Bring back Jung at university (a little successful network case)

Abats

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
hello everyone !

I thought it would be a good idea to put this into creative action. If it is not the case, thank you to the moderators to put it in the appropriate section.

On the forum it seems to me that there are many of us who are close to Jung's thoughts and writings. I have come to tell you some good news (I hope) about the success of a networking project that will culminate in the first university colloquium in France entirely on Jung's thought. The theme of the colloquium will be articulated on alchemy, esotericism, medicine and will be spread over two days. To explain how this was possible, we have to go back 8 years, in 2012. (attention my post may be long)

During my studies in psychology, I never really understood why Jung was absent and that the only thought we were taught was the horrible Freud and Lacan. Reducing human psyche to a sexual principle did not suit me at all.

For my third year, we had to carry out a study work (a kind of mini-master thesis) I looked for a teacher who was interested in Jung because I wanted to work on synchronicity. I managed to find him and I told him that it would be good to bring Jung back to the university because I had noticed that more and more students were interested in him. If I remember correctly, he replied that it wasn't the right time, but in that, at the time, I thought it was because he might be the only one in the psychology department. At the same time I had to find a tutor for my internship and I sent him an email to see if he knew any and if possible was interested in Jung and synchronicity but he didn't answer me.

Two months later, a friend invited me to come to a university study day with lots of lecturers all day long. Having never been there before, I said yes, why not?
So I attend this day and a lecturer starts talking about Jung and synchronicity (what a miracle, I say to myself) neither one nor two, I go to see him at the end of the lecture and we go to a room to eat with other professors and students. We then begin to discuss Jung, synchronicity and the theory of the future that already exists in the state of potential via retrocausality. Pleasantly surprised, he gives me his email address so that we can exchange on the subject. Soon later he will be my tutor for my intership.

At the same time, the professor with whom I wanted to do my study work on Jung arrives in the room, I say hello to him and we make the presentations with the lecturer. At that moment we were three Jungians connected

In 2015, I am contacted by an aikido teacher from the university who asks to meet me because one of my acquaintances told him that I was interested in Jung. We meet and discuss these projects, including his willingness to create an association focused exclusively on the correspondence between Jung and Pauli. He also talks to me about the link between the collective unconscious and the movements of the body in trance during the modified states of consciousness related to aikido. I kept a sporadic contact with this person and he invited me to a small study day in a tiny room, we were at most 20-25 people with some of them who knew absolutely nothing about Jung.

In the spring of 2018, I find out about the possibilities of having a study day on Jung with the people I met. I ask my master's supervisor if she would be willing to be the scientific representative of the day (obligatory to have the conference room) she accepts with pleasure and by the same token puts me in contact with the professor I met in 2013 (we go back in time ^^) This professor asks me for my phone number and calls me, I explain to him that we would like to organize a study day on Jung at the university and that I have lecturers on hand to animate this day. He asks me if I can put them in touch by giving them a phone number and email address, which I agreed to do.

Shortly afterwards, these people met and it was intellectual love at first sight, if I may say so. the discussions for a study day were on the table between researchers. At this time we were five Jungians connected

September 2018 comes the beginning of the university year and there I learn that this professor that I met in 2012 will give us lessons on Jung and invites us to a seminar with one of his friends, a professor of medicine, around the theme of medicine and esotericism. I wasn't expecting it !

During the year 2019 I made the link between all his people and I learn that a first meeting at the personal home of this professor met in 2012 took place without my being invited (I was a little disappointed because all these years, I had managed to gather people).

But something else happened in september 2019, we are the day of my final exam to become a psychologist (master thesis defence). In front of me, to evaluate me, it was that famous professor met in 2012.

After the jury's deliberation, he gives me my grade and invites me to take part in the group's activities at his personal home in order to set up the first university colloquium on Jung's thought.

What an adventure ! Moreover, It was not planned that I would participate in this colloquium as a speaker, but I have been asked to do so, so I will discuss the corruption and perversion of Jungian thought by the post-modernist and the need to reappropriate Jungian concepts with objectivity (especially with the synchronicity and anima / animus used to promote transgenderism). the people I have met in this adventure during these years and with whom I have kept in touch are part of the group that is helping to organize the colloquium and some of them will also be speakers.

