when they supposedly cracked the egg and since egg shells are semi-permeable, I suppose they could have gotten oxygen that way, if the egg was submerged, but what about the egg 'innards'? Hmmm - somehow a hyperdimsional glitch in the matrix almost seems more plausible - (as odd as that sounds) - I wonder if the field trip was 'interrupted and interfered with' and this was a little clue from the universe that something very odd had occurred.

I've thought of these things and NONE of them work for me. The minnows inside the egg were adults and alive, fish eggs require external fertilisation also.

i guess the option "somebody cracked the egg to set the fish in" is out of the question?

Or a fish and a duck had a hot date!

I know: Duck eat fish eggs and 3 of this ended at the place of eggification.

I guess I got my information from an alternate reality and my head is soft (you are right Anart)...Perhaps the egg was laid by a duck billed platyfish-thingy. And Ben is also correct-fish eggs require external fertilization (but the eggs could have already been fertlized BEFORE being ingested by the duck-so there!) But I doubt they would survive in the digestive system-after all birds, ducks of all sorts eat live insects and fish (pelicans, comorants) and they cannot chew their food-the gizzard pretty much makes short work of any thing the bird eats, plus the enzymes in the stomach would dissolve the eggs / embryonic fish-so a trip through the gullet is not likely.

Perhaps a skunk or racoon or some other animal had already eaten the eggs insides and left the empty shell behind and the fish thought it looked like a good place to hide out-and the egg was found with the fish inside-we are assuming the finders are "telling the truth"

Seriously-the more I think about it, the more this smells like a rotten egg. It's probably a hoax / practical joke.

If it is a "glitch" in the Matrix what does that mean?Why would a "glitch" result in such an unlikely combination?

Do we take the academics word at face value, that they did
not crack open the egg and stuff 3 (dead or alive) minnows
into the egg? That would be my first question before continuing
any further. Magicians are known for their sleight of hand and
prey on willing dupes. I am not saying that 3 minnows in a duck
egg is impossible, but I am saying it is highly unlikely. I guess
the devil is in the details....

tschai said:
Why would a "glitch" result in such an unlikely combination?
Why noy? What would then be a "likely", acceptable combination of a interdimentilan glithc?

And what about this: Duck eat already fertilized fish eggs while this were trapped in a capsule, perhaps of mud, and this is how around this capsule eggification procedure took place.

And this: Such an absurd phenomena indicates that 4d is not based on reazon. Instead, it is based on either a uncomprehensible sence of humor or a uncomprehensible malignancy. If based on humor, well we are expected to laugh. If based on malignancy, well we are expectyed to tremble. But we are perplex, so we most be wrong. :D

anart said:
tschai said:
Not that the world depends on this or anything, but are you sure about this? It's been my experience that bird eggs emerge 'fully hardened'
Well, in the case of birds the egg is still shapeable when pushed out by the female because of the muscles forcing the egg out. Perhaps that is what Tschai is referring to? The egg is quite hard already at that point.
I am quite sure of this since I have seen eggs in the bird body and they are rounder than the external egg. Also I have witnessed birds lay eggs.

The major flaw with the duck-eating-fertilised-fish-eggs theory is that the minnows were ADULTS, minnow fry are miniscule and I doubt that they coud survive and grow to adulthood inside a duck egg!

Like I said I have no reason to consider this a hoax other than the fact it is so bizarre. My lecturer and his associate have apparently written to New Scientist in order to find answers to this.

Art said:
tschai said:
Why would a "glitch" result in such an unlikely combination?
Why noy? What would then be a "likely", acceptable combination of a interdimentilan glithc?

And what about this: Duck eat already fertilized fish eggs while this were trapped in a capsule, perhaps of mud, and this is how around this capsule eggification procedure took place.

And this: Such an absurd phenomena indicates that 4d is not based on reazon. Instead, it is based on either a uncomprehensible sence of humor or a uncomprehensible malignancy. If based on humor, well we are expected to laugh. If based on malignancy, well we are expectyed to tremble. But we are perplex, so we most be wrong. :D
How do we come to the conclusion that 4D is not based on reason? Perhaps such a thing is common place and perfectly reasonable by 4D standards-and since the Earth is (supposedly) moving into 4D frequency this type of thing (assuming of course it is attributed to a "glitch" and not just a joke) could be a glimpse of things to come- We have no way to judge what is and is not "reasonable" by 4D definitions-we just cannot see the world from that perspective (yet)

I say it is an unlikely combination because in our world view fish in ducks eggs just are NOT. I was merely wondering what / why a glitch would manifest such a bizzare (by our standards) thing-I mean mutations occur all the time in nature, but most of them are fueled by environmental pressures, genetic tweaks either natural or caused by exposure to toxins or radiation-and some of those can result in some very grotesque and freakish things. But fish in a duck egg are NOT of this nature-or so we think.

Perhaps this is a common thing-but this is just the first time it has ever been discovered-new species of animals and plants are still being found all the time, people are just more mobile and accessing areas of our world that have normally been too remote or inaccessible before now.

Many odd things occur-like strange objects falling from the sky-like fish and frogs, stones and even bones and pieces of flesh. Impossible we say, cannot happen! But it has and it is well documented.

Perhaps these incidents were also "glitches"-or just 4D having some fun at our expense. Who knows?

domivr said:
anart said:
tschai said:
Not that the world depends on this or anything, but are you sure about this? It's been my experience that bird eggs emerge 'fully hardened'
Well, in the case of birds the egg is still shapeable when pushed out by the female because of the muscles forcing the egg out. Perhaps that is what Tschai is referring to? The egg is quite hard already at that point.
I am quite sure of this since I have seen eggs in the bird body and they are rounder than the external egg. Also I have witnessed birds lay eggs.
Here is an x-ray of an egg-bound bird - the egg appears to be fully formed and 'hard' - or the 'egg binding' would not occur -
Eggbound1_400.jpg
- again, it could be that ducks are different, my personal experience is limited to chickens and parrots.

anart said:
domivr said:
anart said:
Here is an x-ray of an egg-bound bird - the egg appears to be fully formed and 'hard' - or the 'egg binding' would not occur.
I am not disagreeing. I am simply referring to is the fact that most birds are able to squeeze a pointy bit on an egg.
I have not had an experience with an egg-bound bird, although I have been able to observe that laying an egg is quite a strain.
My experiences are with smaller birds: canary, parakeet, zebra finch, quail.

Dominique.

Back
Top Bottom