Books, Workplace Bullying and Courage at the Top

Hmm. I am more inclined to think the 'about face' serves your husband's boss's own agenda - be that personal or corporate.

I agree, we all need to keep going, uncompromising and relentless with no fear. I am still shocked daily by what's happening in Gaza, Ukraine and other victims of zionist/eu/us group (or whatever we want to call it) attack.

On a personal note, I received a threatening letter from former employer's solicitor, accusing me of defamation. I replied asking them to please take me to court so that I can prove the truth of my statements and have the opportunity to expose the employer in a public forum. I also posted a response on my blog _http://www.staffdump.com/?p=184

Right, on with my book ... :rolleyes:

Hi Paddyjohn, how is the fight going? Are you well?

I experience a bit of workplace bullying myself but not in an overt manner, it's more feeling of being put down by your superior, shaming tactics, and the sort. I think it's the universe kind of showing me what I was like when I was a spoiled fat kid who treated his siblings in the same way. Karma, I suppose! Now that my emotions have awoken somewhat I know what it feels like. And I don't like it!

Hi Beetlemaniac

I'm very well thanks. I hope you are too.

I've put it all behind me now. After a short but intense fight, including multiple meetings with corporate zombies with their scripts, a one-man demonstration outside council HQ with my very own placard, I suddenly thought 'why am I actually doing this?'

There could be any number of reasons of course (including a possible karmic element as you mentioned) but I decided in the end to move forward. I wrote my book, published on amazon and sold maybe thirty copies. I then unpublished it as part of moving on.

Bullying continues in workplaces across the planet but I don't have the motivation to commit to fighting against it. Have been concentrating more on stopping my own inner bully ;) Meditation and Yoga have been helping greatly with that. One particular book - Brain Drain: the breakthrough that will change your life - has also helped. There's not really anything in it that hasn't been said before, but the way it's presented seemed to hit me where it was needed.

Anyway, enough about me.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, so I'm going to take a look around.

All the best Beetlemaniac.

Hi Paddyjohn!

Paddyjohn said:
One particular book - Brain Drain: the breakthrough that will change your life - has also helped. There's not really anything in it that hasn't been said before, but the way it's presented seemed to hit me where it was needed.

From Amazon:

[quote author=Amazon.com]
Dr. Glassman's book, Brain Drain, discloses the universal answers to these questions, with an original and groundbreaking revelation that gives you the tools to stop your personal "brain drain" and help you find the things in life that are right for you.
_http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Drain-Breakthrough-That-Change/dp/0984196307[/quote]

Oh, do tell this revelation! And to facilitate this, I'll share some sources I've discovered in my researches, like:

Various meta-research studies on bullying and violence in the workplace and in schools
...to get a reality of actual situations between real people (as opposed to the "learned understanding" of some authorities).

Susan Fowler's Why Motivating People Doesn't Work . . . and What Does
...to understand why we often don't know what we value and how this can set us up to be compromised

Gregory Bateson's Double bind: birth of a matrix
...for the generic structure or trap that can be slowly built around us by using the 3rd component of that structure: the feeling or reality that we can't leave the situation.

Allen and Bosta's Games Criminals Play: How You Can Profit by Knowing Them
...for some specific examples of what to look for and some appropriate responses to certain behaviors involved in setting up to be bullied. That book focuses on a prison system as the setting but the authors point out that any or all of the 14 steps are, and can be, employed in specific ways across other circumstances in life.

This subject of bullying has been a compelling field of study for me for most of my life and stems from my own life experiences. Many people and organizations attempt to deal with it and try to solve it, but the problem persists.

I suspect that's because there's not near as much information on the victim's role, in terms of how people can limit and even compromise themselves to become vulnerable. Not that anyone wants to get into a "blame the victim" situation, just develop an understanding of how the bully-victim scenario is a system and some understanding concerning each element in the system has to be gained for each individual instance of it, IMO.

Hello Buddy - good to see you are still active here ;)

Basically Glassman was a medical doctor (of the big pharma field agent/sales rep variety) who became disillusioned with the whole mainstream medical regime. He branched out, had some spiritual experiences, and found that the automatic brain (reptilian fight or flight etc) is the problem. It gives us false messages in order to protect us, but in fact does the opposite. His 'breakthrough' is how to bypass the automatic brain in order to live from the 'mind' which is located in the neo-cortex and is a whole lot more user-friendly.

For me I found his presentation spot on, and am having great results. As usual though, with anything worth doing, the work has to be done.

To be honest Buddy, in regards to workplace bullying, I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of information as to the victims role, or any other information. Bullying, OSIT, is how the PTB run the world through their corporations. The hierarchical system can't work without fear and punishment. Bullying is just that, and it suits the PTB to keep it embedded in the system. The information is there but they aren't going to allow it to be used for the downfall of its own structure.

As a very small scale example I cite my own case. It was absolutely proven that the council broke its anti-bullying policy, and other policies. But even when it was down in black and white, and held in front of their noses, they point blank denied it. So what does one do in such a scenario? - where does one go? - Only to the employment tribunal. But wait, no, the employment tribunal is firmly on the side of employers. Plus you need a heap of money to go there.

All part of the game. Very interesting of course.

Welcome back Paddyjohn!

Sometimes it is more healing to move on than continue fighting the previous employer, and the lessons learned can be priceless.

I was in a similar situation and decided not to go through with a constructive dismissal claim and move on with my life. No regrets and valuable lessons. Thats the key....to make meaning out of it and take a look at programming and 'beliefs'.

How interesting you wrote a book.....was it about the workplace scenario?

