Brazil: Lesbian Couple Who Tried to Force Transgender Surgery on 9-Year-Old Boy Stab Him to Death

You might overestimate the role of (loving) nurture. The fact is the most important factor is not nurture, especially parents nurturing, but nature. Countless loving parents have had abusive kids, countless abusive parents have had kids that didn't become oppressors.

Learning involves efforts, the fear of the unknown, the fear of failure, the fear of change. Learning opposes entropy that is a big part of human nature. So, in order to learn, one must suffer. Suffering is necessary but it is not always sufficient. Too otfen, the one who suffers doesn't even learn.

Can you really imagine a world only made of love, beauty and peace? Could you really appreciate love if you didn't know what hate is? Could you truly appreciate beauty if you didn't have encountered ugliness? Could you fully enjoy peace if you had never faced war?

You're right when you say you can not know what is sweet until you try bitter. But what I am looking at, not in the world, but concrete in the everyday example before my eyes is that people who have experienced terrible brutality (talking specifically about the consequences of the war in my country) and who survived this torture, today have in themselves terribly full of hate (hate against an enemy on a national basis) and this hateis further passed on to their children. Rarely are those who have done terrible crimes to completely forgive. Look at those troubled children ... what will they spend on next generations?
This is just one of the thoughts, I'm not saying you're not right either :-)

You might overestimate the role of (loving) nurture. The fact is the most important factor is not nurture, especially parents nurturing, but nature. Countless loving parents have had abusive kids, countless abusive parents have had kids that didn't become oppressors.

In reading Dostoyevsky's book, The Brothers Karamazov, he has a couple of chapters, where he tries to deal with the issue of abuse of children and how there can be a God if such is allowed. In that discussion he makes several points which are interesting as it perhaps is the effects of the splitting of the Catholic church (see thread started by Luc) and the resulting atheism, nihilism, materialism, Darwinism, and progressive views. Cutting humanity off from the higher emotional center and thus leaving it open to the entropic forces of the base instincts was a devious move by the STS forces and those under the greatest influence by them. Like Laura wrote in another thread:

And another thing: There are a lot of people being raised as atheists nowadays who are NOT exposed to the Christian values ethic in their environment and I think we are seeing the consequences of that in our world.

Here is the quote from Dostoevsky,, book version translated by David McDuff, page 315-316:

But I have even better ones concerning young children, I have a great, great many items about Russian children in my collection, Alyosha. The father and mother of a little five-year old girl, “most respectable and high-ranking, educated and of progressive views”, conceived a hatred of her. Let me tell you, I once again positively assert that in many scions of mankind there is a curious property – the love of torturing children, but only children. To all other specimens of the human race these same torturers are even favourably and meekly inclined, as befitting humane men of European and progressive education, but they have a great love of torturing children, and their love for children is even based on that. It is the very unprotected aspect of these creatures that tempts the torturers, the angelic trustfulness of the child, which has nowhere to go and no one to turn to – this it is that excites the foul blood of the torturer. In every human being, of course, there lurks a beast, a beast of anger, a beast of voluptuous excitement ...

The book version uses the word 'progressive' whereas online the translation uses the word 'cultured'. I have a feeling from his other books that Dostoevsky meant progressive, but I could be wrong. The above excerpt about most respectable and high-ranking, educated and of progressive views", also made me think of the whole pedophilia story currently in the news due to Epstein, but which seems equally prevalent in many Western countries at least. Dostoevsky did not have the benefit of what we have learned about ponerology and psychopathy, but never the less makes some astute observations.

Dostoevsky makes it clear that in every human being lurks the beast, as Kenlee also pointed to and which Jordan Peterson often underlines. Yet it is possible to tame it but it involves work, honesty and suffering, which few are willing to embark on.

I'm talking about good and evil in the context as it deals with the average normal person and their ponerization from psychopaths who betray humanity consciously. The average person pretty much betrays another unconsciously thru stupidity, unconsciousness, mechanicality and lack of will to understand reality and ourselves because they will have to 'pay' in terms of their prejudices, comfort, security etc. A payment they are not willing to make.

They don't want to know the truth because it's not pleasant and it's thru this ignorance that it gets projected onto the other person or group and totally fails to see the real enemy because of lack of willingness to see the truth.

Back
Top Bottom