This colloquium will be filmed by the services of the university and the work of the speakers will be published in a book. In fact we sincerely hope that this will be somekind of a start to bring back jung at college
I tried to write as best I could, English is not my native language. Thank you for reading me !

Thank you Nienna for pointing me this thread, I just start reading it. I think this will hlep me to reconsiderer with a lot more objectivity my knowledges about jung ! FWIW, this is not my intention to glorify Jung's work, I just wanted to bring him back (initially in 2012) to study the concepts of synchronicity, alchemia, persona and collective unconscious ! but I'm aware that Jung has a very dark side. This is why I'm going to talk about that in my lecture whether the public likes it or not. On the forum we work for the thruth, maybe I can work towards that.

Sorry for the double post but I think the matrix is trying to tell me something or is playing with me. I just came back from a walk in town with a friend and guess who I pass on the same sidewalk... this famous professor I met in 2012... oddly enough it coincides with the first post I wrote last night. It seems to be a synchronicity but with what you told me Nienna I wonder if there wasn't some kind of intervention ?

It's really strange that it happened at that moment, I'm not sure how to capture this event with my mind. Maybe you could help me to see it more clearly ? It's really scary what just happened.

Hi Abats,

that post that Nienna shared was quite the shock for me, it took me a while to digest.

As far as the chance run into your professor from 2012, well it’s truly the coincidence isn’t it? Without any expertise in reading life’s symbolic meanings that sometimes are there and sometimes they’re not.

I’d say that it’s quite curious that as you receive the reply into Jung’s darker side, the symbol of your current view of Jung just so happens to show up in your life. Now of course this all needs to be qualified with several other factors, proximity of residence and likelihood of a chance encounter as well as others. But it’s interesting nonetheless, it’s one of those “what are the odds?” Moments.

If I had to speculate, based on what you've shared and with very limited experience,in order to give you a single reading, I’d say that perhaps you’re at a crossroads in terms of Jung.

Mind you, I could be completely wrong about it all. But symbolic synchronicity or not, I think that, as with everything, what matters is how we respond to these little events.

Hi Abats,

that post that Nienna shared was quite the shock for me, it took me a while to digest.

As far as the chance run into your professor from 2012, well it’s truly the coincidence isn’t it? Without any expertise in reading life’s symbolic meanings that sometimes are there and sometimes they’re not.

I’d say that it’s quite curious that as you receive the reply into Jung’s darker side, the symbol of your current view of Jung just so happens to show up in your life. Now of course this all needs to be qualified with several other factors, proximity of residence and likelihood of a chance encounter as well as others. But it’s interesting nonetheless, it’s one of those “what are the odds?” Moments.

If I had to speculate, based on what you've shared and with very limited experience,in order to give you a single reading, I’d say that perhaps you’re at a crossroads in terms of Jung.

Mind you, I could be completely wrong about it all. But symbolic synchronicity or not, I think that, as with everything, what matters is how we respond to these little events.

Hi Alejo,

I'm sorry that the post shared by Nienna may have shocked you, I felt a little bit that effect but it dissipated quickly.

Indeed the chances were quite low that I would run into him for many reasons. He was far from his home when I met him, I hardly ever go out and it's even rarer because I don't really have any friends in town. Moreover in the north of France the sun is rarely present and I don't know but I thought I should take a dose of vitamin D ^^ and I went outside.

I find your reflection very accurate, it's a bit as if my inner dialogue on the "true Jung" and my awareness with Nienna's post had been reflected outside, as if a choice had to be made, a fork in my thinking.

I could have returned after reading the thread that Nienna pointed out but curiously I take it very well, I think I could have questioned myself easily and probably deep inside I sensed that something was wrong with Jung. I have read some of these books but I have the impression that he tries to lose us by entering sometimes in tirades of words that seem to mean nothing. Some of these concepts were nevertheless foundational but unfortunately ended up being ponerized ...

Back
Top Bottom