Paddyjohn said:
To be honest Buddy, in regards to workplace bullying, I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of information as to the victims role, or any other information. Bullying, OSIT, is how the PTB run the world through their corporations. The hierarchical system can't work without fear and punishment. Bullying is just that, and it suits the PTB to keep it embedded in the system. The information is there but they aren't going to allow it to be used for the downfall of its own structure.

Agreed! It seems my thinking habits on this subject trend to the level on which we, as individuals, deal with the everyday bullys and the dramas they seem to live on. Thanks for the response!

Hi Tracy Anne, and thank you :D

I totally agree. I have a lot more peace now. The fight became a fight for the sake of fighting. It was a relief to see the pointlessness of it all and move on.

The book is my account of it, as well as some help resources for others.

Really lovely to hear from you :)

Paddyjohn said:
Hi Beetlemaniac

I'm very well thanks. I hope you are too.

I've put it all behind me now. After a short but intense fight, including multiple meetings with corporate zombies with their scripts, a one-man demonstration outside council HQ with my very own placard, I suddenly thought 'why am I actually doing this?'

There could be any number of reasons of course (including a possible karmic element as you mentioned) but I decided in the end to move forward. I wrote my book, published on amazon and sold maybe thirty copies. I then unpublished it as part of moving on.

Bullying continues in workplaces across the planet but I don't have the motivation to commit to fighting against it. Have been concentrating more on stopping my own inner bully ;) Meditation and Yoga have been helping greatly with that. One particular book - Brain Drain: the breakthrough that will change your life - has also helped. There's not really anything in it that hasn't been said before, but the way it's presented seemed to hit me where it was needed.

Anyway, enough about me.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, so I'm going to take a look around.

All the best Beetlemaniac.

Glad to hear from you Paddyjohn. Maybe it was for the best, freeing yourself from the situation. That book and the ones that Buddy mentioned sound very interesting -- similar in concept to what we've been exposed to already, such as the System1 (automatic brain), System2 (deliberate reasoning brain) from Thinking, Fast and Slow. I find that I jump on these "old" ideas framed slightly differently in anticipation of it being a kind of "life-changer" but in the end fizzling out, because of my own lack of follow-through. Looks like a clear lack on my part.

I am kind of in a bind in my workplace -- as I said, not overt bullying, but finding it difficult to operate from any other standpoint than the victim's. I am slowly finding self-assertiveness in my spars with superiors but it feels like a long uphill climb which is also hampered by my lack of deep interest in the job (engineering). It came to a point where I woke up one morning and had this strong feeling that I had to escape the situation, change my job or something.

My situation sounds a little trite considering the things that you and most forum members have gone through. I just wish I was stronger! Strength comes from many different sources in my life, colleagues, family, but the forum has always been the most reliable, unconditional source. I'm also looking into new avenues in the Diet & Health research to see if I can bolster my ability to handle stress and be level-headed in any situation. Which reminds me, I haven't done EE today.

Again, thanks for the update Paddyjohn. I still have grateful memories of that post you made to me in the swamp. Enjoy your look around, and hope to see you around. ;)

Also, thanks for the recommendations Buddy. :flowers:

Paddyjohn said:
Hmm. I am more inclined to think the 'about face' serves your husband's boss's own agenda - be that personal or corporate.

I agree, we all need to keep going, uncompromising and relentless with no fear. I am still shocked daily by what's happening in Gaza, Ukraine and other victims of zionist/eu/us group (or whatever we want to call it) attack.

On a personal note, I received a threatening letter from former employer's solicitor, accusing me of defamation. I replied asking them to please take me to court so that I can prove the truth of my statements and have the opportunity to expose the employer in a public forum. I also posted a response on my blog _http://www.staffdump.com/?p=184

Right, on with my book ... :rolleyes:
Hi Paddyjohn,
Great to hear you finished the book and have put the experience behind you.
I think it is relevant and may be of interest to provide an update of my husbands situation. Yes you were correct the bosses about face did not actually reflect any sort of epiphany, the situation worsened and my husband left his job then spent a couple of months up-skilling, doing a lot of community and volunteer work which has evolved into fulfilling paid contracts. He is now thriving after the traumatising experience of his previous employment.

Follow-through is a common factor among may I think, Beetlemaniac. As everything is constantly speeding up though I wonder if techniques for transformation coming through to us are becoming quicker and more direct. Not talking about a quick fix - still needs dedication and commitment - but it makes sense to me that the path can be shorter and straighter now that more and more human beings are waking up. Energy is energy.

That old chestnut 'fear' cripples us. Your lack of deep interest in your job can't help your situation. Maybe it is time you moved on to something that engages you creatively. I think we wither and die when we don't/can't create. I had it in my mind, during my conflict with the council, that I had to stay in the job until I had become the ultimate petty villain slayer. Ego was a large part of that. Fortunately I saw the ego element in it and took the redundancy package.

Diet and health is key. Think about physical exercise though, if you aren't already. Yoga is having an incredibly positive effect on me, along with meditation.

I'm grateful that you triggered my coming back to the forum, and I thank you for that. I clearly wasn't ready for it when I was here last - like a bull in a china shop. But all is lessons!

Hi gottathink

Fantastic news about your husband! I'm so pleased that he is now out of that debilitating situation, and thriving. And of course the positive knock on effect on you.

I'm going to republish my workplace bullying book, but under an alias. I, with a friend and former colleague at the council, have written and published some childrens books and I don't want them linked by Amazon to the bully book.

Good hearing from you, and again, great news about your husband.

Back
Top Bottom