Brace Yourselves For War Between Iran and Israel

Note keeping:

(Just want to say there is some fuzziness here but from my research it looks like 112 is the total number, and 17-18 are tracking in flight now, how many are on the ground in the ME and how many are still in the US prepping for flight is unknown, the moving of these planes started in mid January)

At Least 112 USAF C-17 Aircraft Headed To Middle East: 'Desert Storm Levels'​


"An eye-opening and massive number of C-17 Globemaster military transport and cargo planes have been observed heading to Europe and the Middle East, in what some monitors have forewarned looks like the build-up to major war in Iran."

"One regional watcher and pundit commented in response: "112 C-17s are in or on their way to the Middle East. Guys, that’s a lot. Like Desert Storm a lot. Stay tuned."

"A total of 112 U.S. Air Force C-17's have now either arrived or are en route to the Middle East with a further 17-18 in-progress flights, a number of Royal Air Force logistics flights from RAF Marham to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, and movement on U.S. Air Force CORONETs," the source said."


"FM Abbas Araghchi asserted Tehran is not intimidated but that this raises "doubts about the other party's seriousness and readiness to engage in genuine negotiations." He added: "We are closely monitoring the situation, assessing all the signals, and will decide whether to continue the negotiations."

Article below:

 
Last edited:

Hours-Long Netanyahu Meeting Concludes Away From Cameras, Trump Committed To Iran Talks


Wednesday, Feb 11, 2026 - 12:43 PM
Update(1443ET):

From Trump's Post:

"I insisted that negotiations with Iran continue."
"If it can,
I let the Prime Minister know that will be a preference. If it cannot, we will just have to see what the outcome will be," he stated in a Truth Social post. "Last time Iran decided that they were better off not making a Deal, and they were hit with Midnight Hammer — That did not work well for them. Hopefully this time they will be more reasonable and responsible."

Article and post below:

 
Bluffing?

Exclusive: US military preparing for potentially weeks-long Iran operations​


"WASHINGTON, Feb 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. military is preparing for the possibility of sustained, weeks-long operations against Iran if President Donald Trump orders an attack, two U.S. officials told Reuters, in what could become a far more serious conflict than previously seen between the countries."

"The Pentagon declined to comment."

"The same official said the United States fully expected Iran to retaliate, leading to back-and-forth strikes and reprisals over a period of time."

From other sources: (Bluffing?)

Iran has issued multiple, explicit, and recent statements saying it may strike preemptively if it:

• detects a looming threat
• interprets U.S. or Israeli rhetoric as preparation for action
• believes its sovereignty or internal stability is being targeted

 
Bluffing?

Exclusive: US military preparing for potentially weeks-long Iran operations​


"WASHINGTON, Feb 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. military is preparing for the possibility of sustained, weeks-long operations against Iran if President Donald Trump orders an attack, two U.S. officials told Reuters, in what could become a far more serious conflict than previously seen between the countries."

"The Pentagon declined to comment."

"The same official said the United States fully expected Iran to retaliate, leading to back-and-forth strikes and reprisals over a period of time."

From other sources: (Bluffing?)

Iran has issued multiple, explicit, and recent statements saying it may strike preemptively if it:

• detects a looming threat
• interprets U.S. or Israeli rhetoric as preparation for action
• believes its sovereignty or internal stability is being targeted

Quite likely because it would not be a first time and the second carrier is coming, and if not US will give ultimatum to Iran to disarm it s missiles that it can not accept so the result will be the same, conflict once again, it seems.
 
Monday, Feb 16, 2026 - 10:00 AM
by Tyler Durden

Iran's elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) kicked off naval drills Monday in the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz, according to state media.

The exercise, dubbed "Smart Control of Hormuz Strait," is being carried out by IRGC naval forces under the direct supervision of the Guards' top command, state television reported, with semi-official Tasnim news agency describing the drills as testing combat readiness against "possible security and military threats." Energy markets are watching closely.



Under the supervision of IRGC Commander-in-Chief Major General Mohammad Pakpour, a state media press release described the exercise further as "A rapid, decisive, and comprehensive response to maritime security threats form the core focus of the intelligence and operational components of the units deployed during the exercise."

Indirect nuclear talks between the US and Iran have lately resumed after collapsing when Israel launched strikes on Iran in June 2025, igniting a 12-day conflict that included US attacks on three Iranian nuclear facilities - with another round of negotiations scheduled for Tuesday in Geneva, with Oman serving as mediator.

The timing is no coincidence, given that late last week President Trump announced he was dispatching a second aircraft carrier to the Middle East, while continuing to warn that military action against Iran remains on the table.

