'Brexit' wins, UK to leave the EU?

griffin

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
The Telegraph called the result of the EU referendum vote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-results-live-brexit-most-likely-outcome-says-leadi/

If the UK political establishment honors the electorate's vote, Britain will leave the EU without delay.

Re: Brexit wins, UK to leave the EU

Quite unexpected - we'll have to see what shenanigans the government and the ruling elite will come up with.

I've been wondering why this didn't already have its own pre-referendum thread. I guess we pretty much thought the vote would be rigged in favor of remain, and since there have been many similar false alarms in this regard, maybe there wasn't much to see here. And maybe there still won't ultimately be much to see, as it is repeatedly pointed out (sometimes in the fine print of the MSM) that the referendum does not contain any legally binding language and the decision is still up to Parliament to either negotiate or reject altogether. But just the global market reaction so far should be enough to shake anyone.

There's been some speculation that if not outright "rigged" in favor of Brexit, the likely result was taken into account in order to blame the global economic downturn on xenophobic nationalists, and the murder of MP Jo Cox was part of framing events in this light.

Yes, voting to leave that's the first suprise. There is no way this will be allowed to happen imo. i would imagine that every eventuality will of been planned for by the PTB.

Suppose it may be interesting seeing the reaction of the MSM. It's already been said it could take 2 years to get every thing in place to leave. It will probably end up making things crazier than they already are!

Just saw the news - and financial markets are tumbling all over Asia...I wonder if it is going to be the "trigger moment" for the Empire to unleash economic chaos, as their finger has been on the button for a while...not sure

The markets reaction is scaring me... But I really don't think it's that large of a deal. It should not be panic! The UK isn't even in the euro, so what crisis? EU states will need to be satisfied so that they don't exit. I think we could even have a new treaty ( there is seems to be one each decade ). And the EU should hold together stronger than ever. The EU consisting of the european continent... the continent.

I don't believed the Scottish referendum was rigged ( as in election fraud ). And now, maybe they get another chance to vote.

:huh: If this occurs just imagine the effect it has on other EU populations that want out. How could the US even allow to threaten their EU instrument?

So what is it is? Another scheme or a actually rebel English elite trying to save their power where the US only accept full spectrum dominance? If it is the latter, the Empire is showing it cracks for everyone to see.

We have to wait what this possible Brexit actually means.

I picked up my phone this morning half asleep and thought I was still dreaming. From what I've read, I think the SHTF scenario just got closer.
Considering that the PTB have enough control to swing the referendum result in their favour, this suggests that they want the markets to crash. Are they pulling the plug?

griffin said:
If the UK political establishment honors the electorate's vote, Britain will leave the EU without delay.

That's exactly the point, what will the elite decide to do and what legal loopholes they will use is the relevent issue as pointed in this excellent summary: https://www.sott.net/article/320733-Britain-will-remain-in-the-EU-Why-Brexit-outcome-is-a-foregone-conclusion

And just to complete the farce, I bet you didn't know that the result of the public vote is non-binding. Writing in the Financial Times, British lawyer David Allen Green explained that the Brexit vote is "advisory," not "mandatory." That is to say, it doesn't really matter what the public thinks or wants, the politicians and their corporate buddies have the final say. Which kind of makes sense given that most of what the public thinks it wants is a product of the incessant media propaganda, which is in turn dictated by corrupt politicians and their corporate buddies. Western 'democracy', ya gotta love it!

or as noted here: _http://theduran.com/british-vote-brexit-doesnt-matter/

However it is important to say that what is a critical issue for Britain and its people is nowhere near so critical for the rest of the world. Contrary to some people’s predictions, if Britain votes to leave I fully expect the EU to continue in much the same way as it is doing today. Flesh creeping talk of the EU’s collapse, of a global economic crisis, of sweeping advances in Europe by the far right, of the collapse of the Western alliance, of Russian “expansion” (a particularly absurd claim) and of the outbreak of World War III (ditto) are utter nonsense.

Even if Britain votes to leave it will take several years before it actually happens – if it even does – and arrangements will certainly be put in place during that period to ensure that the Western alliance remains intact, that US influence in Europe remains undiminished and that the disruption to the rest of the EU is reduced to a minimum. As it happens if Britain votes to leave I expect Britain to draw closer still to the US (I give no credence to hopes it would draw closer to Russia) in which case US influence in Europe might actually grow. As for the EU, since Britain is not a member of the Eurozone, the disruption caused by its departure will be small.