The IRGC has been conducing sporadic and in some cases unannounced drills in regional waters in order to demonstrate to Washington the Islamic Republic's military readiness.

Two weeks ago, when some of the first drills kicked off, US Central Command (CENTCOM) warned the IRGC it better be careful in the vicinity of US naval assets.

"We will not tolerate unsafe IRGC (Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps) actions including overflight of U.S. military vessels engaged in flight operations, low-altitude or armed overflight of U.S. military assets when intentions are unclear, highspeed boat approaches on a collision course with U.S. military vessels, or weapons trained at U.S. forces," CENTCOM said at the time.

"US forces acknowledge Iran's right to operate professionally in international airspace and waters," it added, and noted that "any unsafe and unprofessional behavior near U.S. forces, regional partners or commercial vessels increases risks of collision, escalation, and destabilization," the statement had warned.

1771279289502.png

Source: Getty Images/iStockphoto

None of Iran's drills or threat of counterstrike have deterred the ongoing Pentagon build-up in the Middle East with an eye on Iran, however. One thing the White House should be able to perceive, however, is that any military action against Tehran is going to clearly be much more complex, and harder, than some one-off mission in Venezuela.

The potential for massive blow-back and for things to go seriously awry is much greater in the case of a potential US conflict with Iran.

16.02.2026 Video
Despite engaging in talks with Iran, the U.S. has bolstered its military presence in the Middle East by deploying a second aircraft carrier, with reports suggesting that the administration of President Donald Trump is planning extended operations against the Islamic Republic.

Trump’s decision to send a second aircraft carrier was confirmed on February 13. The U.S. didn’t, however, send just any carrier, but rather its newest and largest, the USS Gerald R. Ford.

The Ford and its strike group are currently in the Caribbean Sea. The group will likely need three or four weeks to arrive in the Middle East. There, they will join the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier and its strike group, which arrived in the region earlier in the month.

The deployment of the Ford may not be the height of the ongoing U.S. military buildup. There are signs that a third aircraft carrier could soon be sent there.

The USS George H.W. Bush and its strike group are concluding drills off the coast of Virginia, and may be readying for deployment in the Middle East. Like the Ford, the Bush could take up to a month to arrive in the region.

On February 14, a report by Reuters revealed that the U.S. military is preparing sustained, weeks-long operations against Iran. The campaign would see the U.S. attacking Iranian state and security facilities, not just nuclear infrastructure.

Despite the escalation, it was reported on the very same day that the U.S. and Iran are expected to hold a second round of nuclear talks in Geneva on February 17 in an effort to reach a deal that prevents war.

The talks will not be easy, however, as Israel, which will likely join any American attack on the Islamic Republic, made some very difficult demands.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on February 15 stated that Iran should hand over all of its enriched uranium, and completely give up on enrichment capabilities. He even called for limiting the range of Iranian missiles to just 300 kilometers, far less than the distance from the Islamic Republic to Israel.

Netanyahu didn’t stop there. He also said that any agreement should also address Iran’s support for its allies in the Middle East.

Taking into account the massive U.S. military buildup, and the difficult demands set by Israel, it is highly unlikely that the upcoming round of talks will produce anything.

The U.S. is likely attempting to deceive Iran and calm down some of its allies in the Middle East who are worried of a regional war. Nevertheless, it may already be too late to avoid such a war.


Lindsey Graham with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Live in Israel
Times of Israel
 
Yes, iranians are learning. It is a matter of life and death for Iran now.

The Americans constantly say that they’ve sent a warship toward Iran. Of course, a warship is a dangerous piece of military hardware. However, more dangerous than that warship is the weapon that can send that warship to the bottom of the sea. Khamenei
The US president stated that America has not been able to destroy the Islamic Republic for 47 years; this is a good admission. And I say: you will not be able to do that either. Khamenei

Iran fires missiles into Strait of Hormuz. This is part of a live-fire military drill conducted by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in the Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf, and the Gulf of Oman, which started early on February 17, 2026
Iran fires missiles into Strait of Hormuz during military exercise as nuclear talks begin

Iran announced that its paramilitary Revolutionary Guard started a drill early yesterday morning in the Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, waterways that are crucial international trade routes through which 20% of the world’s oil passes.

The development comes as the US and Iran begin their second round of indirect talks on Iran’s nuclear program.

Talks between the US and Iran have begun in Geneva to find a way to prevent armed conflict. Many consider this meeting to be the last chance for the US to avoid attacking Iranian infrastructure, and virtually all analysts believe that the US will attack regardless.

Meanwhile, the aircraft carrier USS Gerald Ford is passing through the Strait of Gibraltar on its way to the Middle East.​
 
Back
Top Bottom