Financial Hairball that's for sure.

Sputnik
Brexit: EU 'Pushes Forward World Imperialism (Radio Clip Podcast)
(updated 02:09 24.06.2016)
http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160624/1041848275/brexit-eu-imperialism.html
The vote-counting has started in UK referendum to depart from or stay within the European Union. Prominent figures from the British left discussed on Radio Sputnik the potential impact of the outcome of the referendum on the country’s future.
"My vote is not for the EU today, my vote is against Brexit, because Brexit is arguably the UK manifestation of the resurgence of the far-right that's been taking place across Europe, and response to the economic depression and austerity. This resurgence has been taking place in Western Ukraine and Hungary, Germany, France, across Scandinavia, and has taken place in the UK under the auspices of Brexit."

Sputnik
If Britain Goes: Three Scenarios for Brexit
(updated 12:47 23.06.2016)
http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160623/1041792801/brexit-vote-scenarios.html
“Our projections [about the possible downsides of Brexit] are significantly less pessimistic than analysis produced by some other bodies. This is particularly true in comparison with the work of HM Treasury, the gloomy results of which rest on a number of questionable assumptions,” Oxford Economics’ experts wrote in an analysis released on Thursday.

Just read Niall's article on Brexit and then i saw the RT article published on Sott with British mass media forecasting a British exit from UE, very interesting indeed, i mean i agree with others about the rigging of the referendum from the part of the elites, for them it's not a big deal, they done it before (Scottish referendum for Independence as one example), if Britain leaves UE, it will do so only if the PTB allows them to do so, interesting what they have in mind... Will wait and see.

RT
It's official: UK votes to leave EU
Published time: 24 Jun, 2016 06:06
https://www.rt.com/news/348125-official-outcome-brexit-referendum/
The British pound plunged 10 percent, the most since 1985, the euro fell the furthest since its introduction in 1999, while the Japanese yen had its biggest surge since 1998. Oil fell to $47 per barrel. Gold soared along with US Treasuries as panicked investors sought a safe haven from the markets.

“Investors are just trying to get out. You sell first and ask questions later. There was a massive miscalculation of risk and now you're seeing all that unwind,” head of investment strategy at Perpetual Ltd. in Sydney, Matthew Sherwood, told Bloomberg.

The outcome of the Brexit referendum has caused reaction at home and worldwide. Sinn Fein has said: "The British [have] forfeited any mandate to represent [the] economic or political interests of people in Northern Ireland."

The leader of the French National Front Marine Le Pen hailed the success and called for a similar EU referendum in France.

I was also expecting Brits to "vote" for staying. Interesting! We'll see.

Ultimately though, what Niall wrote in his article still applies, so we'll have to see how things develop, I guess:

https://www.sott.net/article/320733-Britain-will-remain-in-the-EU-Why-Brexit-outcome-is-a-foregone-conclusion

And just to complete the farce, I bet you didn't know that the result of the public vote is non-binding. Writing in the Financial Times, British lawyer David Allen Green explained that the Brexit vote is "advisory," not "mandatory." That is to say, it doesn't really matter what the public thinks or wants, the politicians and their corporate buddies have the final say. Which kind of makes sense given that most of what the public thinks it wants is a product of the incessant media propaganda, which is in turn dictated by corrupt politicians and their corporate buddies. Western 'democracy', ya gotta love it!

It's not mandatory. However Britain is going to have a new government. Maybe the UK will stay in the common market, even. But it doesn't make sense for them to stay as an EU voting member. As I noted, they are not in the Euro. That was of course the eventual plan and aspiration of EU leaders, but it was never going to be easy. And the financial centre of London, was always divided on this.
Since the British failed spectacularly in adopting the Euro in 1992 the UK has always been in a strange situation in Europe, and was needing this referendum I think to decide its direction as a euro-integrated member, or a not-member.

David Cameroon decided to leave the office. of course not immediately.

_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-results-live-brexit-wins-as-britain-votes-to-leave/

Back
Top Bottom